Baker Mayfield released (Merged)

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Why? He’s not an upgrade over Brock Purdy

No one wants Baker, he’s been exposed and he’s a headcase problem child who thinks he’s still in the big 12 with wide open receivers all day which is why the panthers were forced to cut him 

Neither is baker.  Marriott’s also a stinky bust but he’s better than Baker Mayfield 

“Hello flame, is that you?”

- Moth 

• Haha 2

Truly amazing stuff.  Here I thought they were going to sign Josh Rosen and have a 2018 class reunion.  

While Joe Douglas likes to kick the tires on stuff.  Given the tumultuous events that would ensue, I pass.  I confess, he would be an improvement over Flacco and we will move on from Zack in the offseason.

ESPN 30 for 30: Sam Darnold. 

"Sam gets vindication, not by proving early haters and angry Jet fans wrong by winning a lot and being a franchise quarterback. No. But by watching Baker get released before him."

Camera fades to black.

Sarah McLachlan plays as the outro reads "Sam is living a successful life. He drives his Bentley Bentayga to his job as a middle school gym teacher in Southern California, all this before his 30th birthday".

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Our QB room is a mess.  I'd sign him and let him compete.  There would be no to low risk in signing him.  Wave Flacco anyone?  :) 

I totally lost confidence in WFW yesterday.   We need someone who can score from the red zone.  I don't care who that might be at this point.  Keep signing QB's till we find one.   

I have always considered you one of the voices of reason on the board. How is our QB room a mess. We have a 300+ yards pocket passer who is just starting to get real opportunities. We have a 2nd round pick on the waiting, and a former Super Bowl champion for whatever advice or tip he may share in practice.