Anybody listen to the Vikings feed of this game?

Screw them.

But between us, Sauce has not played as well as many on this forum have made him out to be. He has been good, but to be honest he has been very lucky too. He got beat a few times yesterday and Cousins didnt throw to the receiver that beat him. And prior to this game he has gotten away with about 20 PI's that werent called.

But overall, for a rookie, what more could you ask for?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 6
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I had it on satellite radio briefly around the half as I travelled from spot to spot.  They made a few points and generally seemed pretty much stupid homer to me, but I am always interested what the "other side" thinks.

• One guy said that he "watched the all-22" and Mike White "never, not once" looked off the man he was throwing to.
  • Said that Sauce Gardner is a nice pick, but that on the 4th down to Osborn, and a play slightly later, he "had no idea where he was going. So, let's pump the brakes on him being a stud."  
  • They said that the Jets were known as a tough banging team that brings it every down and that they were impressed that the Vikings were standing up to them.  They thought it "bodes well for a big 2nd half." 
  • They said that the Vikings were in need of a statement win and that at the half they weren't sure how the game would turn out, but that the Vikings were well on their way to the kind of big win they have been needing to get people to believe.

The stuff about Gardner seems silly.  I found the stuff about White interesting.  I wonder how true it is.  I doubt that any Vikings broadcasting douche is going to pick apart Mike White at the level of the Zach Wilson truthers or even any Penningtologists that are insulted at the comparisons.  Interested in what is out there.  I will say that his accuracy on the passes out of the backfield can be shockingly good.  Right off the bat. 

I think people don't realize how important stupid things can be.  The block in the back?  People want to blame Berrios?  WTF?  Fant just pushed the guy dead in the back.  You just don't do that.  I think it can be the runner's fault on holds where guys get locked in and One of then a guy switched directions and you suddenly have them yoked, but not that.  That killed a drive.  Last week, the early whistle on Carter's run when he broke free for an additional 5 yards that was called back killed another drive. One of the issues with dinking and dunking is the need for perfection.  You need perfection or to bust free for big plays, like a back breaking one or Wilson's post-catch run.  Likewise the tipped balls being picked, argh.

Don't know what to make of the Sauce comment.  Sounded like sour grapes.  I wonder what they had to say after the game.

I also wonder what they thought of their standing up to the bully comments and the Vikings being a 2nd half team.  Being a hard hitting team does not pay dividends in the 1st quarter.  It also does not endear you to the refs which I think we see.  Come the end of the game?  With all that rotation?  2nd half team or not, those ****ers are worn out and getting smacked down after down. 

Anybody hear what they had to say during the comeback or post-game?

On the Around The NFL podcast, it’s a long-running joke how much the Minnesota radio crew are insane homers. 

17 minutes ago, Facts said:

Screw them.

But between us, Sauce has not played as well as many on this forum have made him out to be. He has been good, but to be honest he has been very lucky too. He got beat a few times yesterday and Cousins didnt throw to the receiver that beat him. And prior to this game he has gotten away with about 20 PI's that werent called.

You should listen to your username and look for the Facts on Sauce. He is the best CB in the NFL

• Upvote 2

Vikings are 10-2 with a net +10 point differential on the season.

They are a mirage.  They can't keep this up.

I caught a bit of the Vikings radio feed on XM during the game.

Vikings announcers were pretty arrogant.  They were absolutely killing Saleh for going for it on 4th down on their own 42 with 2 mins left in the 1st half. 

I loved the boldness by Saleh.  You were already down 2 TDs and you knew the Vikings were gonna get the ball back to start the 2nd half.  You had to do something to try change the momentum and get back in the game.

And in the end, it didn't cost the Jets anything because Zuerlein came back and nailed the 60-yarder.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

What's worse, this guy's take on Sauce or the guy from a couple of weeks ago who said "the Jets don't have any game-changers on defense"?  I remember when questioned about it by the PBP guy, who named Quinnen specifically, the guy's response was basically "well he's not Aaron Donald, so...".   I guess that's the bar.  If you're not Aaron Donald or Darrelle Revis, you're not a stud.

Although what's funny is this Vikings announcer probably would have said the same sh*t about Revis, since even when Revis was holding guys like Moss, TO, Andre Johnson, Ocho Cinco to 40 yards(like Sauce and Reed just did with Jefferson), he DID have plays here and there where he was beat.  Apparently that's enough to say "let's pump the brakes".  By that logic, let's pump the brakes on calling Jefferson a stud.  45 yards?  Gee wiz.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

What's worse, this guy's take on Sauce or the guy from a couple of weeks ago who said "the Jets don't have any game-changers on defense"?  I remember when questioned about it by the PBP guy, who named Quinnen specifically, the guy's response was basically "well he's not Aaron Donald, so...".   I guess that's the bar.  If you're not Aaron Donald or Darrelle Revis, you're not a stud.

Although what's funny is this Vikings announcer probably would have said the same sh*t about Revis, since even when Revis was holding guys like Moss, TO, Andre Johnson, Ocho Cinco to 40 yards(like Sauce and Reed just did with Jefferson), he DID have plays here and there where he was beat.  Apparently that's enough to say "let's pump the brakes".  By that logic, let's pump the brakes on calling Jefferson a stud.  45 yards?  Gee wiz.  

Yeah ... to to be fair .. that is a trap many fans fall into ... If this guys isn't as good as the best ever ..he's trash. Q is a Stud, Sauce might be ... very promising rookie campaign so far.  Let your own eyes judge ..who lives in Minnesota anyway ? 

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah ... to to be fair .. that is a trap many fans fall into ... If this guys isn't as good as the best ever ..he's trash. Q is a Stud, Sauce might be ... very promising rookie campaign so far.  Let your own eyes judge ..who lives in Minnesota anyway ? 

Honestly I was more interested in Mike White stuff and that they pointed out several times that the Jets were a hard hitting team.  Don't really care much about Minnesota, but one of my best friends is from there.  I was hoping to taunt him but alas it was not to be.

• Upvote 2

Ugh, my PTSD is strong in this thread. I had the misfortune of living in Minnesota for 7 years. My ex wife is from there.

Vikings fans are not a smart bunch. They are Homer's, without a doubt. Anyhow, it sucks that we lost, but there is a lot to like from this game going forward.

Why anyone would listen to those announcers with those God awful accents is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, greeniemeanie said:

Ugh, my PTSD is strong in this thread. I had the misfortune of living in Minnesota for 7 years. My ex wife is from there.

Vikings fans are not a smart bunch. They are Homer's, without a doubt. Anyhow, it sucks that we lost, but there is a lot to like from this game going forward.

Why anyone would listen to those announcers with those God awful accents is beyond me.

Personally, I really like Minnesota. My wife is from northern MN (born in Fargo) and we’re related to the Thielens. The winter is rough but the summers are awesome. I’ll take the upper midwest over the tri-state area any day. The people are great. 

Also, hehe, complaining about accents is not something a resident of the northeast should be doing. ?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Larz said:

After a real coach watches the 22 MW is going to get stacked boxes.  Sunday is the test. If he plays well I think it’s his job. Fingers crossed 

I don't really get why real coaches would not have an idea how to deal with Mike White already.  He's played a decent number of snaps over the last two seasons.  I think we have gotten what we expected so far - near perfection against the hapless Bears and their short-handed D and a ton of yards, but some difficulty punching it in against the Vikings.  I think they will struggle against the Bills.  I am worried about the INTs.  I am also wondering if we will be able to run on them again.  We put it on them last time, but that was after the Packers went for over 200 ground yards.  

I would expect a big bounce back against Detroit and Jacksonville.  I hope they don't decide that Wilson has his "mind right" and sit White for those two games.  I think he has earned a stinker with his performance so far and his benching for Miami last year seemed like a "mind right" thing in its own right.  250 and 1/2.  Is that bad?  He gets attempts but that is probably because he isn't a passenger on the team.  He is working the system the way they want and that earns opportunity.

1 hour ago, TommyT said:

Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong. This is a board for discussion. This thread is about what other announcers are saying about the Jets.

If it is bugging you there are 221 other Mile White threads to check out.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Vikings are 10-2 with a net +10 point differential on the season.

They are a mirage.  They can't keep this up.

I caught a bit of the Vikings radio feed on XM during the game.

Vikings announcers were pretty arrogant.  They were absolutely killing Saleh for going for it on 4th down on their own 42 with 2 mins left in the 1st half. 

I loved the boldness by Saleh.  You were already down 2 TDs and you knew the Vikings were gonna get the ball back to start the 2nd half.  You had to do something to try change the momentum and get back in the game.

And in the end, it didn't cost the Jets anything because Zuerlein came back and nailed the 60-yarder.

The Vikings are pretty good but I don't trust Cousins in a big game.  And I think the Jets mostly solved them in the 2nd half.  Our defense was rolling against them other than 1 drive.  That's why I don't buy into the "MiLF was trying to get the Vikings to use TO's".  If we scored, I wasn't worried about our D stopping them.  

3 hours ago, Facts said:

Screw them.

Sauce has been elite..  Yes, he does need to turn his head and can be handsy in these situations but his coverage is elite.  Still a lot of room for improvement.

Can you show these plays?  I genuinely did not see any.  DJ Reed got lucky a couple times.  Sauce seemed to hold up well.  

1. He had good coverage on Jefferson on a post that Whitehead got the PI on.  Great throw and catch..  It happens against the best WR in the game.

2. Somehow, Ulbrich had him playing off man on 2 short 3rd / 4th down plays for easy first downs.  Sauce should be jamming at the line, very odd defensive calls.

3. He might have given up another first down catch.  Ok- it happens.  No CB is perfect.

4. He got called for what some are saying was a bogus defensive holding.  I missed that play.  

4. He had a fairly easy pass breakup on good coverage against Thielen, his lead leading 15th of the year.

5. He was otherwise quiet against the Vikings, which is a great thing for a CB.

4 hours ago, Facts said:

Screw them.

He's been great. He's going to be DROY. He's a rookie playing a premium position 1 on 1. They are going to make mistakes. 

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I had it on satellite radio briefly around the half as I travelled from spot to spot.  They made a few points and generally seemed pretty much stupid homer to me, but I am always interested what the "other side" thinks.

• One guy said that he "watched the all-22" and Mike White "never, not once" looked off the man he was throwing to.
  • Said that Sauce Gardner is a nice pick, but that on the 4th down to Osborn, and a play slightly later, he "had no idea where he was going. So, let's pump the brakes on him being a stud."  
  • They said that the Jets were known as a tough banging team that brings it every down and that they were impressed that the Vikings were standing up to them.  They thought it "bodes well for a big 2nd half." 
  • They said that the Vikings were in need of a statement win and that at the half they weren't sure how the game would turn out, but that the Vikings were well on their way to the kind of big win they have been needing to get people to believe.

The stuff about Gardner seems silly.  I found the stuff about White interesting.  I wonder how true it is.  I doubt that any Vikings broadcasting douche is going to pick apart Mike White at the level of the Zach Wilson truthers or even any Penningtologists that are insulted at the comparisons.  Interested in what is out there.  I will say that his accuracy on the passes out of the backfield can be shockingly good.  Right off the bat. 

I think people don't realize how important stupid things can be.  The block in the back?  People want to blame Berrios?  WTF?  Fant just pushed the guy dead in the back.  You just don't do that.  I think it can be the runner's fault on holds where guys get locked in and One of then a guy switched directions and you suddenly have them yoked, but not that.  That killed a drive.  Last week, the early whistle on Carter's run when he broke free for an additional 5 yards that was called back killed another drive. One of the issues with dinking and dunking is the need for perfection.  You need perfection or to bust free for big plays, like a back breaking one or Wilson's post-catch run.  Likewise the tipped balls being picked, argh.

Don't know what to make of the Sauce comment.  Sounded like sour grapes.  I wonder what they had to say after the game.

I also wonder what they thought of their standing up to the bully comments and the Vikings being a 2nd half team.  Being a hard hitting team does not pay dividends in the 1st quarter.  It also does not endear you to the refs which I think we see.  Come the end of the game?  With all that rotation?  2nd half team or not, those ****ers are worn out and getting smacked down after down. 

Anybody hear what they had to say during the comeback or post-game?

Well, I had the second half opinion of the Vikings feed to listen to in my rental car after watching the first half on my iPad on the plane. 

while I didn’t hear their first half feed, they were singing a different tune on the Vikings feed in the second half. They couldn’t believe the Jets D made them go 3 and out on the Vikings first 4 possessions of the second half and how they were the more physical team. Not sure what happened on that 7 play 70 yd drive the Vikes had  in the second half?  But after that drive they said that should do it…break the Jets back so to say…

anyway they were very complementary of how the NYJ didn’t quit after that and had multiple chances to win the game but just couldn’t punch it in. They were relieved at the result, but felt lucky to have it end that way. 

i actothought they were more reasonable than most home team announcers…but probably that was because of the half we each listened to lol

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes... That seems to be White's biggest problem. One and done.  He misses money regularly.  True the offense is predicated on timing and the first read, but if the QB cant or wont get past the first read, your offense has problems.  

10 hours ago, Facts said:

Screw them.

Guess the concept of closing speed was lost on you and your evaluation.  
I do know you don’t know what PI is if you think he’s gotten away with 20 of them.  Lol

• Upvote 1