Anybody listen to the Vikings feed of this game?

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess the concept of closing speed was lost on you and your evaluation.  
I do know you don’t know what PI is if you think he’s gotten away with 20 of them.  Lol

Have you ever heard of the word “hyperbole”?

But as good as the kid is, he commits a ton of PI’s that haven’t been called. That’ll change eventually. 

Try not to homer so much.

13 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I had it on satellite radio briefly around the half as I travelled from spot to spot.  They made a few points and generally seemed pretty much stupid homer to me, but I am always interested what the "other side" thinks.

• One guy said that he "watched the all-22" and Mike White "never, not once" looked off the man he was throwing to.
  • Said that Sauce Gardner is a nice pick, but that on the 4th down to Osborn, and a play slightly later, he "had no idea where he was going. So, let's pump the brakes on him being a stud."  
  • They said that the Jets were known as a tough banging team that brings it every down and that they were impressed that the Vikings were standing up to them.  They thought it "bodes well for a big 2nd half." 
  • They said that the Vikings were in need of a statement win and that at the half they weren't sure how the game would turn out, but that the Vikings were well on their way to the kind of big win they have been needing to get people to believe.

The stuff about Gardner seems silly.  I found the stuff about White interesting.  I wonder how true it is.  I doubt that any Vikings broadcasting douche is going to pick apart Mike White at the level of the Zach Wilson truthers or even any Penningtologists that are insulted at the comparisons.  Interested in what is out there.  I will say that his accuracy on the passes out of the backfield can be shockingly good.  Right off the bat. 

I think people don't realize how important stupid things can be.  The block in the back?  People want to blame Berrios?  WTF?  Fant just pushed the guy dead in the back.  You just don't do that.  I think it can be the runner's fault on holds where guys get locked in and One of then a guy switched directions and you suddenly have them yoked, but not that.  That killed a drive.  Last week, the early whistle on Carter's run when he broke free for an additional 5 yards that was called back killed another drive. One of the issues with dinking and dunking is the need for perfection.  You need perfection or to bust free for big plays, like a back breaking one or Wilson's post-catch run.  Likewise the tipped balls being picked, argh.

Don't know what to make of the Sauce comment.  Sounded like sour grapes.  I wonder what they had to say after the game.

I also wonder what they thought of their standing up to the bully comments and the Vikings being a 2nd half team.  Being a hard hitting team does not pay dividends in the 1st quarter.  It also does not endear you to the refs which I think we see.  Come the end of the game?  With all that rotation?  2nd half team or not, those ****ers are worn out and getting smacked down after down. 

Anybody hear what they had to say during the comeback or post-game?

Pretty ignorant takes. The Sauce stuff is just nonsense. As for the Jets blitzing all the time, that is not the case. This defense is structured to get a pass rush out of rushing four, rather than blitzing. Not sure where this knowledge of football or the Jets comes from.

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

You have had an account for 17 years and made 274 posts. Yet this thread got you to respond. Impressive, lol.

Hey be nice to us long suffering members with low post counts - we are still here!!!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Facts said:

Screw them.

But between us, Sauce has not played as well as many on this forum have made him out to be. He has been good, but to be honest he has been very lucky too. He got beat a few times yesterday and Cousins didnt throw to the receiver that beat him. And prior to this game he has gotten away with about 20 PI's that werent called.

But overall, for a rookie, what more could you ask for?

If we are being honest - Sticky Sauce would be quite accurate as if he has Stickum on his gloves because when his hands make contact for some reason they get stuck to opponents jerseys - now I will credit him for his hand placement - generally in less than obvious places than the typical holds happen.  However I want to see him translate that skill of ball arrival anticipation mixed with some TURN YOUR DAMN HEAD AROUND so he could get more picks.  Funny thing is I am seeing this a lot more from CB play this year like on that play with Mims and almost every other game or highlight I see on Sundays.

• Upvote 1

I could be wrong, and it may not have even been Sauce.  But on the viking 4th down play that they converted, I want to say it was 4th and 3 and the DB gave the receiver a good 5 to 8 yards cushion at the line which made it an easy pitch and catch first.  I felt like I saw that a lot on third down in the first half.  I've never understood the point of it being 3rd and 2 and a db playing off the line a good distance away.  Fear of getting beat? Maybe, but the more likely option is the QB taking the 4 yard dump and the easy first.

8 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Pretty ignorant takes. The Sauce stuff is just nonsense. As for the Jets blitzing all the time, that is not the case. This defense is structured to get a pass rush out of rushing four, rather than blitzing. Not sure where this knowledge of football or the Jets comes from.

I don't think they said anything about blitzing.  Did I mention blitzing?

10 hours ago, Facts said:

But as good as the kid is, he commits a ton of PI’s that haven’t been called. That’ll change eventually. 

To be fair, Claypool's game is predicated on pushing off.  The refs letting them play was probably a favor to Claypool.  I agree Sauce seems to get away with some, but you can't have it both ways and Wilson in particular seems to get tugged around a bunch.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think they said anything about blitzing.  Did I mention blitzing?

1. My issue was with their take on it, not on you recounting what they said.

2. It sounded as if the bringing it on every play was a reference to the Jets coming heavy with blitzes.

No need to be angry. I wasn't at all questioning you.

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2022 at 2:42 PM, TommyT said:
On 12/5/2022 at 1:38 PM, Maxman said:

Yes you are wrong. This is a board for discussion. This thread is about what other announcers are saying about the Jets.

If it is bugging you there are 221 other Mile White threads to 

Expand  

Hey, just an fyi, if you want to thumbs down a post, you should do it to the original post. The way you quote it here and then down vote it means you’re giving yourself a thumbs down. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

1. My issue was with their take on it, not on you recounting what they said.

2. It sounded as if the bringing it on every play was a reference to the Jets coming heavy with blitzes.

No need to be angry. I wasn't at all questioning you.

1.  I am always angry.

2. No offense to you, but I was not particularly concerned with your feelings about me.  I was a bit worried that my comments mentioned blitzing because the announcers, as homer-y and uninformed on the Jets as they might be, did not claim that the Jets blitzed much.

My conerns were obviously well founded because you took my comments as the Jets coming heavy with blitzes, when I just meant that they hit hard on every down.  Sorry to cause the confusion.  I should have known they could be taken that way since in Madden 98, "Bringin' it" was the all-out blitz that we would use in rage during games-"That's it! I'm bringin' it!"

On 12/5/2022 at 10:49 PM, Facts said:

Now you went back and found two tweets from butt hurt fans?  Those weren’t flagged for PI because theyre not PI.  You can leave a hand on a receiver to feel where he is as long as you don’t move him or alter his route.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Now you went back and found two tweets from butt hurt fans?  Those weren’t flagged for PI because theyre not PI.  You can leave a hand on a receiver to feel where he is as long as you don’t move him or alter his route.  

You want a guy playing up to that line anyway.   It he can not get flagged 90% of the time that situation, that’s a huge win because they also won’t want to throw it his way.  

Going back to the original title, their play by play guy is Paul Allen. While I never heard him call a Vikings game he is the track announcer at Canterbury Park and has a very unique race call ability about him. Personally, from a horse racing perspective, I consider him one of the best around.

Now if he is a homer from a football call perspective - I would expect that as most are - see Greg Buttle.

9 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Sauce is the real deal 

This I agree with.

Its just that homers like Jets Nut can’t admit he gets away with a lot. You can be great and get away with a lot.

Cheaters won 6 Super Bowls while getting away with a lot.

On 12/6/2022 at 6:28 AM, Sir Speez said:

If we are being honest - Sticky Sauce would be quite accurate as if he has Stickum on his gloves because when his hands make contact for some reason they get stuck to opponents jerseys - now I will credit him for his hand placement - generally in less than obvious places than the typical holds happen.  However I want to see him translate that skill of ball arrival anticipation mixed with some TURN YOUR DAMN HEAD AROUND so he could get more picks.  Funny thing is I am seeing this a lot more from CB play this year like on that play with Mims and almost every other game or highlight I see on Sundays.

Yes.

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

This I agree with.

Its just that homers like Jets Nut can’t admit he gets away with a lot. You can be great and get away with a lot.

Cheaters won 6 Super Bowls while getting away with a lot.

He does seem to get away with a bit more than we're used to...

But it's about Freaking time we have a guy that gets the benefit of the doubt.   I can't remember the last guy we had in the "protected class".  I suspect G. Wilson will be there soon and start getting the PI calls.

• Upvote 1