Who Gets The Most Blame For The Loss To The Vikings ???

THE BARON

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gets The Most Blame For The Loss To The Vikings ???

• Mike LeFleur. Multiple Trips To The Red Zone And Could Not Come Up With A Play To Score a TD.
    • Saleh - Going For It On 4th Down And Giving The Vikings A Short Field & Easy 3 Points. That Could Have Been The Difference.
    • Mike White - Although He Had Good Yardage Numbers, He Missed Multiple Open Pass Catchers
    • Berrios - He Had The Wining TD In *BOTH* Hands. He Lost The Game.
    • The Officiating Crew - Multiple Obvious Non-Calls That Could Have Made A Big Difference.

18 hours ago, y2k8 said:

It was a team loss, but I picked Berrios for two big mistakes.

The drop was bad. But his reversing field on the screen inside the 10 in the 3rd Q is the reason for the block in the back penalty that killed any chance at a TD on that first drive of the 2nd half.

This is the third time I read this. His job is to get yards and possibly score. Fant's job is to block someone, not to block them in the back. That penalty is on Fant. He had no business hitting that defensive player in the position he was in.

Berrios dropped the ball in the end zone. It was a catchable ball, a tough one but catchable. 

I just picked the guy I feel like did the worst. I don't think there is a 'most blame' here though. The Vikings were the better team in this game. That's really it. MLF was pretty bad throughout most of the game in the redzone, and he was the only option up there that didn't really improve as the game went on. His failure to call good plays in the redzone added up. Blaming the loss on one or two single plays is foolish though. That's why if I had to pick one I would go with MLF.

• Upvote 2

Two-fold

1) Defense put us in a 20-6 hole. We keep saying their a top 3-5 defense and we're built around it so they can't put us in an early hole. They played much better in the 2nd half. 

2) All those RZ trips but only one 1 TD. Not gonna get it done against a 9-2 team. Lafleur's playcalling was suspect in the RZ, and while Mike White had an awesome 2nd half driving the team playing from behind he had a few missed throws...overthrowing a TD to Garrett notably. Berrios drop in the EZ hurts bad as well...

Not really mad about this loss, it was a learning experience.....

• Upvote 4

On 12/5/2022 at 11:35 AM, THE BARON said:

I say LeFleur.  Multiple trips to the end zone and he cant come up with play calling to score a TD against a questionable defense.  That wasn't the 85 Bears out there. 

I agree

Not sure if this was mentioned but failing on the 4th&2 late in the first half gifting Minn 3 points makes you wonder. Jets potentially only need a FG to win at the end if Saleh punts instead. Really highlights to me that this was just a team loss from top to bottom. Wasn't meant to be. So many what ifs. Garrett misses a TD by inches stepping out of bounds. The Berrios drop. The playcalling. The 4th&2. 

The silver lining out of all of this is despite all of these setbacks they still were in the game until the end. Like Rex used to say. They just need to make it into the tournament and this team can hang with anybody and could easily go on a run.