Sweep the Bills

NYJCAP2

Sauce has already proven he can frustrate Allen.  I'm sure the Bills offense will be better prepared to play our defense, but I also believe our offense with White will have more success against the Bills than we had with Wilson.  No disrespect to Zach, he played well that game, but White adds a new dimension to this offense.  They can be efficient with Zach when all is going well.  When all is going well with White, they can be straight up dangerous.  

But yeah, screw looking to Detroit, Jacksonville, Seattle as the games that get us in.  I want Buffalo.  Jets were a Berrios drop away from telling the rest of the league "we're legit".  I think they can right that wrong next week, if they want it bad enough and if the coaching staff prepares enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I predicted we'd split before the season started. Wouldn't surprise me if you beat us again. Last game it was basically the defense carrying the Jets and Zach just didn't;t have to make mistakes. White is obviously more dangerous and even if our pass rush plays well again without Von, he gets rid of the ball quickly. 

I wonder how much Dorsey will try to run it at the Jets in this one and be more patient. Allen does seem to be regaining his confidence now and isn't wearing the brace anymore but the line has really struggled protecting him. I think that's why Knox hasn't done much this season, they're using him as an extra blocker so much.

It will be a fun build up anyway, not like what we've come to expect over the years When was the last time the Jets and Bills were good at the same time?? If we do lose I just hope LA do us a favor and beat the dolphins

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Comparing roster to roster, the Jets should beat the Bills. but I don't think the match well vs. the Dolphins.  Even with Dennis The Menace out from under center, the Jets will need a few breaks to beat Miami. 

The dolphins are scary b/c of the wrs.  The jets can run on them and their d isn’t that good.  Hopefully it’s a win and in game for us.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The dolphins are scary b/c of the wrs.  The jets can run on them and their d isn’t that good.  Hopefully it’s a win and in game for us.

Their QB has been hot too. It is gonna be a nail biter if the playoffs come down to that game.  Yikes...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

everyone's all sad about losing to Minny but spoiler alert Minny was a better team. Buffalo is a better team than the NYJ too 

I suppose we should call the Vikes the better team because they won.  Given that, we can call the Jets the better team since the last game vs. Beefalo was a win for the Jets.

With White and not Dennis The Menace, on paper, the Jets are better than the Vikes and Beefalo.  I think Miami will be a harder test because they have more weapons on offense than the Jets can cover at one time.  They will have to outscore them.  Given what I just saw from LeFleur in the red zone, I dont know... Ya gotta play the games, I guess,  That being said, the Jets have a lot of talent.  

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

With White and not Dennis The Menace, on paper, the Jets are better than the Vikes and Beefalo.  I think Miami will be a harder test because they have more weapons on offense than the Jets can cover at one time.  

on paper the vikings have better offense, especially with Hall hurt

their line is better than ours, us without AVT, them without Darrisaw is a wash. 

Justin Jefferson is one of the best wide outs in the game. Dalvin Cook is better than just about everyone at RB. TJ Hockinson is better than Tyler Conklin/CJ and Kirk Cousins is about league average something that Jets QB's haven't been in about a decade. 

The Jets have up and coming players like Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Bam Knight i guess but it's green glasses to say the Jets are better than the Vikings. 

we can go position by position with Buffalo and have an even more lopsided result, when Josh Allen is on his game 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s a revenge game for Buffalo coming off extra rest.

I like it.

This team seems to play best when they’re disrespected.

If they couldn't punch it in against a suspect Min defense, they are going to have a bear of a time against Buffalo.  Milano should be back for this game too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Someone here needed to do this. No more counting future wins and doing math.

I’m over Minnesota.

The most important thing is winning  division games. Prior to the “Get right Game” the Bills had against that Patriots they were struggling and looked vulnerable. The Jets need put that idea back in the Bills heads. 

Jets can play with every team in the league, time to start regularly beating good teams.

Solid idea. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

everyone's all sad about losing to Minny but spoiler alert Minny was a better team. Buffalo is a better team than the NYJ too 

the fact they can play with these guys, not embarrass themselves or get blown out is a huge step forward for this franchise

even if everything goes well and they make the playoffs (!) they are still a work in progress. Like how the Bills made the playoffs 4 out of the last 6 years (2017, 2019, 2020, 2021) but still haven't been to the Super Bowl, just making the playoffs is a huge step forward (or even being close to it, considering how bad this team has been in the last decade). 

also "the other side gets paid too" and we as Jets fans are in a bubble about how good KCC, CIN and BUF are... if we can hang with the TEN, NEP, MIA tier that's awesome. they were a 4 win team last season and a 2 win team the season before that. Rome was not built in a day. 

that's how strong programs are built, over years... and years.

the players get playoff experience and they work their way up from "garbage fire" to "live underdog" to "contender" 

the expectations are sky high but 7-5 going into week 14 we'd all sign up for that in the summer 

Must read in my opinion. Well put brother Bit! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

their line is better than ours, us without AVT, them without Darrisaw is a wash. 

Justin Jefferson is one of the best wide outs in the game. Dalvin Cook is better than just about everyone at RB. TJ Hockinson is better than Tyler Conklin/CJ and Kirk Cousins is about league average something that Jets QB's haven't been in about a decade. 

The Jets have up and coming players like Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore, and Bam Knight i guess but it's green glasses to say the Jets are better than the Vikings. 

we can go position by position with Buffalo and have an even more lopsided result, when Josh Allen is on his game 

I dont agree.  I think man for man, the Jets are more talented than the Vikes despite Jefferson.   Especially on defense.  vs the Bills, the Jets have a much more well rounded offensive roster and they have a better defensive backfield.  At this point, I'd also say their defensive line works better as a unit than the Bills line does.  The Jets are a very talented but inexperienced team including the CS.  They are going to be hit and miss for a while, but I would take their roster over the Bills or Vikes sand the QB situation. 

I’ll be surprised if we don’t lose by at least 7.

I think we kind of took Buffalo by surprise in the first matchup. They didn’t expect to have such a fight on their hands.

And Allen was awful. He was throwing balls right to our DB’s.

I don’t see that happening again. I think Buffalo comes out with something to prove and tries to ram it up Saleh’s ass.

Prove me wrong Green.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

If they couldn't punch it in against a suspect Min defense, they are going to have a bear of a time against Buffalo.  Milano should be back for this game too.

I totally forgot the Bills we’re missing starters in that game. Fug.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Now do the defense

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Sauce has already proven he can frustrate Allen.  I'm sure the Bills offense will be better prepared to play our defense, but I also believe our offense with White will have more success against the Bills than we had with Wilson.  No disrespect to Zach, he played well that game, but White adds a new dimension to this offense.  They can be efficient with Zach when all is going well.  When all is going well with White, they can be straight up dangerous.  

But yeah, screw looking to Detroit, Jacksonville, Seattle as the games that get us in.  I want Buffalo.  Jets were a Berrios drop away from telling the rest of the league "we're legit".  I think they can right that wrong next week, if they want it bad enough and if the coaching staff prepares enough.

they need to get huff into the game.  first things first.  they gotta take care of buffalo.  i hope weather doesn't play a factor.

22 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Vikings have a better offense, we have a better defense. The Vikings also play in a much easier division than us this year. 

It's honestly pretty close. I think they would beat us more often than not in Minnesota and we would beat them more often than not in New Jersey. 

I still think Buffalo is the best team in the league when healthy. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Comparing roster to roster, the Jets should beat the Bills. but I don't think the match well vs. the Dolphins.  Even with Dennis The Menace out from under center, the Jets will need a few breaks to beat Miami. 

Dennis the Menace hung 40 on those fins.  

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

And yet the Jets outplayed them.

By a wide margin.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Vikings have a better offense, we have a better defense. The Vikings also play in a much easier division that us this year. 

It's honestly pretty close. I think they would beat us more often than not in Minnesota and we would beat them more often than not in New Jersey. 

I still think Buffalo is the best team in the league when healthy. 

I'd go with Cincy now.  I can see them beating any AFC or NFC team right now.  Barring any key injuries, I think they will win the SB this year.  Unless... They run into the Jets who have a propensity to knock the Bengals out of the playoffs.  :-) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Minn game was MASSIVE. A win would have catapulted the Jets and given them some breathing room. A loss makes every game that much more critical as teams race to maintain their playoff positioning.

The Jets really need to be thinking 'win out' the rest of the way. They can do it. They can beat the Bills in Buffalo, they can beat the Dolphins in Miami, they can beat the Seahawks in Seattle and they can certainly beat the Lions and Jags at home. 

Will they win out? I highly doubt it. But neither will other teams who they will be competing for a playoff spot with (some play each other).   

• Upvote 1