White to Start against Buf

kevinc855

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think Fitzpatrick is a good comp for White’s arm. Fitz could put the mustard on it when he had his feet under him, but when he had to move and throw he’d get himself in trouble. I love Mike White, but if you’re checking off a list of things you’d want to see in your franchise quarterback, you’re not ticking off “arm strength.” It’s something he needs to improve on for sure. He’s listed at 215 lbs, I think. He doesn’t run anyway, so he should look to add another twenty pounds in his lower half to get some zip on the ball. 

No. 

White has a better arm. Generally more accurate, too.

I said it the other day, Tannehill without the mobility.

This game seems like the perfect game to not only evaluate MW but more importantly MLF.  1st game was Zach using MLF game plan and now we have White doing it.  All else seems equal, maybe slight advantage MW because he has Bam and Zach lost Breece but MW has to play in Buffalo where Zach had home game. 

If MLF was complaining about needing a QB to properly execute his offense, then if he is right, we should win easy in this game right?

29 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

This game seems like the perfect game to not only evaluate MW but more importantly MLF.  1st game was Zach using MLF game plan and now we have White doing it.  All else seems equal, maybe slight advantage MW because he has Bam and Zach lost Breece but MW has to play in Buffalo where Zach had home game. 

If MLF was complaining about needing a QB to properly execute his offense, then if he is right, we should win easy in this game right?

Not really. Whilst they lose Miller to injury, they should have Poyer, Milano and White back. Their D will look a lot better on Sunday. 

Which supports your first line about this being a true test of Lefleur to improvise and adapt, which isn't his strongest suit. 

16 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Not really. Whilst they lose Miller to injury, they should have Poyer, Milano and White back. Their D will look a lot better on Sunday. 

Which supports your first line about this being a true test of Lefleur to improvise and adapt, which isn't his strongest suit. 

Jets lost Breece Hall, Corey Davis, and AVT in Denver so it was Robinson, Mims, and Ogbuehi against Buffalo 1

this game BAM > Robinson, Davis > Mims, and Fant > Ogbuehi

Those are significant upgrades over game 1 for offense so I think it is wash for Buffalo upgrades.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Jets lost Breece Hall, Corey Davis, and AVT in Denver so it was Robinson, Mims, and Ogbuehi against Buffalo 1

Those are significant upgrades over game 1 for offense so I think it is wash for Buffalo upgrades.

Good points. I forgot we were without Davis, and Fant is indeed an upgrade over Ogbuehi. 

Just feel like Poyer and Milano are the heartbeat of that Buffalo D. I'll be surprised if we can run all over them again, even with Fant back. Milano didn't practice yesterday. Hopefully he's banged up. 

6 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

MW has a tougher matchup than Zach did. Some key players were out for Buffalo's defense last go around. They may have lost Von Miller but they've gotten back White, Milano, Elam, etc. 

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

MW has a tougher matchup than Zach did. Some key players were out for Buffalo's defense last go around. They may have lost Von Miller but they've gotten back White, Milano, Elam, etc. 

read on as i addressed that in a subsequent post.

getting similar comparison like this happens as often as haley's comet.  Same OC, Same Offense, playing same defense, using 2 diff QB, only weeks apart.  This is about as best you will ever get to do this kind of comparison.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Batman.jpg.55d2787666b2a0b14b9f46acebced829.jpg

lol

Thanks for sharing!  This was back when I Treasurer for a local charity that supports Children w/ Terminal Illnesses called Dreams Comes True.  Very similar to Make A Wish Foundation.  Thank for brining awareness to a phenomenal organization.  This is our annual Trunk or Treat event. Kids loved the truck and clearly I looked amazing, like usual. 

4 hours ago, football guy said:

I think the Jets OL and weapons are better now though.  OL is healthier and Corey Davis is back. Bam also seems to be pretty big upgrade too.

Either way, with Mike White being such a big upgrade over the worst QB in football - at the most important position on the field.  

Jets should comfortably win this game.

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

Thanks for sharing!  This was back when I Treasurer for a local charity that supports Children w/ Terminal Illnesses called Dreams Comes True.  Very similar to Make A Wish Foundation.  Thank for brining awareness to a phenomenal organization.  This is our annual Trunk or Treat event. Kids loved the truck and clearly I looked amazing, like usual. 

I have that shirt.

Ironically, this is after a clothing drive my office did.

Rob.jpg

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JiFields said:

That's a good gesture by you 

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the Jets OL and weapons are better now though.  OL is healthier and Corey Davis is back. Bam also seems to be pretty big upgrade too.

Either way, with Mike White being such a big upgrade over the worst QB in football - at the most important position on the field.  

Dude, you need some fresh air, you're approaching levels of troll this board has never seen. There is a guy threatening anyone who challenges him to a fist fight rolling around this board and yet, you're by far the most unbearable with your utter stupidity and nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

i love how some of you think that the Jets should win this game in Buffalo because of changes at QB, RB OL and such. but does anyone account for it being a road game in a tough place to win.? even Vegas gives 3 points to the home team. 

It's one dude, trolling the board sounding like a total nincompoop .  It's quite clear what he's doing and the stage he's setting for himself.  Embarrassing really.  So strange how people care more about a certain player and being right on interwebz than they do the success of the NY Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Dude, you need some fresh air, you're approaching levels of troll this board has never seen. There is a guy threatening anyone who challenges him to a fist fight rolling around this board and yet, you're by far the most unbearable with your utter stupidity and nonsense. 

Someone needs to explain to me why if superior QB play doesn't translate to the win column - then what's the point?

I think most will acknowledge it's the most important single position in all of sports, we had the worst QB play in the league and now we have a massive upgrade at the position.

Why is that trolling? Why is that wrong?

Maybe you can enlighten me on why I'm wrong?

46 minutes ago, JiFields said:

ah and then there are the mean girls contingent like yourself doing your own bit of trolling in every thread.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47jrirpraf40aij1vd2l

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Someone needs to explain to me why if superior QB play doesn't translate to the win column - then what's the point?

I think most will acknowledge it's the most important single position in all of sports, we had the worst QB play in the league and now we have a massive upgrade at the position.

Why is that trolling? Why is that wrong?

Maybe you can enlighten me on why I'm wrong?

You're not fooling me with your troll bait nonsense and I'm done responding to it.  You deserve Zach Wilson. 

13 minutes ago, JiFields said:

You're not fooling me with your troll bait nonsense and I'm done responding to it.  You deserve Zach Wilson. 

Okay, honestly.  Explain to me where I'm trolling?

I'll try one last time - and then we can leave it alone if we can't come to an understanding.  We can pick up on another topic if we can't get anywhere here...

Tell me where I'm off...

• Mike White is superior to Zach Wilson - Yes or No (My vote is Yes)
  • The Jets are a very talented team - Yes or No (My vote is Yes)
  • The Jets were 5-2 with Zach Wilson (Fact)
  • The Jets would have won both NE Games with Mike White - Yes or No (my vote is Yes)
  • So, with Mike White the Jets would be 9-3 right now - Yes or No (My vote is Yes)

That's the way I see it...With that understanding I see a team that can win the division but more likely get a wildcard and have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs.

I'll ask again, why is that trolling?  

Surely things can go wrong and it won't necessarily be the QB's fault.  No doubt about that.  I'm not putting it all on Mike White.  Heck I think this team is good enough to have made a playoff run even if the far lesser QB, Zach Wilson were playing.  Mike White is better, why should I expect less?

Maybe I'm too positive a fan? and you guys are taking it for trolling.  

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Okay, honestly.  Explain to me where I'm trolling?

I'll try one last time - and then we can leave it alone if we can't come to an understanding.  We can pick up on another topic if we can't get anywhere here...

Tell me where I'm off...

• Mike White is superior to Zach Wilson - Yes or No (My vote is Yes)
  • The Jets are a very talented team - Yes or No (My vote is Yes)
  • The Jets were 5-2 with Zach Wilson (Fact)
  • The Jets would have won both NE Games with Mike White - Yes or No (my vote is Yes)
  • So, with Mike White the Jets would be 9-3 right now - Yes or No (My vote is Yes)

That's the way I see it...With that understanding I see a team that can win the division but more likely get a wildcard and have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs.

I'll ask again, why is that trolling?  

Surely things can go wrong and it won't necessarily be the QB's fault.  No doubt about that.  I'm not putting it all on Mike White.  Heck I think this team is good enough to have made a playoff run even if the far lesser QB, Zach Wilson were playing.  Mike White is better, why should I expect less?

Maybe I'm too positive a fan? and you guys are taking it for trolling.  

Ok fine, I'll answer this one last time because I'm a nice guy but I know what you're doing, dont even think for a second I dont, it's insulting and I'm done w/ you and the QB position after this post.

I responded to you saying "the Jets should win comfortably".  In what world does a 10 point dog, win "comfortably"?  The particular word of choice is strategic troll bait disgustingness because it not only allows you to take a victory lap w/ your anti-Mike White agenda if the Jets lose, but it will also apply if they win a close game.  Reminder, the first game was 3 points and the Bills had the ball w/ a chance to tie/win at the end of the game.  It was far from comfortable and yet you expect it to be comfortable in a second meeting in Buffalo in Dec. w/ the not just the playoffs on the line but potentially the division? 

Now, we're done.  Carry on w/ your trolly troll face takes w/ other posters.  I see through it.  You deserve Zach Wilson.  I love you.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, football guy said:

Much tougher, and in Buffalo. Yet people will compare anyways...

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

All of last year he went on and on about how Corey Davis is a replacement level WR and that the GM didn't do anything to help Zach. This year, when Zach struggled, there were multiple posts about how he really missed CD and wasn't playing with a full compliment of players. Now, he has elevated Corey Davis to the point where he will is the main reason the Jets should comfortably win this game in which they're 10 point dogs.

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:05 AM, SickJetFan said:

I think people wildly underrate what Ogbuehi did for this team.  I absolutely want him back next season and I am hoping that he comes back this year.  Not sure if Fant is still recovering or rusty, but I think the run game in particular was much more Fant < Ogbuehi.

18 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Wait did we get AVT and Breece Hall back??? LOL. CD and the undrafted Bam Knight are going to manhandle Matt Milano and the Bills at home. You're actually covering yourself both way, If they win you can say you "called it", and if they lose at home to a super bowl contender you can troll and pretend nuance doesn't exist.

I actually enjoy your posts, but your melting down over Zach is a little sad. I hope he can turn it around and be a star, that would be better for the Jets long term. I also hope Mike White is a star, also better for us. Who cares who's the one that brings us wins, if we win?

On 12/7/2022 at 4:40 PM, Integrity28 said:

No. 

White has a better arm. Generally more accurate, too.

I said it the other day, Tannehill without the mobility.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:24 PM, T0mShane said:

I’ve seen Tannehill play maybe twice so I can’t speak to it.

I saw someone say Jared Goff, I like that comparison.  I think he's a better passer than Tannehill. 

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think people wildly underrate what Ogbuehi did for this team.  I absolutely want him back next season and I am hoping that he comes back this year.  Not sure if Fant is still recovering or rusty, but I think the run game in particular was much more Fant < Ogbuehi.

Beg to differ