White to Start against Buf

kevinc855

53 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

until the playoffs.  teams with the great qb's will advance.  KC, Bengals, Bills, etc... game managers can only take you so far. 

The Jets have the longest play off drought in the NFL and you're worried about the Super Bowl? Talk about putting the cart before the horse

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I don't understand this.  Wilson had his best game ever against the Bills this year when he threw for 150 yds, 1 td and most importantly no turnovers. Remember he led them on that final drive like a franchise QB. 8 straight runs and then a pass that I could've made to Mims. I can't believe they're denying him this opportunity. 

But for real, who gives a **** about Zach Wilson anymore. I'm not sure if White is the long term answer but he's the short term answer and even if he throws 4 picks again he is still the best option at this point. 

It was the threat of Wilson's arm that allowed the Jets to run the ball so effectively.  

Teams are stacking the box vs Flacco and White daring the team to pass.

Wilson makes them defend the whole field and the run game dominates. 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It was the threat of Wilson's arm that allowed the Jets to run the ball so effectively.  

Hahaha, this has to be a joke.  The Patriots have dominated Wilson bc they stack the box and dare him to throw the ball. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

No way.  WJ was the one that was called in to break the deadlock on sitting Wilson.  JD wanted to go with him until the end and Saleh wanted to sit him in order to prevent a riot and save the season.

Where did I get this ???

1.  Since Wilson was JD's draft pick. he is the only one with any motive to stick with him

2. Saleh was dealing with a locker room in near revolt. JD didn't have the catbird seat.

3. Their presser was two hours late because they were wanting for Johnson to get there.

4. No way would that meeting have ended without Johnson getting the final word.

Hence... JD vs. Saleh and Johnson.  Mob rules. Zach sits. 

There was definitely a deadlock, which is concerning. I think it had more to do with the CS wanting to sit Wilson not Woody. Begrudgingly Woody caved but put a limit on the time he sits. Don’t you find it funny how Saleh is not naming White the starter and downplays his performance.

Think about it, if you were the coaching staff and you see what’s going on in the locker room and you see Wilson is struggling mentally as well as on the field and  players are coming into your office expressing their concerns etc. It’s factual because look at the response from the team when White was the starter. 

My opinion Woody  let the CS start MW because things got heated and possibly some were to the point of resigning. Saleh asked the press not to push on the reason the meeting went late as it was a personal matter and said let’s just leave it at that. Wilson is the cancer.

58 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

This! If Streveler is showing in practices that he is worth a look, I'd like him to displace Wilson as the 3, then Flacco as the 2, so by season's end he can not only be a RP option, but maybe the viable 2 next year after Flacco goes to pasture, and Wilson either gets his s*&t together in a big way, or is traded for picks.  

Streveler would be a great start in the Miami game, look what Justin Fields did to them.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The jets rushed for 158 yards last week and 120 this week. The difference in the Jets running game under Wilson vs Flacco and White was Breece Hall becoming the #1 back post-Flacco and getting hurt against Denver. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The jets rushed for 158 yards last week and 120 this week. The difference in the Jets running game under Wilson vs Flacco and White was Breece Hall becoming the #1 back post-Flacco and getting hurt against Denver. 

Hall masked Wilson’s problems to an extent.  But they’re running now b/c the qb is killing teams in the air. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I don't understand this.  Wilson had his best game ever against the Bills this year when he threw for 150 yds, 1 td and most importantly no turnovers. Remember he led them on that final drive like a franchise QB. 8 straight runs and then a pass that I could've made to Mims. I can't believe they're denying him this opportunity. 

But for real, who gives a **** about Zach Wilson anymore. I'm not sure if White is the long term answer but he's the short term answer and even if he throws 4 picks again he is still the best option at this point. 

Agree!  Except that was a pretty good slant to Mims if I remember correctly ;).  Plus it allowed us to run the clock.  Just giving him some credit.  LOL.

I would love to see you in for a snap or 2.  Hey - leave no stone unturned until we find our guy.

On a side note, just played automatic QB with the kids on the block.  I’m concerned I might have the YIPs — missed my son on a WIDE OPEN post by short arming it.

Anyone have the number to Zach’s therapist?

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Does anyone expect JD to do that at this point?  Just re-sign White and call it good and done?

I think the difference is you've seemingly limited the population of "special" to basically two guys and a retired guy.  

No Brady, Mahommes or Manning the Elder, and we're hosed, so keep looking?

I would offer that the population of "special", i.e. capable of winning a Super Bowl" is quite a bit larger.

That is a fundamentally ineffective way to operate a franchise.

As much as the Min/Max'ers may want the Jets to go 0-16 (for the Draft!) till we find the next Brady at #1/#1, that's just not how sports teams operate.

I'm certainly supportive of drafting more QB's, but we should be mindful not to take these issues to an extreme.

I would argue that Peyton Manning is proof that you can win the Super Bowl with a chicken armed "game manager."  Yes, he was one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time.  Still, does anybody remember his Penningtonesque play down the stretch and through the playoffs in 2015?  He is not proof that you need to be Mahomes or Allen to win the Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

While I'm happy about this, I'm also not going to give Saleh or JD any credit for pointing out that water is wet. Even in the loss yesterday, White played a better game than any of Wilson's 20 starts. It's not rocket surgery. Zach should be inactive for the rest of the season. 

So, you're saying White is better but you don't want to give Saleh any credit for sticking with him, even though the #2 overall QB and more expensive option is sitting?  That doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson was 1-2 after Hall and AVT went out.  White doesnt have the same run game support that Wilson did during his win streak.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

White has limitations.  He is an excellent back-up., but he is not a bona fied starting QB.  He is starting for the Jets because Wilson is horrible and Flacco is ready to be put out to pasture.

Next season, White won't be in the plan as the starter unless things go very wrong. 

Specifically what limitations does he have compared to 90% of current starters?  I keep hearing about these so called "limitations" but never anything specific.

Can he make all the NFL throws?  Yes.  He proved that Sunday.  Can he process what he is seeing both pre and post snap? Yes.  Can he play within the offense?  Yes.  Can he get the ball out on time?  Yes.  Does he have a quick release?  Yes.  Does he have a strong arm?  Yes.  Can he stand tall in the pocket and take a hit while completing the pass?  Yes.  Is he tough?  Yes.  Does the team play hard for him?  Yes.

So what EXACTLY are these mysterious limitations?

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It sounds like Zach is just mentally shot at the moment. John Beck came to the facility last week to do some triage and his takeaways were oddly morose, imo:

"This is something that’s going to be a tough one for him, to go out on the field and not be the guy, but I think a lot of growth can happen," Beck told ESPN.

[…]With Zach, there’s an opportunity for growth to come in a bunch of different areas in his game," Beck said. "I think he can grow mentally from this, he can grow physically from this and I think he can grow in terms of his perspective. Ultimately, I think that’s one of the biggest things that can come from this -- a paradigm shift in the way he’s seeing things, the way he’s handling certain things."

For now, Wilson toils in the Jets' version of QB rehab, hoping to regain his job. "Sometimes," Beck said, "a breakthrough can only happen after a breakdown."

My bet is Saleh has introduced Zach to the Big Four whether he thinks Zach salvageable or not….being so into that teachings and all.

I also suspect the youngster said something’s he now regrets because he thought he was irreplaceable and it was seriously misguided.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

I am a big believer in Mike White, and do not think Zach has any future on this team or in the league.  BUT, I would like for him to work his way up the depth chart back to #2 for the remainder of the season.  Heaven forbid a Mike White injury, but in that scenario I would prefer Zach's athleticism and shot at redemption to the corpse of Joe Flacco

this must mean that Zach isnt nowhere near ready. right now the corpse of Joe Flacco is better. 

Saleh “this year is all about Zach, I never considered benching him “

”the plan is for Zach to play again this year”

”Moore left practice for personal reasons “

this guy is so full of sh*t. I don’t believe anything he says lol. 

hey everyone that thinks white is a franchisee QB, Vegas doesn’t. Make Vegas pay !  Line is jets +9.5