Vincent Testaverde Jr Signs With Albany Empire Of The Arena Football League

Albany, NY: The Albany Empire announced today that the team has signed Quarterback, Vincent Testaverde Jr. for the 2023 National Arena League season.  Testaverde Jr, a native to Odessa, Florida is no stranger to the Capital Region as he played collegiately at the University of Albany from 2017-2018.  Testaverde started eight games for the Great Danes in 2018 throwing for 1,714 total yards and 11 touchdowns.

After his college career, Testaverde Jr spent some time in training camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the NFL as well as the BC Lions of the CFL. Before landing most recently with the Arizona Rattlers of the IFL.

Vincent is the son of 21-year NFL Veteran and former No.1 overall NFL draft pick Vinny Testaverde Sr.

When asking Head Coach Tom Menas on the signing of Testaverde Jr. he said, “It's a rare opportunity for a Coach to land such a high-quality Quarterback like Vinnie in December. His athletic ability and strong arm make him an immediate threat to other teams in the NAL.”  Menas went on to say “It's a welcome home of sorts with him finishing his college career at the University of Albany. Not to mention his football pedigree, with Dad, former Heisman Trophy winner and 21-year career in the NFL. In our conversations, he has been drawn to our culture and is anxious to embrace the Albany Way!”

The Empire kickoff their 2023 home schedule, on Sunday April 16th at 2:30pm at MVP Arena.  For tickets to the Home Opener go to  Home Opener Tickets or for more information on group tickets go to Group Tickets

4 hours ago, Blackout said:

Where are you now?  Make a road trip 

Utica area.  It's possible, arena football in the knick would be crazy.  If my kids gave a crap about sports it would be an easier sell as they still live in that area, but they would not care and I'd rather hang out with them doing something fun for all of us.

8 hours ago, Origen said:

Utica area.  It's possible, arena football in the knick would be crazy.  If my kids gave a crap about sports it would be an easier sell as they still live in that area, but they would not care and I'd rather hang out with them doing something fun for all of us.

If you go back that way make sure to stop at Dinosaur BBQ in Troy for lunch...unless they have one out in Utica.  

"If you are somewhat worthy of note, please do not name your kid after you." 

Thanks

The Folks at Google

14 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Bring him in.

No stone unturned. 

Outside of Joe Namath, Vinny Testaberde was without a doubt in my mind the best Quarterback the Jets ever had.  Ken O'Brien and Chad Pennington follow Vinny for that honor.