Rex Ryan and why he is Pumped Even Tough The Jets Lost!

11 minutes ago, slats said:

The idea that he inherited this great roster just isn’t true. That roster suffered losses to bring in Favre, then lost Favre only to be replaced by Sanchez. He brought in his guys to run his defense and had them #1 a year after Mandope had them at #18 & 19 the previous two years. It was a top heavy, short on depth team that he helped shape and do more than every coach not named Weeb ever managed in the team’s history. He gets crap because he was a character, but he knew his x’s & o’s. 

As evidenced by his well below 500 record as both Jets coach and Bills coach.  Bills were better before he got there and after he left.  He had ONE good season of 11-5 with us. In 8 years as HC he had one season of double digit wins. ONE.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I havent posted much since they blew this game becuase I have been appalled at how sooooo many people are cheering on this moral victory as if they did something good. They COMPLETELY blew that game. They choked it away, just like the 2 Pat's losses. 

To see so many people encouraged by such a pitiful display of "try hard" disgusts me. I'm over trying hard and still losing. I am tired of EXPECTING to lose the tough games against solid teams and being right at the end of the game. 

I dont care who dropped the ball, who missed the block, who over threw the pass or who called the wrong/bad play. I'm sick of all the god damn losing and WAY past all the damn excuses. It actually disgusts me that so many talking heads are all on TV patting the JETS on the back like:

"Awww, you did the best you could. we didnt expect much in the first place this year. good try"

Encouraged by the team not being as pitiful as the last few years? Yes

Encouraged by a loss? Hell no. 

So then quit bitching about it online and get in the weight room and watch film. That's the only way the Jets are going to win games! 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We had a good team., think youre confused with the years, maybe it's me. I believe the year we lost to Indy, Indy lost the SB to NO.

We gave up 24 unanswered points to Indy after having the lead. The REX apologists blame Revis getting hurt as well.

You're thinking 2010 when we lost to PITT in AFC game. 

Maybe im mistaken?

Yes it was NO. We had an 11 point lead at halftime. They had no answer for Greene. He gets hurt. We can't run. Strickland gets hurt. That Pierre dude has like 100 yards receiving in the second half. I stand by my belief if we had those two in the second half, we win, and beat up on NO, in the Super Bowl 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So then quit bitching about it online and get in the weight room and watch film. That's the only way the Jets are going to win games! 

IF it was that simple my friend we would have won another ring over the last 50 years. If it was true that it would make a bit of difference I am more than willing to join you. 

1 hour ago, genot said:

Yes it was NO. We had an 11 point lead at halftime. They had no answer for Greene. He gets hurt. We can't run. Strickland gets hurt. That Pierre dude has like 100 yards receiving in the second half. I stand by my belief if we had those two in the second half, we win, and beat up on NO, in the Super Bowl 

Maybe.... BUT, to your point, I think Revis got hurt as well. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

They would need another two guys to lift Rex's casket. 

Ummmmmmm no way ...

Zach may come or may not but right now he certainly be NO WAY NEAR THE FIELD IMO!

And I do believe that Rex Ryan would agree with that...... At least I hope that he would.... :) 

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

As evidenced by his well below 500 record as both Jets coach and Bills coach.  Bills were better before he got there and after he left.  He had ONE good season of 11-5 with us. In 8 years as HC he had one season of double digit wins. ONE.

In fairness the Bills were 8-8 before him and 7-8 with him.  Could have been the same.  McDermott was barely better at 9-7

His .480 winning %  isn’t really well below .500.  But you’re right in that he never was consistently good.  He was mediocre as .480 really is

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I basically agree with all of this. The only thing I might add is that the 2009 team was better than their 9-7 record everywhere except for QB. That team was held back by a guy who threw 20 interceptions with the most rushing attempts and number 1 running game in the league (hard to do). They lost a game in which they ran for 300 yards because Sanchez threw 5 picks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I basically agree with all of this. The only thing I might add is that the 2009 team was better than their 9-7 record everywhere except for QB. That team was held back by a guy who threw 20 interceptions with the most rushing attempts and number 1 running game in the league (hard to do). They lost a game in which they ran for 300 yards because Sanchez threw 5 picks. 

Rex would’ve won a Super Bowl or two if he could’ve convinced Favre to stay. Maybe he peter principled his way into a head coaching gig, but he understood defense and motivation. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

In fairness the Bills were 8-8 before him and 7-8 with him.  Could have been the same.  McDermott was barely better at 9-7

His .480 winning %  isn’t really well below .500.  But you’re right in that he never was consistently good.  He was mediocre as .480 really is

No argument but when people anoint him as some genius...  the facts don't support it.  Bills defense got worse was my point, wasn't clear.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed BUT Mark won road playoffs against Cincy and SD.  He may have been the best player on the Jets during the playoff run. 

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He may have been the best player on the Jets during the playoff run. 

Yea . . . that's a huge stretch.

In 2009 - He did very little in the San Diego game and got shut out in the second half of the Colts game. 

in 2010 - He did very little in the Colts game (actually played pretty badly in the first half and was carried by a dominant running game in the second half) and had a rough first half (along with the rest of the team) in Pittsburgh. 

Revis and Mangold were always our two best players during those years.