Titans fire GM Jon Robinson despite winning ways

5 minutes ago, Facts said:

Winning franchises make hard decisions.

Robinson put some serious talent on that team, but it wasn’t enough.

I hope Woody noticed this.

I think trading AJ Brown and using the pick plus the cap to acquire Treylon Burks and Robert Woods, who have combined for FAR less production than Brown has in PHI, was a bad look.  Not enough to fire him for IMO, but in a year when other teams were PAYING WRs, TEN bailed and it may cost them come playoff time. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I think trading AJ Brown and using the pick plus the cap to acquire Treylon Burks and Robert Woods, who have combined for FAR less production than Brown has in PHI, was a bad look.  Not enough to fire him for IMO, but in a year when other teams were PAYING WRs, TEN bailed and it may cost them come playoff time. 

Agreed.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:56 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Funny timing after AJ Brown just destroyed them and publicly lambasted the team/GM. 

Either way,  this team was never a real contender with Tannehil as QB. Too reliant on Henry. He gets shut down in the playoffs and the offense flops.

The Tannehill contract and Malik Wilson looking meh probably got him fired.  This is years after Mariota busting. The guy has a jet-like ability to evaluate qbs

Derrick Henry is why he’s had success.  Basically that’s it

• Upvote 1