We’ll Learn a lot Sunday about White & Knight

8 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Can he also show he can beat an aggressive press man blitzing defense, one of the top overall units in the NFL.

Bills D is actually quite the opposite. They're more similar to our defense than an aggressive blitzing team. They have one of the lowest blitz rates in the league and didn't really send much heat at Zach during the 1st showdown.....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

Bills D is actually quite the opposite. They're more similar to our defense than an aggressive blitzing team. They have one of the lowest blitz rates in the league and didn't really send much heat at Zach during the 1st showdown.....

Hmmm- I must be losing it today.  Am I thinking Dolphins?

Didnt they blitz White heavily last year and play man?

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I don’t know if you can judge a player based on how they do just on the road against 2 of the best teams.  Need a larger sample.  

I keep reading ‘wait for the better defenses’.  Won’t get more difficult than divisional Buffalo on the road with the ghosts of last season’s implosion (4 Int game) a not too distant memory.

I’m not saying we’ll learn everything but this is the type of game GMs will pay very close attention to when evaluating a QB.  More heavily weighted than Chicago and Minnesota.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Von Miller going out is huge, the Bills really do not do a good job creating a pass rush.  I think Mike White will see a pretty clean pocket for most of the day and the Bills have let up the 4th most passing yards in the NFL and have given up the 3rd most passing TD's. 

The Bills dont exactly shut the rush down either, they give up 4.2 yards per, so we should be able to run a balanced attack.  Similarly to the Vikings though, they play a bend dont break style and are extremely opportunistic.  So points will be at a premium.

As our D has shown, they can slow anyone down, so not worried there at all.  Just hate the circumstances for the Jets.  The Bills havent lost in Dec at home in a minute.

Tre'Davious White is back. That should help the Bills with the Pass D woes. 

• Upvote 3

Breece, Bam and Carter potentially look like the longterm 3-headed monster at RB for the Jets.  Young, talented, perfect for this system.  I'd be very happy if we roll in 2023 with those three guys.  Ty Johnson has been decent but he should be losing the RB3 spot (through no fault of his own) simply because we now have better guys.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Von Miller going out is huge, the Bills really do not do a good job creating a pass rush.  I think Mike White will see a pretty clean pocket for most of the day and the Bills have let up the 4th most passing yards in the NFL and have given up the 3rd most passing TD's. 

The Bills dont exactly shut the rush down either, they give up 4.2 yards per, so we should be able to run a balanced attack.  Similarly to the Vikings though, they play a bend dont break style and are extremely opportunistic.  So points will be at a premium.

As our D has shown, they can slow anyone down, so not worried there at all.  Just hate the circumstances for the Jets.  The Bills havent lost in Dec at home in a minute.

We already knew Miller wasn't playing (he was on IR), but I think the major key for me is how well we can run the ball on them. We don't need to be dominant on the ground, but we need some balance. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think we already learned about Mike White.  Hes a good football player.  Same goes for Bam.

I do not think any big revelations will come about this Sunday.  We know who these guys are.

Another 4 INT game from Mike White would, in fact, be a revelation.

Not predicting that, but pointing out the facts of it.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think we already learned about Mike White.  Hes a good football player.  Same goes for Bam.

I do not think any big revelations will come about this Sunday.  We know who these guys are.

Mike White has shown he’s an NFL QB.  

That’s not nothing… but still no idea if he’s a high end QB2, placeholder starter, or FQB. 

• Upvote 4

LaFleur needs to have the offense coached up on BUF tendency to blitz.  On run plays
they like to bring their secondary on pass plays they like to bring their LBs.  White
was destroyed last year by the blitz, no excuse for not being prepared in this crucial
game

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, KRL said:

LaFleur needs to have the offense coached up on BUF tendency to blitz.  On run plays
they like to bring their secondary on pass plays they like to bring their LBs.  White
was destroyed last year by the blitz, no excuse for not being prepared in this crucial
game

The good thing is that i think White seems more ready for the blitz this year.  That's what another year in the system should prepare a QB for.  

LaFleur needs to figure out a way to gain some yards on 1st down. The offense is constantly 2nd and 8 or 9, which turns into 3rd and 6+. That's why the 3rd down conversion numbers are so bad this year. 1st down has been an issue all year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Mike White has shown he’s an NFL QB.  

That’s not nothing… but still no idea if he’s a high end QB2, placeholder starter, or FQB. 

Thank you Hal.  Again, this is the type of game Joe Douglas will weigh more than the Bears and Minnesota.  Pressure is on, what is White made of?

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Hmmm- I must be losing it today.  Am I thinking Dolphins?

Didnt they blitz White heavily last year and play man?

I don't quite remember.....I know that Sean McDermott/Leslie Frasier's defenses historically have been similar to ours.....rush 4, zone coverages, rarely blitzing.......and that's how they played us last game....its why Zach was semi effective, minus Von Miller's pressures he had a clean pocket for the most part.......

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I don't quite remember.....I know that Sean McDermott/Leslie Frasier's defenses historically have been similar to ours.....rush 4, zone coverages, rarely blitzing.......and that's how they played us last game....its why Zach was semi effective, minus Von Miller's pressures he had a clean pocket for the most part.......

I think you are right.  Let’s hope White has a good pocket and the Jets can win their 1v1s and scheme players open 

• Upvote 1

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I think you are right.  Let’s hope White has a good pocket and the Jets can win their 1v1s and scheme players open 

We shockingly match up well with them this year.....We can run on them, They don't send a lot of pressure and without Von will have trouble rushing 4, and we don't blitz Allen which he shreds to pieces.....

But they are further along than us, playing at home, and might have an extra gear we don't have....gonna be hard to punch them in the mouth twice 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

We shockingly match up well with them this year.....We can run on them, They don't send a lot of pressure and without Von will have trouble rushing 4, and we don't blitz Allen which he shreds to pieces.....

But they are further along than us, playing at home, and might have an extra gear we don't have....gonna be hard to punch them in the mouth twice 

Didn't they just have their highest QB-pressure rate, without blitzing, following the loss of Von Miller? 

if you take away ZK's 48 yard run, he ran for 3 yards a carry and did nothing while the jets went down 20-3 in the first half.

not saying its completely fair to take away the big play, or that he is a bad player, or even that you cant blame it on MLF

but what i am saying is that watching that game, the jets mostly weren't able to run the ball effectively on running downs, or when they needed to...so i am not treating him like he's proven to be something until he does.

• Upvote 1

It's an under the radar loss, but I think Cedric Ogbuehi being out is really going to hurt.  I didn't get to watch him much directly, but the running game seemed to be coming around with him in there and Fant seems a bit more of a "finesse" guy.  Anybody know if he is coming back or done for the season?  It didn't seem a big deal with Fant and Mitchell coming back, but one injury away from Mike Remmers at tackle it seems a bit more concerning.