Max Mitchell OUT For year "N.F.I."

SoFlaJets

46 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Calm down.  My point is not that I expected Max Mitchell to be all world.  I agree he exceeded expectations as a 4th round rookie.  But, just because he exceeded expectations does not mean I want him starting for us.  Ideally he is a depth swing tackle next year and not our starting RT.

Don’t tell me what to do; My response was calm, if even a bit brusque for a Questrom/SMG Grad. Lol

It just that you’re post is absurd because you’re complaining about a situation that is extraneous since he wasn’t expected to see the field this year. It was supposed to be a redshirt year for him to BULK UP and acclimate to the pro game. If anything, his exceptional athleticism (why he was drafted) actually demonstrated that he could hold up - even as an underweight no experience rookie - despite the obvious lack of strength. 

Anyone complaining about Mitchell’s performance without considering the pedigree and dire straits of OT depth that forced him to play this year is just full of mulark and hasn’t been paying attention 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Of all the words in the human vocabulary, why is it some folks feel that using the name that many profess as the Son of God, is the best one to show displeasure and anger? I’d prefer you just said F@(k

I now patiently await all the ? emoji’s for taking a stand against those that continue to offend those of the Christian faith.

I’m part of the Christian faith, doesn’t mean everyone else is and adheres accordingly or as dogmatically. they can cite Jesus FÜÇKING Christ all they want: it’s a free country to say what you like, and the plight of others to be above it and not get offended or react emotionally, just keep your faith. ?

There’s always Pakistan, Indonesia, or Iran if you want religious enforcement over the infidel masses. Lol

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Don’t tell me what to do; My response was calm, if even a bit brusque for a Questrom/SMG Grad. Lol

It just that you’re post is absurd because you’re complaining about a situation that is extraneous since he wasn’t expected to see the field this year. It was supposed to be a redshirt year for him to BULK and acclimate to the pro game. If anything, his exceptional athleticism (why he was drafted) actually demonstrated that he could hold up - even as a underweight no experience rookie - despite the obvious lack of strength. 

Anyone complaining about Mitchell’s performance without considering the pedigree and dire straits of OT depth that forced him to play this year is just full of mulark and hasn’t been lying attention 

I already agreed he played better than expected.  My point is that I don't want him starting next year.  He should be what he was drafted to be - a depth piece.  Do you want Max Mitchell starting on this offensive line next year?

• Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, genot said:

Mental health issues???

With these younger softer generation players - stress and pressure apparently qualify and wouldn’t be that surprising either. 

Older generations with the “suck it up” mentality may not agree with it, but nowadays it’s at least considered and accommodated.  

Just now, WhartonJet said:

I already agreed he played better than expected.  My point is that I don't want him starting next year.  He should be what he was drafted to be - a depth piece.  Do you want Max Mitchell starting on this offensive line next year?

If he keeps his nose clean, gains muscle and strength, and improves with technique to go along with his exceptional OT athleticism - why not?

• Upvote 1

Just now, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

With these younger softer generation players - agree and pressure apparently qualify and would be surprising either. 

You may not agree with it, but nowadays it’s at least considered and accommodated.  

Wasn't sure if I should have posted that thought. That's a long time away from the game for a non football related issue.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think teams put guys out for substance abuse so they don't get double dipped with the league suspension.  More likely he got in an accident driving home.  I hope he is okay.

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Or it could be a family thing.  It could be anything.

Out for the rest of the season due to those circumstances? Would have made the news if it were the egregious of an auto accident. Family deaths don’t keep you out for the rest of the season. 

Just now, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

If he keeps his nose clean, gains muscle and strength, and improves with technique to go along with his exceptional OT athleticism - why not?

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.  The short answer is because he is not very good (yet).  AVT, a healthy Becton, Fant (if re-signed) a free agent, or high draft pick are all better options to start at RT NEXT YEAR than playing Max Mitchell because he is "serviceable" and has outperformed expectations as a 4th round rookie.

• More Ugh 2

43 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

He had a dislocated knee in early Oct., returned after 1.5 months to play in late November and his play quality was slipping and unlike the beginning of the year. 

I say he may have overdone it with painkillers, leading to the NFI. Hope I’m wrong, but would make sense if not football-related 

I hope that's all it is, and not an internal medical issue. Get better Max and come back strong next year. HE will beat whatever it is.

14 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I’m part of the Christian faith, doesn’t mean everyone else is and adheres accordingly or as dogmatically. they can cite Jesus FÜÇKING Christ all they want: it’s a free country to say what you like, and the plight of others to be above it and not get offended or react emotionally, just keep your faith. ?

There’s always Pakistan, Indonesia, or Iran if you want religious enforcement over the infidel masses. Lol

He's not saying to ban or censor people, but just that it offends him.

And it oddly seems to offend you quite a bit that something offended him.

I hate hearing it / seeing it too.  But this is the world we live in, and we are called to love and forgive others.

And a lot of things are not done with intent but out of ignorance.  Even though it bothers me, I'm not in position to judge anybody.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, WhartonJet said:

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Living under a rock? It depends on her preferred pronouns ? lol

1 minute ago, WhartonJet said:

The short answer is because he is not very good (yet).  AVT, a healthy Becton, Fant (if re-signed) a free agent, or high draft pick are all better options to start at RT NEXT YEAR than playing Max Mitchell because he is "serviceable" and has outperformed expectations as a 4th round rookie.

That’s pure conjecture and opinion on your part, which you’re completely entitled to have ( even if it comes across as ignorant). 

to each his own and you’ll have you definitive answer next year come opening day. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Then your idea of faith differs from mine. I love that name.... you obviously don't.

I would also say my response was anything but emotional. 

How about, we go with using His name like that is wrong, but getting worked up about it on a football message board is a bit OTT also?

Let’s just move on, and not start arguing over religious beliefs/feelings?

• Upvote 1

As for Mitchell, something is wrong here, and Saleh not divulging the reason for this is kind of dumb.
In this day and age, does he really think it will remain a secret if it’s anything unusual?

*EDIT* I just saw the part where Saleh asked to “respect his privacy”, so this might in fact be something totally out of Mitchell’s control.  (I still think we find out what it is very soon however)

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Then your idea of faith differs from mine. I love that name.... you obviously don't.

I would also say my response was anything but emotional. 

Faith always differ amongst different people and their respective life experiences that has contributed - or detracted - to the notion of faith. I respect and admire those who have & maintain faith as life has shown me that faith is not enough and therefore insufficient to be solely relied upon.

Didn’t mean to implicate that you are emotional. You have and gave a valid reasoned response to your position  

I grew up in the Bronx, so YES, the name Jesus (and Angel as well) don’t have the most positive connotations since I’ve dealt with street punks and thugs besmirching that beloved name in my personal life experiences. Lol

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He's not saying to ban or censor people, but just that it offends him.

I hate hearing it / seeing it too.  But we are also called to love and forgive others.

And a lot of things are not done with intent but out of ignorance.  Even though it bothers me, I'm not in position to judge anybody.

I agree with your well written post, but you can’t make everyone agree with your position (especially when comes to faith) and take the “it offends me” angle. Everyone and everything is and can be considered offensive nowadays in modern society - IMO, easier to take a personal inner note of the offense and move on rather than declare it to only invite more criticism/ridicule/apathy/indifference/ snark. 

just my 2¢ ?

• Upvote 1

Everybody is ignoring the financial downside of this development.  Mitchell is cheap. Fant is a free agent and wants $10 million+ a year.  I'll take a slightly lower performing Mitchell over Fant for 1/10 the cost.  Let's hope he comes back next season ready to play because I would be surprised if Fant is on the roster next season.  This is why the salary cap matters and those that ignore it or argue that the players should get what they want (based on some argument that their earning capacity completely disappears after their 4 years on average NFL careers end). You can't shell out $10 million a year to everybody.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

Hope everything is ok with Mitchell.  That said, I never understood the fascination with this guy and folks penciling him in as our starting RT in 2023.  He looked very pedestrian to me every time he played.  

Probably because being even "pedestrian" as a rookie 3rd round OT is pretty encouraging.  Unless you feel like he already reached his full potential.  Considering he was viewed as a "project" out of the draft, I highly doubt that would be the case.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Of all the words in the human vocabulary, why is it some folks feel that using the name that many profess as the Son of God, is the best one to show displeasure and anger? I’d prefer you just said F@(k

I now patiently await all the ? emoji’s for taking a stand against those that continue to offend those of the Christian faith.

We have Valkyries and Thor 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Fine. Let me rephrase. Holy Buddha!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Wow. Hope it’s nothing serious but out for the year with no injury 

Saleh lies about everything so we’ll need to find out the truth from rap lol

I don't give a lot of downvotes but when you earn one.... you earn one.

Come on man!  I know you're better than this.

• Upvote 1