Jets Promote OL Laurent Duvernay Tardif To Active Roster Place OL Max Mitchell On NFI Sign OL Sam Schlueter

18 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

So how does this help the OT situation since LDT is a G? 

Fant steps in at RT, with Remmers as depth. LDT becomes the top backup at Guard.

The new guy they signed to the PS is a tackle, and I think there is another tackle on there too.

14 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

So how does this help the OT situation since LDT is a G? 

At this point, moving another guard to OT might be better than whatever OT are out there this late in the season.  AVT moved over and was solid, but of course he played tackle his last year at USC, so...

Wait How the hell did my thread go from Max Mitchell out for the year into a discussion about religion and Muslim faith? How does that happen? Kinda strange how Mitchell gets yanked from the game on Sunday and now this happens-did he take a swing at somebody or something?

45 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Doers Mitchell's NFI designation stem from the flu or some other injury?

has to be an accident that happen outside of the game, facilities, practice, etc.. like a car accident maybe or maybe underlying health issue found during checkup.  Hope he is ok.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

has to be an accident that happen outside of the game, facilities, practice, etc.. like a car accident maybe or maybe underlying health issue found during checkup.  Hope he is ok.

Coach Robert Saleh declined to disclose the reason for putting Mitchell on the NFI list, saying, "I'm not going to get into specifics right now because there are a lot of things we're trying to sort out."

Typically, players go on the NFI list if they have an illness or medical condition, or if they suffer an injury away from the team facility.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35204574/rookie-max-mitchell-latest-jets-ot-lost-season

17 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

9x out of 10 it's usually a mental health issue although I have seen NFI used in cases of underlying medical issues that just arise out of nowhere (like Quessenberry getting cancer or blood clotting issues)

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

9x out of 10 it's usually a mental health issue although I have seen NFI used in cases of underlying medical issues that just arise out of nowhere (like Quessenberry getting cancer or blood clotting issues)

yes could be anything like irregular heartbeat even

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

LDT was LT in college, so he could play T probably if needed.

Let’s not get carried away here. LDT while he has played admirably for the Jets, has had issues maintaining roster spots as a OG. Same as Herbig. They’re purely inside OLmen. If he playing OT, I’m getting worried.