There is no reasonable argument to start Z.Wilson

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

He lost to 2 playoff teams, CIN and BAL

Bengals might be the best team in the AFC right now.  They are loaded with talent.

The Jet defense was nowhere near as good the 1st 3 games. “Miscommunications” / breakdowns all over the place early in the season.

OL was struggling with protections too.

The jets put up 9 and 12 points in those game….

once again completion % and tds are much more important than yards 

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

The Steelers would have been the best defense Mike White has faced this year.  Zach carved them apart in crunch time and got the ball into the endzone twice.

Not really sure what that has to do w/ my post, like at all but the Steelers have one of, if not the worst pass defense in the NFL.  They have allowed a league high in passing TD's and are 28th in passing yards.   The Bears have allowed the second least in passing yards and while the Vikings give up the most yards, they've given up half the TD's as the Steelers 

But yes, Wilson's 4th quarter vs. the Steelers, is the best we've ever seen of Zach Wilson which is completely irrelevant to the point I made.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Not really sure what that has to do w/ my post, like at all but the Steelers have one of, if not the worst pass defense in the NFL.  They have allowed a league high in passing TD's and are 28th in passing yards.   The Bears have allowed the second least in passing yards and while the Vikings give up the most yards, they've given up half the TD's as the Steelers 

But yes, Wilson's 4th quarter vs. the Steelers, is the best we've ever seen of Zach Wilson which is completely irrelevant to the point I made.

Relevance?  How is anyones opinion on this board in any way relevant?

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Kapono sucked for 3/4 of the game

Even with a blistering 4th Q, he finished 18/36 (50% comp.) with 2 INT

Steelers were a 1-2 team at the time and 5-7 now

The Jets’ D bailed him out with chances by picking off Kenny Pickett 3 times in his 1st career appearance 

The Zach cultists praise him for a level of play that they would absolutely destroy Mike White for 

The Pittsburgh game is an example of “peak” ZW

When your QB is missing screen passes by 15 feet, is there really any need for a conversation?

Listen to Namath on Francesca’s podcast when asked what he thinks of Wilson.  It’s embarrassing for Wilson.

Namath knows a little bit about what good QB play looks like.

Exactly......18-36.......His 2 INT's led to 10 of Pittsburgh's 20 points and against the 28th rated pass defense without T.J. Watt......You do not get demoted to the scout team when you are the 2nd pick in the draft because you are a competent QB in the NFL......You really have to **** the bed to be replaced by the supposed third string QB and be deactivated for 3 straight games....Does anyone in their right mind think JD and Saleh wanted to do that?......

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

What if he’s not very good turns the ball over and we lose?   What if he losses the next two and is 1&3 ?

if Zach sucks putting up Zach like stats is a pretty low bar.   We might want to look at Zach again this year because the GM and coaching staff think he has enormous upside and he’s actually under contract for two more years and it already counts against the cap the next two years.  

Mike White is a FA.  We can tag him for roughly 30 plus million next year.   We might be able to promise him the starting gig for 20 to 25 million.  If he’s mediocre how much commitment do you want to make to him knowing he can walk?

If the Jets are going to commit to Mike White as the starter going forward at some point very soon they’re going to have to put their money in.   That will impact a lot of other decisions.  

The argument that under no conditions Zach gets to  play again this year is among the dumbest takes I have ever read on this board.   There are plenty of potential scenarios where it makes sense to start Zach again.  

The only scenario where Zack starts again is if/when we are out of playoff contention.  Until then, there is no world that having Wilson in there gives us a better chance to win than White . . .

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Wrong

So you really think they'd put Zack in a game with playoff implications?  That there's a universe where they think Zack gives them the better chance to win RIGHT NOW?

If that happens I will acknowledge your superiority as a knowledgeable Jets fan (right before I start a "Fire Everyone" thread) . . . 

Look it’s not as if Zach is self(ish) motivated and can’t follow a game plan. He did after coming back from injury the game plan was centered around the running game and Zach ran it. Then the most effective player in that offense went out for the season and he hit a wall vs the Patriots (again). On the plus side for Zach over a considerable period of time few Zach turnovers. I’d activate him he could be valuable coming off the bench I’m not ready to count him out as Jets starter yet. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, doitny said:

so they guy who completes 55% is better than the guy who completes 62% ?

or the guy who has 4 TDs in 7 games better than a guy who has 3 TDs in 2 games?

or the guy who moves the team so well he avgs 182 yds per game over the guy who avgs 342 yds ?

the best stat. the team total yds in Zach Wilson 7 games avgs to 286 yds. Mike White over 2 games, 476 yds.

and i will be fair and subtract that horrible NE and in 6 games Zachs avg is 317 yds. 

no comparison. Mike White is the best QB on this team. he gives us the best chance to win.

This isn’t about better today.  It’s about the future of the team.   Mike White wasn’t actual good against MN.  He didn’t finish.  He overthrew a wide open GW for a TD.   An under throw at worst leads to a huge gain.   In two games he had no pressure in his face. He faced two bad NFL defenses.  Praise to Mike White for getting the ball out fast when he didn’t have to.  He might have gotten a few more first downs if he waited and passed the ball beyond the marker?  Mike White hasn’t lead the Jets to the playoffs yet or proven he can.   If he does that would be fantastic.   If he doesn’t and he’s not leading the O to TD in big spots I could see Saleh going back to Zach.   Zach is actually signed next year.   You don’t seem to get that.  You seem to think 1 good game against a terrible team means everything.   It doesn’t.  White wasn’t really good against MN despite the plus 300 yards.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, JiFields said:

The Bears made a decision to unload there best defenders before the trade deadline.   The Bears have lost 5 consecutive games and allowed an average of 34 points per in that span.  The Steelers D isn’t  good but they actually play to win football games.  

17 hours ago, Biggs said:

Relevance?  How is anyones opinion on this board in any way relevant?

54 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Bears made a decision to unload there best defenders before the trade deadline.   The Bears have lost 5 consecutive games and allowed an average of 34 points per in that span.  The Steelers D isn’t  good but they actually play to win football games.  

Change of heart?  lol

Again, not sure what any of this has to do w/ the original point I made but after I shared those facts to your irrelevant response, I also shared that the Steelers game was Zach's finest moment as a pro.  So, what are we doing here, ring around the rosie?

29 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This isn’t about better today.  It’s about the future of the team.   Mike White wasn’t actual good against MN.  He didn’t finish.  He overthrew a wide open GW for a TD.   An under throw at worst leads to a huge gain.   In two games he had no pressure in his face. He faced two bad NFL defenses.  Praise to Mike White for getting the ball out fast when he didn’t have to.  He might have gotten a few more first downs if he waited and passed the ball beyond the marker?  Mike White hasn’t lead the Jets to the playoffs yet or proven he can.   If he does that would be fantastic.   If he doesn’t and he’s not leading the O to TD in big spots I could see Saleh going back to Zach.   Zach is actually signed next year.   You don’t seem to get that.  You seem to think 1 good game against a terrible team means everything.   It doesn’t.  White wasn’t really good against MN despite the plus 300 yards.  

the post you answered said the only reason Zach starts again is if we are out of the playoffs. i agree with that. you said no, there are plenty of scenarios where you can see Zach playing.

the bold made me laugh. Zach has thrown 4 TDs White for 3 TDs. how does he lead us to a TD in a big spot.? he is 1-2 without Hall carrying him. would be 1-3 if Hall didnt break that 60 yd run for the only score in Denver.

59 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Mike White wasn’t actual good against MN.  He didn’t finish.

and Zach does finish? stats show White moves the ball more than Zach giving us more chances to score. like i said above 4 TDs in 7 games to 3 TDs in 2. unless you think the RBs work harder to score when Zach hands it to them White gives us a better chance at finishing.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

He overthrew a wide open GW for a TD

yes and?  how many easy overthrows does Zach have? Zach doesnt make that throw cause he doesnt see him or is running at the 1st sign of pressure. 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

You don’t seem to get that.  You seem to think 1 good game against a terrible team means everything.   It doesn’t.  White wasn’t really good against MN despite the plus 300 yards.  

he missed a few plays but he played good enough to win. does Zach win this game? throwing for his 178 ypg average? 

Zach beat a Pitts team with 2 perfect 4th QB drives. not a good team who had a rookie play his 1st ever 2 qts and we beat them by 4.

the Miami game was 19-17 at the start of the 4th qtr. their 3rd string QB went 2-5 14 yds untill the game was out of reach at 40-17. fumble on the 17. again 3rd string and its a 2 point game until he imploded in the 4th. 

the Denver game Zach got outplayed by their backup. and we won by 7. by Halls 62 yd TD.

2 NE games that they should be 4-8 and not 6-6. 

whether you like him or not Kirk Cousin is one of the best QBs this year and the Vikings are a good team. Zach had one good game vs Buffalo. you wanna talk about Blitzing? the main thing that kills Zach and Buffalo didnt do it at all. 

i just cant see Saleh with the playoffs on the line saying, hmmmm we need to win so let me start the QB who cant complete a screen pass to save his life, who runs at the 1st sign of pressure. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

To summarize, Mike White isnt perfect on every single throw he makes and he's had it easy, which makes him a bad Football player and not a good fit for the Jets.   Therefore, I would prefer the QB who has a worse trajectory than Jamarcus Russell because peep that quarter he had vs. the Steelers that one time when they were the worst pass defense in the NFL. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, JiFields said:

To summarize, Mike White isnt perfect on every single throw he makes and he's had it easy, which makes him a bad Football player and not a good fit for the Jets.   Therefore, I would prefer the QB who has a worse trajectory than Jamarcus Russell because peep that quarter he had vs. the Steelers that one time when they were the worst pass defense in the NFL. 

In sumation.  The Jets passed on Justin Fields and you are committed to sh*tting on Zach Wilson even though he's been benched.  MW was the epitome of mediocre against a MN team that's not as good as the NY Jets.  In spite of that you are willing to suck MW off even though he wasn't very good last week and on an above 500 team has a record of 1 and 1.  Because Zach has sucked and he isn't Justin Fields you are committed to Mike White's greatness before he's proven it.  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Claymation said:

He has no leverage

The Wilson camp leverage is that Douglas wants to get some return on investment from Zach Wilson and it appears as the only two routes toward doing that are 1. Trade him for whatever you get or 2. Let Zach Wilson hold your entire program hostage in the increasingly faint hope that he becomes a good player some day. No one in that building should have any interest in wasting any more time and resources on a guy that has not only been terrible on the field, but appears to have alienated everyone off the field. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2022 at 3:10 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

There is no reasonable argument to start Z.Wilson

Sure there is. MW is 1-1. If he continues to not win games why would you continue to start him? If the playoffs fall out of reach you play the big investment to know for sure that you want to move on or not... ZW needed to sit from day 1. The CBA and the Jets roster made that impossible. Now he's sitting, and hopefully he's learning. Whether ZW sticks or not doesn't really matter to me outside of the investment the jets made when they drafted him.

I am trying tonunderstand this of he continues to lose comment. He won 1 game and was a dropped pass in EZ from winning his second. Yes, MW could have had a better game and MLF could have called better plays in the EZ but of you look at what Zach has accomplished in 7 games and what MW has in his 2 this season, MW is the guy. Zach os done here this season no matter what happens. There is no point. We have 20 games of Zach. That is enough to know what you have. 

• More Ugh 1

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

In sumation.  The Jets passed on Justin Fields and you are committed to sh*tting on Zach Wilson even though he's been benched.  MW was the epitome of mediocre against a MN team that's not as good as the NY Jets.  In spite of that you are willing to suck MW off even though he wasn't very good last week and on an above 500 team has a record of 1 and 1.  Because Zach has sucked and he isn't Justin Fields you are committed to Mike White's greatness before he's proven it.  

No where in this thread did I bash Zach Wilson.  I pointed out stats that favor Mike White, you jumped in unprovoked w/ some irrelevant bull sh*t of a point and now you're crying like a little baby because I prefer the better QB?  I disagree MW was mediocre vs. the Vikings.  He balled the F out and led that team to come behind victory if Berrios holds on to the ball.  You disagree?  Cool.  .  Mike White is 1000x better Football player than Zach Wilson, that's why I want him to be the QB.  Because I like the Jets.  Apparently you dont, so I hope you fume all day long wishing Zach Wilson was playing and if Mike White pulls of the victory, I hope you cry.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, BurntDice said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying…

im not pro Zach or pro white or anything all I’m saying is that throwing for 300 yards doesnt mean anything substantial. 

Throwing for 300 yards is not an indication of playing well. Completion % and tds are a much more important thing to look at 

Conversely,  throwing for 170 or less means you are not throwing the ball at all. The games that Zach won with these pedestrian passing stats were win by the Rbs, more accurately,  Breece Hall. The way people say Zach is 5-2 is so laughable.  Yeah, he played in 5 games the Jets won. So did GW but nobody is saying he was a factor in those wins. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Conversely,  throwing for 170 or less means you are not throwing the ball at all. The games that Zach won with these pedestrian passing stats were win by the Rbs, more accurately,  Breece Hall. The way people say Zach is 5-2 is so laughable.  Yeah, he played in 5 games the Jets won. So did GW but nobody is saying he was a factor in those wins. 

Yeah, the defense and running game essentially won the games ZW started

His “highlights”:

— 4th Q vs PIT

— Game managing / not turning the ball over vs BUF

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

No where in this thread did I bash Zach Wilson.  I pointed out stats that favor Mike White, you jumped in unprovoked w/ some irrelevant bull sh*t of a point and now you're crying like a little baby because I prefer the better QB?  I disagree MW was mediocre vs. the Vikings.  He balled the F out and led that team to come behind victory if Berrios holds on to the ball.  You disagree?  Cool.  .  Mike White is 1000x better Football player than Zach Wilson, that's why I want him to be the QB.  Because I like the Jets.  Apparently you dont, so I hope you fume all day long wishing Zach Wilson was playing and if Mike White pulls of the victory, I hope you cry.

I'm not a little baby, I'm a little bitch and when a poster can't read or lacks nuance and tries to put words in my mouth it pisses this little bitch off.

I'm glad MW is starting.  I wish they had pulled Zach in the third quarter of the second Pats game when it could have had a significant bearing on our playoff chances.

I want MW to have a great game today and ball out the rest of the year.  He might.  We could also lose 2 of the next 3 easily if he doesn't play really well.  Zach put a pretty good game in the can against the BIlls before he shat himself against the Pats.  

I'm just not willing to completely write off Zach yet and I don't believe the Jets management have written him off.  If MW sh*ts himself and the team is going nowhere with him I could easily see Zach playing the last couple of games.  

I think who you play against is relevant.  Zach played a couple of games against Denver, Greenbay and the Pats were the OL mismatch created a fire drill up the middle.  MW hasn't faced that yet.  It's relevant if when he does face it he can't handle it.   Getting the ball out in under 2.5 seconds when you don't have too and miss a wide open GW for the win doesn't make MW a great NFL QB.  Throwing a fade on the goal line quickly when the WR can't get there isn't great NFL QB play.   It might be great to get the ball out fast against Denver but in a critical situation against a team like MN where the pass rush isn't great and you need to go down field maybe not so great.  

Lets hope MW is terrific today and leads us to the playoffs!  You prefering the "better" QB is a judgement on a very small sample size, bitch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Once again I’m not arguing for Zach. He’s been bad minus a few very good drives. 

it’s a lot more complex then oh he threw for 300 yards on 57 attempts what a great game!!!! 

The bears game is an example of an excellent game. High completion % and no turnovers with  multiple tds. This was however against the worst D in the league. Everything isn’t black and white. If he can hit 65ish comp % 2 tds and 0 ints then it will be excellent against a very good D. If he goes for another 300 on a ton of attempts with multiple turnovers, then no it’s not a good game and I’ll continue to be a skeptic. 

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

If whites performance wasn’t good, then what would you call ZWs play to date? 

13 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If whites performance wasn’t good, then what would you call ZWs play to date? 

Good against Buffalo, Miami and Pittsburgh.  Terrible against NE twice.  Reasonable based on the fire drill in protection up the middle against Denver and Greenbay.  

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I'm not a little baby, I'm a little bitch and when a poster can't read or lacks nuance and tries to put words in my mouth it pisses this little bitch off.

I'm glad MW is starting.  I wish they had pulled Zach in the third quarter of the second Pats game when it could have had a significant bearing on our playoff chances.

I want MW to have a great game today and ball out the rest of the year.  He might.  We could also lose 2 of the next 3 easily if he doesn't play really well.  Zach put a pretty good game in the can against the BIlls before he shat himself against the Pats.  

I'm just not willing to completely write off Zach yet and I don't believe the Jets management have written him off.  If MW sh*ts himself and the team is going nowhere with him I could easily see Zach playing the last couple of games.  

I think who you play against is relevant.  Zach played a couple of games against Denver, Greenbay and the Pats were the OL mismatch created a fire drill up the middle.  MW hasn't faced that yet.  It's relevant if when he does face it he can't handle it.   Getting the ball out in under 2.5 seconds when you don't have too and miss a wide open GW for the win doesn't make MW a great NFL QB.  Throwing a fade on the goal line quickly when the WR can't get there isn't great NFL QB play.   It might be great to get the ball out fast against Denver but in a critical situation against a team like MN where the pass rush isn't great and you need to go down field maybe not so great.  

Lets hope MW is terrific today and leads us to the playoffs!  You prefering the "better" QB is a judgement on a very small sample size, bitch.

I literally have no idea what you're doing right now or where this all came from...I want to remind you, all I did was share that Mike White does things better in an area that a certain poster said was the most important aspect of QB'ing.  You jumped in and brought up the Steelers and Zach's 4th quarter.  I said, I dont see how that's relevant, oh and btw, here some stats and facts but yes, that was Zach's finest moment ie: agreeing w/ your irrelevant point.  Since then, you've put words in mouth, not the other way around.  And you have taken us down this path since jumping in with your irrelevant point to the point where you even brought up Justin Fields, which is even more irrelevant to the conversation.

As to your last point; the sample size for Mike White is historic and I'd like to see more, and for some dumb reason, you keeping ignoring it.  Meanwhile, the sample size for Zach is substantial and on the trajectory of Jamarcus Russell.  So yeah, give me other guy, I mean, wtf are you doing here dude?  lol 

On 12/11/2022 at 9:00 AM, More Cowbell said:

I am trying tonunderstand this of he continues to lose comment. He won 1 game and was a dropped pass in EZ from winning his second. Yes, MW could have had a better game and MLF could have called better plays in the EZ but of you look at what Zach has accomplished in 7 games and what MW has in his 2 this season, MW is the guy. Zach os done here this season no matter what happens. There is no point. We have 20 games of Zach. That is enough to know what you have. 

I meant what I said, and as he has done. I wasn't bashing him, or trying to prop up ZW, merely cutting off the knee jerk crowd at the pass. People are crowning MW king after one win no different than last year. He's now 1-2 and injured... Sound familiar. You can critique MW, and not want him on the bench... Just to be clear since the blatantly ANTI ZW crowd, of which many of you are a part, can't help but make it into a ZW post when people critique MW..... I am not advocating for ZW; I'm just not sucking off MW as many of you are foolishly once again in a never ending cycle of grasping onto what is seen as greener grass. MW has had multiple years on a team, and the best he seems to do is making a pre-play read and throwing to that guy immediately. It's a start, but it won't get you very far... Zach needs to earn his way back onto the field, no doubt. If MW is healthy I would start him again, at least he can do basic things on the field, if only to put it to rest one way or the other. Again, questioning MW isn't advocating for ZW... MW beat a bad team missing it's QB, then lost the next two games (close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades), to say he's the guy wreaks of desperation... Of course if he became the guy I wouldn't complain as others do because he wasn't "my guy" in fact I'd be quite happy. Truth be told I don't care about athletes as people they're interchangeable, and one starting over the other doesn't matter to me as long as the better one plays... I also noticed context deemed "excuses" for ZW have become reasons for MW (oline, dropped passes, play calling). Just saying. Go Jets!

9 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I meant what I said, and as he has done. I wasn't bashing him, or trying to prop up ZW, merely cutting off the knee jerk crowd at the pass. People are crowning MW king after one win no different than last year. He's now 1-2 and injured... Sound familiar. You can critique MW, and not want him on the bench... Just to be clear since the blatantly ANTI ZW crowd, of which many of you are a part, can't help but make it into a ZW post when people critique MW..... I am not advocating for ZW; I'm just not sucking off MW as many of you are foolishly once again in a never ending cycle of grasping onto what is seen as greener grass. MW has had multiple years on a team, and the best he seems to do is making a pre-play read and throwing to that guy immediately. It's a start, but it won't get you very far... Zach needs to earn his way back onto the field, no doubt. If MW is healthy I would start him again, at least he can do basic things on the field, if only to put it to rest one way or the other. Again, questioning MW isn't advocating for ZW... MW beat a bad team missing it's QB, then lost the next two games (close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades), to say he's the guy wreaks of desperation... Of course if he became the guy I wouldn't complain as others do because he wasn't "my guy" in fact I'd be quite happy. Truth be told I don't care about athletes as people they're interchangeable, and one starting over the other doesn't matter to me as long as the better one plays... I also noticed context deemed "excuses" for ZW have become reasons for MW (oline, dropped passes, play calling). Just saying. Go Jets!

As you seem to think we are sucking off MW, I don't  think younhave been critically  watching him play. MW has improved over last season.he worked on his game even though he was not the starter, something we were told Zach was doing but the results are much different. MW also goes through a progression of looks after the snap. Just watch his eyes. A lot of time he does come back to that forst read but he doesn't  go to the forst read, lock on, and then throw it after the entire stadium knows where the play is going. It is why he actually  completes these passes. 

Lastly, I am tired of people saying being critical of MW is not being a Zach booster. The two are not mutually exclusive. You can't  say anything about MW without it being a reflection  on ZW. It's  just how it is this season. Next season if MW is still the starter, it will be his year. Right now MW has to do all he can to keep Zach off the field. Until that changes, both are in the conversation.