Snow/Rain Forecast this Sunday

kevinc855

24 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

The rain/snow is not as big a deal as the wind conditions. The wind just screws up everything from passing, kicking, punting ect. 5-10 MPH winds in Bufffalo late December seems managable.

turnovers possible.  gotta secure the ball.  i still believe the jets have the advantage.  cover diggs and contain allen and the jets win unless they lose the turnover battle 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Facts said:

I hope you’re right. I think we get curb stomped in a “revenge” game.

I just rewatched that first matchup a couple days ago and I think most people forget that Buffalo would have been up 14-0 and the rout would have been on if Josh Allen didn’t go full retard and throw the ball right to Whitehead. 

Anything is possible, but I dont see a blowout either way,  The Jets defense matches well with the Bills.  They have the manpower in the defensive backfield to cover the pass catchers and most importantly, they have great speed at the second level.  That speed is how they contain Allen.  So long as they use good fundamentals when they contact him, they wont let him run wild.  The Jets also seem to have found some new ways/players to generate yardage on the ground.  If Mike White is at least efficient, the Jets should fare well.  

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Easier said then done...

For a lot of teams, yes... But the Jets defense is very fast.  They can close distances on ball carriers pretty quickly.  In this case, Josh Allen.  It will be a close game.  I give the advantage to the Jets defense vs. Beefalo offense.  The Jets offense vs Beefalo defense will come down to Mike White and LeFleur's game plan/play calling.  If White is efficient they should be able to score 24+ or so vs. Buffalo defense.  Now that White and LeFleur have had another week of full first team work together, I expect to see a good showing.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If Mike White is at least efficient, the Jets should fare well.  

He should be.  You'd think ZW would be a good guy for a game like this since his arm can "cut through the wind" (like Josh Allen's does).  But I feel more confident with MW in there, even though this is going to be a very tough one.

Glad our OL should be: Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern, Herbig, Fant.  That's solid all the way across.  We get MC1 back, which helps, but hopefully Bam Knight gets the main workload.  Sucks our guys have the flu and have to play in the cold but 39 degrees is above freezing, at least.  

IIRC, MW hasn't yet played "in the elements".  Will be interesting to see how he fares on Sunday.  This will likely be another slug-fest.  Our defense has to come up big.  

18 minutes ago, Facts said:

I just rewatched that first matchup a couple days ago and I think most people forget that Buffalo would have been up 14-0 and the rout would have been on if Josh Allen didn’t go full retard and throw the ball right to Whitehead. 

But that’s what josh Allen does. For as good as he is, he’s very prone to making mistakes… I believe is second in the league in turnovers.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He should be.  You'd think ZW would be a good guy for a game like this since his arm can "cut through the wind" (like Josh Allen's does).  But I feel more confident with MW in there, even though this is going to be a very tough one.

Glad our OL should be: Brown, Tomlinson, McGovern, Herbig, Fant.  That's solid all the way across.  We get MC1 back, which helps, but hopefully Bam Knight gets the main workload.  Sucks our guys have the flu and have to play in the cold but 39 degrees is above freezing, at least.  

IIRC, MW hasn't yet played "in the elements".  Will be interesting to see how he fares on Sunday.  This will likely be another slug-fest.  Our defense has to come up big.  

I dig fully.  And yeah... ZW has the arm to throw the ball right through the cold and swirling wind, but if Snow Miser was covered he'd throw of his back foot and get picked-off by Heat Miser.  

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I dig fully.  And yeah... ZW has the arm to throw the ball right through the cold and swirling wind, but if Snow Miser was covered he'd throw of his back foot and get picked-off by Heat Miser.  

image.jpeg

I had to "like" this post for the sheer use of the best Christmas Special ever.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

just come out and say you hate the Jets and be done with it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

turnovers possible.  gotta secure the ball.  i still believe the jets have the advantage.  cover diggs and contain allen and the jets win unless they lose the turnover battle 

How do you figure the Jets having the advantage?  It's not as simple as containing Diggs and Allen, and doing that is not simple either.  The Bills are a better team and are playing at home after a mini-bye as well.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, extmenace said:

But that’s what josh Allen does. For as good as he is, he’s very prone to making mistakes… I believe is second in the league in turnovers.

Maybe so, but that wasn’t even a mistake. It was just… thrown… literally right to Whitehead. No where near the receiver. I legit wonder if he thought Whitehead WAS the receiver.

Jets 48 Bills 24

Mike White a cool 300 yards passing in the snow/rain and 4 touchdown passes: 1 to Garrett, 1 to Uzomah, 1 to Moore, and 1 to Berrios.

The Jets 3 headed monster of Knight, Carter, and Johnson gash the Bills for over 200 yards on the ground and 2 touchdowns: Bam Knight and Michael Carter.

Jets D continues to stifle the Bills offense, winning the turnover battle and creating short fields for the Jets offense.

SWEEP THE BILLS! NO MERCY! 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets 48 Bills 24

Mike White a cool 300 yards passing in the snow/rain and 4 touchdown passes: 1 to Garrett, 1 to Uzomah, 1 to Moore, and 1 to Berrios.

The Jets 3 headed monster of Knight, Carter, and Johnson gash the Bills for over 200 yards on the ground and 2 touchdowns: Bam Knight and Michael Carter.

SWEEP THE BILLS! NO MERCY! 

If this happens, can we just leave Zach in Buffalo? No need to have him around getting his filth on our franchise Mike White.

• Haha 1

If this happens, can we just leave Zach in Buffalo? No need to have him around getting his filth on our franchise Mike White.
This is the kind of post that has me coming back here for more ... The irrational elevation of a backup QB to god status for no apparent reason other than a fluke game last year against the Bengals.

If he soundly dismantles the Buffalo defense this weekend I reserve the right to paint my opinion as if I had always known this to be fact ... As so many others here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This is the kind of post that has me coming back here for more ... The irrational elevation of a backup QB to god status for no apparent reason other than a fluke game last year against the Bengals.

If he soundly dismantles the Buffalo defense this weekend I reserve the right to paint my opinion as if I had always known this to be fact ... As so many others here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Well if Cincy is a fluke game for White then I guess its fair to call TN a fluke game for Zach