House Oversight Comm. Report on Washington Commanders & Coverup

Warfish

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Report can be found here:

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/2022-12-08 NFL Report_Final.pdf

Interesting reading, to say the least.

Enjoy.

Try not to get the thread locked please.

Snyder and the NFL do not look good here.

Obviously, complex.  Not just sorting out what is true and what is not.  What is actually actionable, legally. ??? Is there a single workplace that is not to some degree "toxic" ??? Also... When can outside agencies force the NFL to penalize or remover an owner ??? Even one as "questionable" as DS ??? Where do the offenses of DS and the "Commanders" become the fault of the NFL itself ?

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Obviously, complex.  Not just sorting out what is true and what is not.  What is actually actionable, legally. ??? Is there a single workplace that is not to some degree "toxic" ??? Also... When can outside agencies force the NFL to penalize or remover an owner ??? Even one as "questionable" as DS ??? Where do the offenses of DS and the "Commanders" become the fault of the NFL itself for not dealing with this if they knew some of it/all of it ???

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Report can be found here:

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/2022-12-08 NFL Report_Final.pdf

Interesting reading, to say the least.

Enjoy.

Try not to get the thread locked please.

Snyder and the NFL do not look good here.

should hav stayed the redskins

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

What is actually actionable, legally. ???

That's for the courts to decide.  Nothing criminally, most likely.  Perhaps some in civil court.

I'm far more interested in what the NFL Owners do in re: Snyder's ongoing ownership of the team and/or Snyder's desire to sell.

Is there a single workplace that is not to some degree "toxic" ???

The "everyone does it" defense?  

Also... When can outside agencies force the NFL to penalize or remover an owner ???  Even one as "questionable" as DS ???

They cannot.

Where do the offenses of DS and the "Commanders" become the fault of the NFL itself ?

An interesting question, one this report in part answers, laying a portion of the blame on the NFL itself for de facto helping cover it up.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hawk said:

That's a lot of words.  I'll wait for the peanut galleries (media) interpretation. ?

I think the original testimony is very telling.

Waiting for others to tell you what to think, through their particular prism, and in today's excessively divisive team-sports-politics environment, will rob you of real knowledge and drown you in spin in a case like this.

JMO.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's for the courts to decide.  Nothing criminally, most likely.  Perhaps some in civil court.

I'm far more interested in what the NFL Owners do in re: Snyder's ongoing ownership of the team and/or Snyder's desire to sell.

The "everyone does it" defense?  

They cannot.

An interesting question, one this report in part answers, laying a portion of the blame on the NFL itself for de facto helping cover it up.

The league has tremendous resources.  In order to protect the brand, they will do everything within their means and scope to defend even a "guilty" owner in order to avoid a public mark.  Not just in this case, but in all.  I'm guessing that other NFL organizations are not way off from some of what we are seeing in this report and much has been sanitized or buried over the years.

ESPN has a thorough but not overly long summary here

The NFL looks bad - and should

This bit bothered me the most - talk about coverup ... makes me as mad as when they destroyed the evidence of the Cheats' film fiasco:

"Although the NFL appeared on the surface to have cooperated with committee requests for documents, much of what the league provided was "news articles, press clippings, and public court records." Investigators said the league "refused to turn over" at least 40,000 documents collected by Wilkinson during the league's internal investigation, including Wilkinson's written findings presented to the NFL during her investigation."

• Upvote 3

This a report by the US House of Representatives.  Look at the conclusion.  It is not limited to the NFL.  It basically is using the behavior of a premier organization like the NFL to justify more laws, more regulation, more bureaucracy, more interference in how workplaces run.  

There are 32 other teams.  The NFL is just a cooperative body.  Each is its own business.  Snyder is a jerk and this is all him.   

So Snyder continues to mess up the world for everyone else.

Who here would hire a young, attractive secretary?  Not me.  

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

This a report by the US House of Representatives.  Look at the conclusion.  It is not limited to the NFL.  It basically is using the behavior of a premier organization like the NFL to justify more laws, more regulation, more bureaucracy, more interference in how workplaces run.  

There are 32 other teams.  The NFL is just a cooperative body.  Each is its own business.  Snyder is a jerk and this is all him.   

So Snyder continues to mess up the world for everyone else.

Who here would hire a young, attractive secretary?  Not me.  

This lady is married to David Gregory lol. I’d take it with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just read the cover page & the 1.5 page table of contents then. Or you'll get the gist of it long before you get to the end of that page & a half summary.

Or just stop at the cover page alone:

image.png

President Reagan once said the scariest thing a person can ever hear is:

"We're from the government, and we're here to help"

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just read the cover page & the 1.5 page table of contents then. Or you'll get the gist of it long before you get to the end of that page & a half summary.

Or just stop at the cover page alone:

image.png

I got to US House of Representative...

Elected Scumbags that cater to and are puppets of Billionaires.

• Upvote 3