Turdsday Night Football .. Raiders/Rams

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

And any AFC team even sniffing the playoff hunt losing is a good thing. Think we actually might have to root for Miami vs. the Chargers on Sunday. 

Miami loss + Jets win = Jets leapfrog Miami.

Plenty weeks left for the Chargers losses to pile up.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Yeah which is worse?  Carr or Russell Wilson?  At least Wilson won it all.  Carr?  Talented, but he’ll Never win for you.

I’m sure a lot of people said the same thing about stafford. Dude has an over 60% completion and a 2 to 1 td ratio in a dumpster fire of an organization. He’s a talented player.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Miami loss + Jets win = Jets leapfrog Miami.

Plenty weeks left for the Chargers losses to pile up.

Three of their last four are against the Colts, Rams, and Broncos. If they win on Sunday, and take care of business in those other games, they can easily move to 10-7 (with likely the tiebreaker over the Jets, even if we win in Seattle).

5 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Three of their last four are against the Colts, Rams, and Broncos. If they win on Sunday, and take care of business in those other games, they can easily move to 10-7 (with likely the tiebreaker over the Jets, even if we win in Seattle).

Three of Miami's last 4 are against Buffalo, NE and us. If they lose on Sunday we likely control our own destiny on qualifying ahead of them.

Either way, the outcome will help one team and hurt another.

37 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I’m sure a lot of people said the same thing about stafford. Dude has an over 60% completion and a 2 to 1 td ratio in a dumpster fire of an organization. He’s a talented player.

Good point.  I’m probably wrong, should have thought a little deeper.

Jet D can be so good, so lights out, for the next few Years, that whoever the QB is as long as he puts up 20+ points per game, put that game in the W column 90% of the time, and Carr can do lots of that, Breece Hall, Bam Knight, Michael Carter 3 headed monster backfield, Wilson a perennial All Pro WR on the outside with the rest of that room no slouches, a few tweaks here and there by Douglas……this Will be a sick team.

Yeah, Carr can take them on a long ride.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Three of Miami's last 4 are against Buffalo, NE and us. If they lose on Sunday we likely control our own destiny on qualifying ahead of them.

Either way, the outcome will help one team and hurt another.

Sure, but I wouldn't want to have to be relying on a win in Miami to get in. There's a path to the playoffs, when we can still get to 10-7 without winning in Miami, and that looks the easier route to me. 

32 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Sure, but I wouldn't want to have to be relying on a win in Miami to get in. There's a path to the playoffs, when we can still get to 10-7 without winning in Miami, and that looks the easier route to me. 

Who knows ... maybe based on remaining schedules a Miami win here, and two losses for them further down the line (e.g. Buffalo, us) might mean we come out on top of both Miami and SD. 

Lots of permutations - just great to be talking about this for once rather than our route to a better draft pick! :D 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Good point.  I’m probably wrong, should have thought a little deeper.

Jet D can be so good, so lights out, for the next few Years, that whoever the QB is as long as he puts up 20+ points per game, put that game in the W column 90% of the time, and Carr can do lots of that, Breece Hall, Bam Knight, Michael Carter 3 headed monster backfield, Wilson a perennial All Pro WR on the outside with the rest of that room no slouches, a few tweaks here and there by Douglas……this Will be a sick team.

Yeah, Carr can take them on a long ride.

I'm with you every step of the way here.

I looked into his numbers further.  Career Numbers are 64.7% Completion percentage, 213 TD's, 95 INT's, 92.1 QB Rating.  He instantly is one of the best QB the jets have ever had and he would be 32 at the start of the year next year, which is still young enough to get you a few high level years.  I like him more than Jimmy G for what this team has if Mike White isn't the guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

Agree. We want to avoid that last game being win and in if at all possible. So it's probably best if Miami wins this week to give LA a 7th loss given their easy final 3 games.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mayfield still stinks and given long enough will prove it again.  Let's not get carried away.

On the other hand our hero Mike white with the game on the line threw a pick to lose the game so.......

We know Baker sucks.  Fluke touchdowns against a tanking Raiders team prove nothing.  White lost on the road to maybe the best team in football 

• Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

We know Baker sucks.  Fluke touchdowns against a tanking Raiders team prove nothing.  White lost on the road to maybe the best team in football 

Raiders Tanking? Really? 

2 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Raiders can cut Carr after this year with only $5.6 mil in dead cap

They should look into picking up Baker then.