Jordan Whitehead Fined 15K For Hit On Jefferson

13 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

What would even be the basis for a penalty?  

13 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I cannot see that in any way... jmo 

looks like Whiteheads helmet hits Jefferson's facemask. Leading w/the helmet. It is a ticky tack call but I can see where it would come from is all I'm saying. The fine though - I thought was supposed to be for egregious crap. This is lame.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

58 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

looks like Whiteheads helmet hits Jefferson's facemask. Leading w/the helmet. It is a ticky tack call but I can see where it would come from is all I'm saying. The fine though - I thought was supposed to be for egregious crap. This is lame.

I don't see him "leading" with the helmet, I see incidental contact with the helmet, which occurs on Every running play in the "no fun league"... if that were the case a penalty can be called on every run... this league has gone down the tubes lately. ? 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I mean you could see why maybe the refs might have made a mistake on the penalty call.  It's bang bang and they're trying to protect guys and could have just missed.  That was my thoughts on it...

Like, after seeing the replay if the refs could have over turned it - they would.

Shoulder to shoulder - pulled up after the hit (didn't drive him further down) --- if that's a finable hit I really don't know what these guys are going to do.  Not sure how to play the game anymore.  

I would be interested to know what he did that was wrong there.  What's the fine for?  Hitting too hard?

It’s weird because it’s not dirty.  In that spot you are are expected to make a big hit.  The WR expects to take one.  It’s football 101. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I mean you could see why maybe the refs might have made a mistake on the penalty call.  It's bang bang and they're trying to protect guys and could have just missed.  That was my thoughts on it...

Like, after seeing the replay if the refs could have over turned it - they would.

Shoulder to shoulder - pulled up after the hit (didn't drive him further down) --- if that's a finable hit I really don't know what these guys are going to do.  Not sure how to play the game anymore.  

I would be interested to know what he did that was wrong there.  What's the fine for?  Hitting too hard?

agree

I thought he led with his shoulder and then their helmets made contact.  I wasn’t surprised that he was flagged but could see how he might not get flagged.  

But a $15,000 dollar fine?  Those kinds of fines to me say blatant or dirty.  Not seeing it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Words

2 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Words

I just feel compelled to tell you both that after reading your back to back posts, all my brain could hear was "Barry McCock in Darnolds Forhead".

I hate you both.

Have a nice weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2