Jump to content

JetNation Shorts; Bam on his 40 time


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Its best for the team to have Breece at around 10-12 touches per game next year and thats once he is back and active, which might not be week 1.  I dont want to waste too much of his rookie contract, especially since he only has 4 years ,but rushing him back and giving him a huge workload, probably isnt the best idea in 2023. 

If Bam continues to play like this, he can easily handle his own 10-12 and Carter can do the same, allowing us to really run the ball at an elite level in 2023 while keeping everyone fresh and hopefully healthy. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BCJet said:

Its best for the team to have Breece at around 10-12 touches per game next year and thats once he is back and active, which might not be week 1.  I dont want to waste too much of his rookie contract, especially since he only has 4 years ,but rushing him back and giving him a huge workload, probably isnt the best idea in 2023. 

If Bam continues to play like this, he can easily handle his own 10-12 and Carter can do the same, allowing us to really run the ball at an elite level in 2023 while keeping everyone fresh and hopefully healthy. 

Breece probably comes back around game 6 next year. Looked at a bunch of players with ACLs and that 10 month window is pretty consistent. He will be able to practice early September spend 4 weeks on IR than two practice weeks and he starts. It seems like it was a "minor" ACL but unlikely he is back that fast. Jets are not going to rush him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Bam can also return punts and kicks so gives us an additional weapon along with Berrios.   It really is too bad they didn't give him a shot earlier in the season, especially when Hall first went down.  

I am thinking one of the "tough" moves we make next is to move on from Berrios. Personally I hope not but Bam offers more than Berrios to the team and we will need some cap relief.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was happy getting this guy as an udfa.

Very happy with the way he looked in camp and happy now of course.

It pays to take a RB semi early if he is a guy like hall who can make a 5 yard play into a 60 yard td.  After that however there are so many good college backs it is easy to hit on a good guy late or in fa.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Bam can also return punts and kicks so gives us an additional weapon along with Berrios.   It really is too bad they didn't give him a shot earlier in the season, especially when Hall first went down.  

Hear this thinking quite a bit.   It’s possible, even quite likely, that he wasn’t playing this way earlier and was being developed into the player we see now.  I seem to recall a comment he made that he was fumbling almost daily until he got it straightened out.  Good chance that’s why he wasn’t playing earlier.   

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Hear this thinking quite a bit.   It’s possible, even quite likely, that he wasn’t playing this way earlier and was being developed into the player we see now.  I seem to recall a comment he made that he was fumbling almost daily until he got it straightened out.  Good chance that’s why he wasn’t playing earlier.   

no the fumbling thing was years ago.

here is an alternative theory

they "coaches" didnt evaluate him properly.  Saleh fresh legs comments is just bs to cover up for cutting him when he was the 2nd best rb on team...duh

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Hear this thinking quite a bit.   It’s possible, even quite likely, that he wasn’t playing this way earlier and was being developed into the player we see now.  I seem to recall a comment he made that he was fumbling almost daily until he got it straightened out.  Good chance that’s why he wasn’t playing earlier.   

There was another part of the interview that discussed that. I guess it was an issue in college. But I say since he isn't complaining about having a practice squad locker, he won't fumble anymore lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Breece probably comes back around game 6 next year. Looked at a bunch of players with ACLs and that 10 month window is pretty consistent. He will be able to practice early September spend 4 weeks on IR than two practice weeks and he starts. It seems like it was a "minor" ACL but unlikely he is back that fast. Jets are not going to rush him. 

Damn that sucks. I hadn't done the math.

He did the surgery later though....I wonder if that changes the timeline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BCJet said:

Its best for the team to have Breece at around 10-12 touches per game next year and thats once he is back and active, which might not be week 1.  I dont want to waste too much of his rookie contract, especially since he only has 4 years ,but rushing him back and giving him a huge workload, probably isnt the best idea in 2023. 

If Bam continues to play like this, he can easily handle his own 10-12 and Carter can do the same, allowing us to really run the ball at an elite level in 2023 while keeping everyone fresh and hopefully healthy. 

Have to think in the Analytics world we live in that is under serious consideration.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Damn that sucks. I hadn't done the math.

He did the surgery later though....I wonder if that changes the timeline.

I think the waiting is what has reduced it to 10 months. I believe it used to be a full year.  Would be nice if my math is wrong but its probably within a game or so.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

no the fumbling thing was years ago.

here is an alternative theory

they "coaches" didnt evaluate him properly.  Saleh fresh legs comments is just bs to cover up for cutting him when he was the 2nd best rb on team...duh

Thanks.  Lol, I don't know why fans can't accept that coaches are human and make mistakes too.  This kid showed in camp that he was different than your run of the mill UDfA.   Glad they weren't so stubborn in their approach after trading for Robinson and give him an opportunity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Thanks.  Lol, I don't know why fans can't accept that coaches are human and make mistakes too.  This kid showed in camp that he was different than your run of the mill UDfA.   Glad they weren't so stubborn in their approach after trading for Robinson and give him an opportunity. 

yeah i have no issues with mistakes either but Saleh comment irked me because I call BS..he always had fresh legs lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...