<<<<<<< Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Vikings loss was crushing. Defense played a hell of a game but this is two weeks in a row without forcing a turnover. 

Vikings game was the one to win. Winning @Buf was never happening. Well, at least until CJ Mosley made a JV high school mistake.

• Upvote 1

It absolutely shouldn’t happen but I can see this happen. Even though things are unfair and against Mike White, he needed to put his stamp on this team and didn’t. It’s on him. I 100% believe in him and want to build around a guy like him. He did not lose this game but he didn’t win it either. 

A few things with White, not sure if he has the arm strength to play in this league long term.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Now the ‘Zach beat Buff, White couldn’t’ narrative in the lead up to Zach starting Sunday.

Had to win last week or this one MW. Good effort but not enough.

I have been firmly in the camp that you must develop folks.

Zach, is not playing well, period and I want to see Wilson play again.... NEXT YEAR, not Now or more particularly next week.

In any event love White's toughness and determination..... we shall see

Just now, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

Yes, I know what the rule for the penalty is.

But what is the point of the penalty?  The NFL says it's to protect the QB.  So they will call 15 yard, game-changing penalties on players like Chris Jones for breathing in Brady's direction, or sacking them to the ground too harshly to "protect the QB", yet are A-OK with a LB torpedoing himself into a lesser QB mid-throw.

It is counterintuitive and ruins the game.

I think it’s mostly for late hits. No need to hit the qb after it’s clearly been thrown and had time to avoid it. Or dirty hits in general 

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This team will be lucky to win another game, regardless of plays QB. Lions are much improved and a loss to them effectively ends our playoff chances.

Have you watched the Jets this year? If you did, you couldn’t possibly think that this team would be “lucky to win another game.”

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

A few things with White, not sure if he has the arm strength to play in this league long term.

He has more than enough arm strength. He processes plays quick and is really smart. It’s worth building around him and cleaning up the other unacceptable stuff that happened this game that had zero to do with him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Guessing that locker room loves Mike White more now than they did coming into the game. 

Not if half of the locker room is posting here in this game thread T...White doesn't have the aim, Zach should be starting next week, I sometimes wonder what people are seeing or what kind of haze they are looking through

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I get rooting for the Cards (although not much hope there), but Jets need to win at least 3 games anyway; why not root for Miami to loose as we have a decent chance of catching them - and we get to play them at the end of the season.

Because they are playing the team that is 1 game behind us and I want them to stay behind us. That's the best chance to get into the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

His passing set up the Bam Knight TD this game. I think this is a bit naive. He needs to ascend, sure, but he's led scoring drives. The team has to be held responsible for some of the dumb sh*t they do, too... MC fumble erased points for us this game.... Berrios dropped the game winner last week.

I like where Mike White is at. He's not perfect, but he's shown a lot of promise. The team is doing dumb sh*t right now that good teams don't do.

It’s just not good enough for the contender that we all want to be. Need to be solid in the red zone. Can blame mlf, the refs etc but right now we’re just not a good red zone team. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The Jets; all in 1 game:

- Almost definitely lost the division.

- Probably lost Quinnen Williams for the year.

- Will probably lose their WC spot.

- May see Zach Wilson again this season, maybe even as early as next week depending on White’s ribs (I’ll probably be taking the girlfriend to Peddlers Village next week if this is the case).

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

His passing set up the Bam Knight TD this game. I think this is a bit naive. He needs to ascend, sure, but he's led scoring drives. The team has to be held responsible for some of the dumb sh*t they do, too... MC fumble erased points for us this game.... Berrios dropped the game winner last week.

I like where Mike White is at. He's not perfect, but he's shown a lot of promise. The team is doing dumb sh*t right now that good teams don't do.

Berrios keeps having his number called despite dropping passes and more importantly not being effective. 

Simple, hold everyone accountable!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

Agreed. The only issue is this is the 2nd straight week this has happened. There is 0 room for error. 

Well, the take-away point is that we're likely not a SB favorite - given the mistakes we're still making. Is what it is. I knew we weren't a SB favorite coming into the season... didn't you?

• Upvote 1

We can’t keep playing for miracles, tough loss

Berrios is just stealing snaps at this point,

JFM is a JAG too

Mosley at least atoned somewhat for his earlier error by coming up with two big plays at the end 

what is CJ Uzomah bringing exactly?

Conklin too needs to do better

Wilson is brilliant, what a player

Zonovan Knight is a boss too

injuries and this team !!?…FFS 

sloppy penalties continue to kill us

we are at least still playing meaningful games in December 

I see your point to an extent, but TD’s win games, the kid needs to put the ball in the end zone, Berrios dropped agreed and MF is not exactly blowing it out of the water, but White has 2 straight losses, no TD’s and at the end of both games, threw the ball out of bounds and failed on 4th down as well. If he can’t throw the deep pass, then he won’t survive in this league.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

It’s just not good enough for the contender that we all want to be. Need to be solid in the red zone. Can blame mlf, the refs etc but right now we’re just not a good red zone team. 

Yea, no argument from me. I'm just saying it's not all on the QB. To your point, we're not a good red zone team.