<<<<<<< Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

5 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

A few things with White, not sure if he has the arm strength to play in this league long term.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That is a good question. However, if he can thrive it will be under an offense like this. It focuses mostly on quick decision making, throwing a receiver open, and reading defenses. These are his strengths.

I do not want to see Zach back next week at QB under any circumstance . . . not after today watching MW show he has real “true grit” and that he won’t quit on the team no matter what even broken ribs!

But I do want to see our Oline block better and provide our QB with enough protection that he doesn’t get really hurt every game for the rest of the season.

18 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I already did. 

Passing up a do or die short yardage when even the best case scenario involves another do or die short yardage situation is just unbelievably stupid. 

The Jets had 4th and 1 in the redzone against a team that can't sell out on either the short yardage due to the situation. A converted snea (80% success rate) + spike gives you three more chances at the endzone from their 8 yard line, a better chance than you're ever likely to get again, and as it played out better than we ever did. It also means that if you miss the 2 point conversion you're still only as bad as the position we ended up in anyways. Every scenario after we kicked it involved us needing a prayer - Huge yardage required against a team selling out to stop the pass, then a 2 pointer on top of that. Laughable that you'd say "going for it assumes you'd make it" when kicking it assumes you'd make the TD + conversion. 

There is no consolation for cutting the score or keeping the game alive longer. That was an objectively better opportunity to put up the points required to tie/win the game. Saleh bottled it.  

• Upvote 1

This team is young. The difference between last year and this year is that the jets could have won today and last week vs the Vikings. Last year, they’d have had zero chance. This team is gaining valuable experience. Growing pains are frustrating in the moment, but if this team can just get a little better, they’ll be a team that can beat anyone.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I’m genuinely curious as to what people watch when they watch White.  In college, he was known as a big armed QB who needed to take some off his fastball for the sake of touch.  He doesn’t have Allen or Zach’s arm, but he has more than enough arm strength to play in the league.

He throws remind of Pennington, has great touch, but can’t see him throwing a deep pass over the top.

• More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Maybe the OL could back up all that love with better pass protection?

I think the free runners are on White. He has to change the protection. White should never line up in empty again. He’s not a threat to run so it’s safe to blitz him through the A gap

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Agreed, but the QB is the leader of the offense. They get most of the praise and also the blame 

Yea, I don't blame the QB, when the other QB and the backup RB fumble the ball. I don't blame the QB for WR drops. I blame the QB for taking bad sacks and throwing bad balls. There was some of that today, but more of the other stuff.

• Upvote 1

I think the free runners are on White. He has to change the protection. White should never line up in empty again. He’s not a threat to run so it’s safe to blitz him through the A gap

Agreed to an extent, but he needs to take off a few times throughout a game as well. Needs to borrow a page from Allen and Zach with the running.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Passing up a do or die short yardage when even the best case scenario involves another do or die short yardage situation is just unbelievably stupid. 

The Jets had 4th and 1 in the redzone against a team that can't sell out on either the short yardage due to the situation. A converted snea (80% success rate) + spike gives you three more chances at the endzone from their 8 yard line, a better chance than you're ever likely to get again, and as it played out better than we ever did. It also means that if you miss the 2 point conversion you're still only as bad as the position we ended up in anyways. Every scenario after we kicked it involved us needing a prayer - Huge yardage required against a team selling out to stop the pass, then a 2 pointer on top of that. Laughable that you'd say "going for it assumes you'd make it" when kicking it assumes you'd make the conversion. 

There is no consolation for cutting the score or keeping the game alive longer. That was an objectively better opportunity to put up the points required to tie/win the game. Saleh bottled it.  

Guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. He put the team in a position to tie the game and it came down to execution. 

4 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I do not want to see Zach back next week at QB under any circumstance . . . not after today watching MW show he has real “true grit” and that he won’t quit on the team no matter what even broken ribs!

But I do want to see our Oline block better and provide our QB with enough protection that he doesn’t get really hurt every game for the rest of the season.

And if White can't go? Flacco? Strev?

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

This team is young. The difference between last year and this year is that the jets could have won today and last week vs the Vikings. Last year, they’d have had zero chance. This team is gaining valuable experience. Growing pains are frustrating in the moment, but if this team can just get a little better, they’ll be a team that can beat anyone.

... and healthier.

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m genuinely curious as to what people watch when they watch White.  In college, he was known as a big armed QB who needed to take some off his fastball for the sake of touch.  He doesn’t have Allen or Zach’s arm, but he has more than enough arm strength to play in the league.

Yea, to think I took this guy seriously last week in debating the game.. The weak arm takes expose a whole different level of absurdity.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Purdy just took a shot and popped back up. White needs to figure the at part out. Every games he played he’s gotten hurt it seems

I'm watching the game, not even comparable hits...but I love you.  Are you a steel cage fight by chance? 

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

3 huge gafs really cost the Jets this game, neither team played particularly well but these changed the game:

- Mosley biting on the fake snap - led to a TD

- Flacco fumble - gift wrapped a FG

- Carter fumble - ruined the comeback opportunity

@Green Ghost thinks it was a great play!