<<<<<<< Jets vs Bills -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Crazy that there's 4 games left. The past 2 weeks sucked, felt winnable, but the Pats games are why we're feeling gloom and doom right now... I think we can turn the tides.

The Berrios drop is the killer, he catches that ball, and today's loss doesnt hurt nearly as bad, on your feels and the standings. 

• Upvote 2

Seems like you're only blaming the QB. Pretty obviously, really.

Wrong, he’s part of the problem with 2 straight losses. You like to use “it’s everyone but my kid”excuse which works for your narrative. You can’t answer simple questions and deflect to blame the rest of the team (as I agree to an extent) but praise White as if he plays a perfect game!

* WHO THREW 2 STRAIGHT PASSES 2 WEEKS IN A ROW TO END THE GAME? (3rd down passes out of bounds, 4th down Int/batted pass) The answer is Mike White, he gets part of the blame for both losses as such.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Am I the one defending CJ Mosley?

One more time… I’m not defending defending him.

You kept saying the loss was all on him. You made about 5 posts in the IGT alluding to that.
So I’m calling you out for that, and you keep doubling down and acting like a child.

Not a good look, my man.

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Well, I have never said White has to prove stuff, but the reason people are talking about ZW's potential for several reasons; the biggest is that he has tremendous arm talent and potential; we have also spent the #2 pick on him, so...

White OTOH has shown that while his ceiling isn't as high as ZW's, he floor is clearly higher and his floor is looking like an NFL caliber starter.

Eh, I guess I've never been one to worry too much about the arm. I figure it's table-stakes... I always begin my evaluation of QBs with the mental makeup for playing the position. To me, White exceeds Zach's potential exponentially. His head for the game allows him to get the most out of his physical ability, perhaps more.. Zach cannot get anything out of his physical ability, because he has no game smarts at all.

I get why people have this bias. I don't agree with it or thing it's even well-informed.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JiFields said:

3 huge gafs really cost the Jets this game, neither team played particularly well but these changed the game:

- Mosley biting on the fake snap - led to a TD

- Flacco fumble - gift wrapped a FG

- Carter fumble - ruined the comeback opportunity

Yep - football is a game of critical plays and critical mistakes. The jets made the 3 killer mistakes today 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mike has shown a ton of promise. Not quite putting the team on his back, but darn close... the team should really stop with the stupid penalties, drops, and fix the ball security. 

How many offensive drives started 1st and 20 today because of penalties?

How many promising drives ended because of fumbles? Or interceptions (and near interceptions) the past 2 weeks because our WRs bat the ball up into the air?

How many drops have we seen the past 2 weeks?

How many simply stupid plays have we seen?

There comes a point where no caliber of QB is going to offset all of this at once. 

I think we’re seeing a bunch of warts that were obscured when we could simply say “they have no QB.” Not that White is setting the world on fire, but he’s been passable and we’re seeing other parts of the team get exposed. Wins with Zach felt like Hail Marys. Now that they’re expected to win, the scrutiny gets a lot more intense. Saleh, LaFleur, and even Ulbrich have to rally here.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What sucks is that they go empty as a means to get Berrios on the field and the more Berrios plays, the more he’s exposed as an inadequate receiving option. 

He runs clean routs, but often does not come up with the catch.  We saw that last week when he ran that hot rout and dropped the potential game winning ball after having both hands on the ball.  I'm thinking it is less love for Berrios and more about LeFleur trying making a defense cover the entire field.  Dunno... 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Berrios, once again, can be thanked for that, since he let a slant pattern TD go through his hands and doink off of his facemask, one week removed from letting the ground knock a ball out of his hands.

Yup.

1 minute ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

It was a horrible decision to throw that ball into triple coverage 

And yet, the ball was there and the defenders didn't defend the pass... it hit him in the face. It was a catchable ball if you catch with your hands. Even moreso if you can use your body to box out defenders.

Risky throw? Sure. The throw wasn't the reason the ball was incomplete though. Neither was the defense.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

One more time… I’m not defending defending him.

You kept saying the loss was all on him. You made about 5 posts in the IGT alluding to that.
So I’m calling you out for that, and you keep doubling down and acting like a child.

Not a good look, my man.

Mosley's idiotic play  >is<  the #1 reason we lost this game.

Just now, Mogglez said:

What does that have to do with Berrios costing Mike White and the offense 2 touchdowns in two weeks?

That stuff happens all the time. There were other throws he missed in the red zone. There also should have been more red zone drives instead of relying on field goals last week. Plus being mostly incapable of getting there this week. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup.

And yet, the ball was there and the defenders didn't defend the pass... it hit him in the face. It was a catchable ball if you catch with your hands. Even moreso if you can use your body to box out defenders.

Risky throw? Sure. The throw wasn't the reason the ball was incomplete though. Neither was the defense.

It’s crazy because the lone feature of Berrios is that he 1. Can catch punts and 2. Has great hands. He’s been a disaster the past few weeks

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s crazy because the lone feature of Berrios is that he 1. Can catch punts and 2. Has great hands. He’s been a disaster the past few weeks

Unmitigated. 

He honestly shouldn't even be part of the redzone offense. We're targeting him over both TEs, Mims, Davis, etc. I mean???

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I’d be more concerned if they can’t score next week at home.  The bills and Vikings on the road are not the best games to evaluate the qb.  

Minnesota was the perfect game to evaluate any QB.  A loud atmosphere, good opponent, and a defense that is giving up a minimum 400 yards every week. 

Last week will come back and bite us down the line. 

MW is one tough SOB but it concerns me the way he opens up to the pass rushers before he throws the ball. I think he needs to learn to just get rid of it and not take so many hits or just go down. Some times he lets it fly and gets hit - that's fine. It's the other times  when he backs up a bit and brings his front foot to the side and puts himself in a wide open position so he can get drilled in the chest. He has to recognize it's better to live for another down than get knocked out of the game. He hasn't started and finished many games without leaving it for a bit or getting knocked out. He should call Tammy for some advice. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

That stuff happens all the time. There were other throws he missed in the red zone. There also should have been more red zone drives instead of relying on field goals last week. Plus being mostly incapable of getting there this week. 

I’d like you to find me a good number of instances where a WR catches a pass, goes down untouched, has the ball pop out, costing the team a TD one week, and then follows it up the next week by letting a perfect TD pass go through his hands, causing the pass to smack him in his face.  Neither team had a ton of Red Zone drives today.  Mike White and Jets went tit-for-tat with Buffalo in the Red Zone, but didn’t get the turnover that Buffalo got, or the drive extending stupid penalty that Mosley gave them.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Unmitigated. 

He honestly shouldn't even be part of the redzone offense. We're targeting him over both TEs, Mims, Davis, etc. I mean???

Makes no sense. I’d rather line Ruckert up in that role and see what happens. At least in that situation, they could motion Ruckert into the backfield to block.

• Upvote 2