Did MW do enough to keep ZW from starting next week?

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Mike White is not the reason this team is 1-2 with him starting. This team has to start prepared on offense. I'm sick of the slow starts. MW probably has a small amount of reason for this but it's not near the top of the list of problems. The Jets scored more 1st half points in the 2nd meeting agains the Pats than today. Jets aren't going to win many games playing catchup. MLF has to playcall better. I think he played a big part of the offense's struggles when ZW was QBing too, although Wilson wasn't doing much with good playcalling either. Either way, 12 points isn't good enough unless you're playing the Broncos. They have to be better. 

The defense has struggled too. Didn't too a bad job today though, only allowing 20 points on a team averaging 7-8 more points each game. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

MLF been playing small ball until we are down. By that time, the game is down to possessions

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This was obvious to everyone in the western world except the new york jets.  Having him as backup is idiotic and you get what you deserve.

Just a few days ago people here were saying MW and JF were out two good QB’s, 

3 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

After the Lions game, its a short week with the Thursday nighter against the Jaguars so there is no way for the Jets to go back to Zach then.  This really all should be moot because Zach shouldn't see the field for the rest of the year.

I would disagree. His ability to play within the offense are rooted in footwork, and they think part of that is due to the time he spends studying rather than maintaining… some have said he puts too much work on film prep and trying to be ahead of the defense, not enough just playing within the timing & rhythm of the offense. I think they would generalize that a short week would be best for him. Just go out and play without overthinking what the opponent is trying to do to you (if Mike White comes out of the DET game healthy and earns the right to play JAX the following week)

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

MLF been playing small ball until we are down. By that time, the game is down to possessions

Yup. LaFleur has been terrible these past 2 games. Some of these run plays are so damn predictable its painful to watch - then the RB takes a 2 yard loss with 3 defenders all over him. Enough already. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I would disagree. His ability to play within the offense are rooted in footwork, and they think part of that is due to the time he spends studying rather than maintaining… some have said he puts too much work on film prep and trying to be ahead of the defense, not enough just playing within the timing & rhythm of the offense. I think they would generalize that a short week would be best for him. Just go out and play without overthinking what the opponent is trying to do to you (if Mike White comes out of the DET game healthy and earns the right to play JAX the following week)

I could see that point, but the coaching staff took the exact opposite approach when he was coming back from the knee injury, stating he needed a full week of practice and be 110% before returning.  I understand its an apples and oranges comparison because he is out for a different reason now, but I just think the coaching staff will want Zach to have a full week of practice as QB1 before returning.

All that said, I don't think Mike White gives him an opportunity to step back on the field.  I think we go 2-0 over the next 2 games with White looking the part.  

Just now, Barton said:

Yup. LaFleur has been terrible these past 2 games. Some of these run plays are so damn predictable its painful to watch - then the RB takes a 2 yard loss with 3 defenders all over him. Enough already. 

Totally. Outrageous.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Yes, he has done enough to play as long as he is healthy. He has also played well enough to have a shot at the #1 QB spot next year.

While he is a tough dude, the injuries are concerning. Like I posted in the other thread, he has been injured in 4 of his 6 starts. And he frequently looks like he is in pain when he gets hit. We need to add another veteran who can also start to the QB room as White's durability has to be a concern. He needs to add some clean weight to his frame if possible. 

I feel the same way.  If he can bulk up a little and protect himself better, he could definitely win the starting quarterback job next season.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

I could see that point, but the coaching staff took the exact opposite approach when he was coming back from the knee injury, stating he needed a full week of practice and be 110% before returning.  I understand its an apples and oranges comparison because he is out for a different reason now, but I just think the coaching staff will want Zach to have a full week of practice as QB1 before returning.

All that said, I don't think Mike White gives him an opportunity to step back on the field.  I think we go 2-0 over the next 2 games with White looking the part.  

I think that was merely out of precaution for the injury. They’re operating a week ahead, and they will pretermine how he approaches this week tonight/tomorrow morning. My guess is they will make him available this week, but I haven’t heard anything 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Someone who is not on the team right now.  Who is your answer?  Mike White?  2-5 in his career 8 tds 10 ints

WTF

MW “lost” the Colts game?  And which other?

He’s 2-3

Beat:

CIN

CHI

Lost to:

BUF

MIN

BUF

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitMi01.htm

• Upvote 1

It’s MW until the Jets are out playoff contention or injuries force Salehs hand in my opinion. These were road games, in places that are tough to play in, against teams who are not only at the top of their divisions, but at the top of the league in general. Sounds like a good playoff test to me.

I would take being one score/drive (and in the Vikes game, one dropped catch) away from winning a playoff game any day of the week. And He made a few clutch throws to get them in both games to put them in a position to win, but couldn’t seal the deal. Neither of these losses are on White, but neither are the wins obviously. He needs to be in these situations, and they need to see how he responds down the stretch.

Also, not to simp for White too much, neither of todays turnovers were on him. Imagine if it was the Bills who fumbled twice or Josh Allen who left the field for a quarter. I think we are talking about different games. Every game from here on out is winnable. I want to see White get the nod in all of them to see what he is really made of. And somehow I think Saleh views it that way too

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Yeetin It said:

It’s MW until the Jets are out playoff contention or injuries force Salehs hand in my opinion. These were road games, in places that are tough to play in, against teams who are not only at the top of their divisions, but at the top of the league in general. Sounds like a good playoff test to me.

I would take being one score/drive (and in the Vikes game, one dropped catch) away from winning a playoff game any day of the week. And He made a few clutch throws to get them in both games to put them in a position to win, but couldn’t seal the deal. Neither of these losses are on White, but neither are the wins obviously. He needs to be in these situations, and they need to see how he responds down the stretch.

Also, not to simp for White too much, neither of todays turnovers were on him. Imagine if it was the Bills who fumbled twice or Josh Allen who left the field for a quarter. I think we are talking about different games. Every game from here on out is winnable. I want to see White get the nod in all of them to see what he is really made of. And somehow I think Saleh views it that way too

Listen lets just hope MW is healthy enougth to start next week.  Have my fingers crossed but he took a real beating today. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Yes, he has done enough to play as long as he is healthy. He has also played well enough to have a shot at the #1 QB spot next year.

While he is a tough dude, the injuries are concerning. Like I posted in the other thread, he has been injured in 4 of his 6 starts. And he frequently looks like he is in pain when he gets hit. We need to add another veteran who can also start to the QB room as White's durability has to be a concern. He needs to add some clean weight to his frame if possible. 

Speaking of durability, how in the ever loving f*** do we draft Frail Zach Wilson?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Can anyone of you guys who wants Zach Wilson to play again this year produce a list of people employed by the Jets who would want to see Zach Wilson play again this year? Who’s motivated to do such a thing? Clearly not Saleh. Absolutely not the players. LaFleur would rather quit than suffer through any more Zach games. Woody Johnson maybe, because he signs the checks? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

I think he did enough to start next week but it's going to be his last shot. If he goes 0-3 then it's going to be hard for the staff to justify giving him another start. His toughness is admirable but it's very concerning how often he gets hurt. He needs to steal Zachs personal chef in the off season and gain 20lbs.

No he’s playing great, it’s others that are losing the game. Buckle up White is the Jets QB for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 1