Did MW do enough to keep ZW from starting next week?

I think he did enough to start next week but it's going to be his last shot. If he goes 0-3 then it's going to be hard for the staff to justify giving him another start. His toughness is admirable but it's very concerning how often he gets hurt. He needs to steal Zachs personal chef in the off season and gain 20lbs.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Someone who is not on the team right now.  Who is your answer?  Mike White?  2-5 in his career 8 tds 10 ints

lol.  So who is that?

White is my answer, yes.  A mostly homegrown product (for 3 years, which is most of his career) who is still developing, the team clearly likes and plays well for, and who just threw for nearly twice as many yards as the great Josh Allen, despite busted ribs for a good portion of it. 

Berrios doesn't drop that TD against Minnesota and Carter doesn't fumble today (even if we still go on to lose) and we're having a VERY different outlook on White's career to date.

Mike White is my guy but I am also open to adding Minshew as the QB1b to compete and drafting a QB in the middle rounds.  Meanwhile, fire Zach Wilson into the sun for all I care.

I've given my argument.  Now tell me who your guy is and why.  Saying "White isn't it" over and over is just lazy.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  So who is that?

White is my answer, yes.  A homegrown product who is still developing, the team clearly likes and who just threw for nearly twice as many yards as the great Josh Allen, despite busted ribs for a good portion of it. 

Berrios doesn't drop that TD against Minnesota and Carter doesn't fumble today (even if we still lost) and we're having a VERY different outlook on White's career to date.

Mike White is my guy but I am also open to adding Minshew as the QB1b to compete and drafting a QB in the middle rounds.  Meanwhile, fire Zach Wilson into the sun for all I care.

I've given my argument.  Now tell me who your guy is and why.  

I'll let you know in the off season when I see who is available.  Or better yet I might let the actual GM do the work on that.

White version 2 is the same as White version 1, great game, then gets hurt ans loses games.  If White takes the team to the playoffs then of course he is the odds on guy to start as #1 next year but the jets still need to add another QB even if they keep both white and wilson.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

I think he did enough to start next week but it's going to be his last shot. If he goes 0-3 then it's going to be hard for the staff to justify giving him another start. His toughness is admirable but it's very concerning how often he gets hurt. He needs to steal Zachs personal chef in the off season and gain 20lbs.

It would be MUCH harder to justify choosing Zack Wilson over a healthy Mike White (unless/until we're out of the playoff picture).

If White is hurt and the option is Wilson vs. Flacco?  I have to assume we go Wilson, but even that I'm not 100% sure of . . .

Just now, Beerfish said:

I'll let you know in the off season when I see who is available.  Or better yet I might let the actual GM do the work on that.

White version 2 is the same as White version 1, great game, then gets hurt ans loses games.  If White takes the team to the playoffs then of course he is the odds on guy to start as #1 next year but the jets still need to add another QB even if they keep both white and wilson.

Lazy a$$ and cowardly take.  There are plenty of guys we know will likely be available to be able to make a call like that.  Hell, even football guy had the balls to put his name on Aaron Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

If there's anything you can say about Saleh, it's that he has no problem benching a player for extended periods of time even if it's a supposed starter the team drafted. I don't think he's looking for an excuse to bring ZW back and his future with the team is clearly not tied to ZW emerging as a successful starter. 

It's going to be more troubling to see Flacco remain as backup because Flacco sucks and that really says something about how little they think of ZW right now. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lazy a$$ and cowardly take.  There are plenty of guys we know will likely be available to be able to make a call like that.  Hell, even football guy had the balls to put his name on Aaron Rodgers.

Tone it down, mate.  He's entitled to his take without being personally insulted for it.

• Post of the Week 3

17 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Yes, he has done enough to play as long as he is healthy. He has also played well enough to have a shot at the #1 QB spot next year.

While he is a tough dude, the injuries are concerning. Like I posted in the other thread, he has been injured in 4 of his 6 starts. And he frequently looks like he is in pain when he gets hit. We need to add another veteran who can also start to the QB room as White's durability has to be a concern. He needs to add some clean weight to his frame if possible. 

I think that there is a good chance MFW will NOT be able to play next week. He probably has broken Ribs. He was sent to the hospital.

WHO WILL  QB?

1 minute ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Then disagree with the take, don't insult it.

If its a bad, lazy take, it deserves an insult.  He's adamant that White isn't the guy but can't pick one QB out of the numerous that should spring free this offseason, or in the draft, that he's in support of adding?  F that.  Lazy and cowardly.  

I think White IS the guy and I even mentioned adding Minshew.  It really isn't that hard.

• Thumb Down 1

The difference in this game was Allen's legs.  Zach loses today, but his taking off and running in the first matchup was huge.  It was the first time he stopped running backwards and actually moved the chains.  

Mobility is so huge in today's game especially against the Bills when they drop everyone.