Did MW do enough to keep ZW from starting next week?

I didn’t watch the game I had to follow on Gamecast when I could. Jets stilll can’t score in red zone only 10 points on offense today. But White deserves the start vs the Lions next week and based on what we’ve seen so far no reason he can’t have a good game against a weaker defense than he’s faced. The Lions are playing well but we have a much better defense. As for Flacco he did ok when he started and can’t blame him for getting hit and fumbling today there were sacks on both sides including on Allen the best running Qb in the NFL. But Zach has been in purgatory for 3 straight games and unless there are still issues with teammates or a strategy it seems counterproductive if Zach has any kind of future with the Jets. Look they gave up on Darnold after only 3 seasons are they doing the same with Zach only in his second season. 

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can anyone of you guys who wants Zach Wilson to play again this year produce a list of people employed by the Jets who would want to see Zach Wilson play again this year? Who’s motivated to do such a thing? Clearly not Saleh. Absolutely not the players. LaFleur would rather quit than suffer through any more Zach games. Woody Johnson maybe, because he signs the checks? 

How are you defining employed by the Jets? Does an owner of a psl count?

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Of course he will start, he is still not the answer but he will start for the rest of the year.

He took 1 really big hit and like 10 others hits. He was grimacing the whole game. He's hurt. I'd be shocked he plays next week. He's got battered ribs and was put in hospital after the game.  Unless he's 100% reall quick which aint happening, I'd activate Streveler fast and get him #1 reps for the week. I don't think there is any semblance of an idea they think Zach has matured where they feel comfortable putting him in there right now. Flacco is not an option. I don't get how he is the back up at this point. Senseless. 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Much of today was pretty much like Wilson against the Pats in the same crappy weather. But white came out in the second half and played better and showed toughness. He is the guy.  Zero question. 

The only QB change should be making Flacco inactive. Wilson or Streveler should be given the chance to be active. 

I think Wilson will be #2 next week with Career backup CFL guy the #3

2 hours ago, football guy said:

First things first, people in the know originally said that Zach would be elevated to backup before he starts again (barring injuries). The earliest they were going to have him return to the starting lineup was against the Lions, but being that he wasn’t active lead me to believe that the Jacksonville game would be next. 

My guess is Zach will be the backup by default next week because the OL is a major problem right now and they will need his athleticism if White can’t play through or reinjures it. As far as a QB change is concerned, there’s no way they’re pulling White out of the starting lineup if he’s capable of playing this week… if they were worried about the locker room splintering before, you would really have a revolt if you sat him after he played through injury against the Bills.

And if not Jacksonville, Seattle and if not Seattle, Miami and if not Miami, maybe the wildcard if they make it and if not the wildcard if they make it, then maybe the Snoopy Bowl! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I think he did but does this loss give Saleh and JD the excuse they need to bring ZW in?

I think it is time to activate the Strev..if MW can go let Zach keep working on his game.  Inactivate Flacco.  If MW cant go thats a tough call as I think the benching probably messed Zach up even more.

lol.  So who is that?
White is my answer, yes.  A mostly homegrown product (for 3 years, which is most of his career) who is still developing, the team clearly likes and plays well for, and who just threw for nearly twice as many yards as the great Josh Allen, despite busted ribs for a good portion of it. 
Berrios doesn't drop that TD against Minnesota and Carter doesn't fumble today (even if we still go on to lose) and we're having a VERY different outlook on White's career to date.
Mike White is my guy but I am also open to adding Minshew as the QB1b to compete and drafting a QB in the middle rounds.  Meanwhile, fire Zach Wilson into the sun for all I care.
I've given my argument.  Now tell me who your guy is and why.  Saying "White isn't it" over and over is just lazy.  
I don't think you can say White is still developing at 26 with 5 years under his belt .. without giving ZW more time too ... ZW is 22? And only has 1.5 years experience.

Both guys are developing.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I don't think you can say White is still developing at 26 with 5 years under his belt .. without giving ZW more time too ... ZW is 22? And only has 1.5 years experience.

Zach Wilson stinks
Bot post 394.

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Zach Wilson is developing a splinter from the bench.  But sure, let's pretend he's got a chance to be something with the Jets.  

• Haha 2

Zach Wilson is developing a splinter from the bench.  But sure, let's pretend he's got a chance to be something with the Jets.  
... not gonna get into a spitting contest ... But what you described ZW doing is exactly what MW has been doing .. but for 3+ years.

• More Ugh 2

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... not gonna get into a spitting contest ... But what you described ZW doing is exactly what MW has been doing .. but for 3+ years.

Are we just gonna forget that the Bengals game happened last year?  He really hasn't been sitting THAT long, especially for a midround pick that typically sits for a while early on in his career regardless.  Are you suggesting Wilson should have been given midround pick treatment?  Because on that we'd agree, since Wilson has proven to look like a midround project QB in this league to date.

Meanwhile, sitting hasn't been proven to do much for QBs.  I kind of established that with this thread:

Even if it does, this is working backwards.  Wilson played, failed, and is now sitting.  You have to show at least something when you get your shot in this league.  Wilson hasn't. 

Sitting now isn't gonna help him much without a historically unprecedented turnaround and, likely, a big personality change.  Unless you're willing to wait 10 years like the league did for Geno Smith, that juice isn't worth the squeeze.

• Upvote 1

Are we just gonna forget that the Bengals game happened last year?  He really hasn't been sitting THAT long, especially for a midround pick that typically sits for a while early on in his career regardless.  Are you suggesting Wilson should have been given midround pick treatment?  Because on that we'd agree, since Wilson has proven to look like a midround project QB in this league to date.
Meanwhile, sitting hasn't been proven to do much for QBs.  I kind of established that with this thread:

Even if it does, this is working backwards.  Wilson played, failed, and is now sitting.  You have to show at least something when you get your shot in this league.  Wilson hasn't. 
Sitting now isn't gonna help him much without a historically unprecedented turnaround and, likely, a big personality change.  Unless you're willing to wait 10 years like the league did for Geno Smith, that juice isn't worth the squeeze.
Wilson has shown a helluva lot more than nothing ... But I will agree that he has played tremendously poorly as of late. And think he would not have gotten better with more playing time. I think Saleh made a genius move pulling him completely in order to give him one more shot to see if he can play ... I always thought we would not see him again until training camp.

Mike White has not elevated himself beyond backup until this year ...Bengals game was amazing ... He caught ... But you have to objectively acknowledge that the kid while courageous and tough, ... Has some serious weaknesses too. I have been impressed by his short/mid game ... His decisiveness and the velocity on this throws ... But he seems brittle as **** and doesn't throw deep ever.

Bare minimum there is a competition in camp next summer.

19 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I think he did but does this loss give Saleh and JD the excuse they need to bring ZW in?

Oh No 90S GIF by Acorn TV

Another one… just like the @Alka thread.

What makes you guys think you’re breaking new ground starting these threads? 
You really don’t notice the other 15 or 20 threads where you could post this stuff, or do you honestly believe what you wrote here is more compelling than anything there?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wilson has shown a helluva lot more than nothing ... But I will agree that he has played tremendously poorly as of late. And think he would not have gotten better with more playing time. I think Saleh made a genius move pulling him completely in order to give him one more shot to see if he can play ... I always thought we would not see him again until training camp.

Mike White has not elevated himself beyond backup until this year ...Bengals game was amazing ... He caught emoji298.png ... But you have to objectively acknowledge that the kid while courageous and tough, ... Has some serious weaknesses too. I have been impressed by his short/mid game ... His decisiveness and the velocity on this throws ... But he seems brittle as **** and doesn't throw deep ever.

Bare minimum there is a competition in camp next summer.

I don't think Lefluer dials up many "deep" passes. 20 yards the most. That's not a QB thing. Didn't happen much with Zach/Flacco either.

The Jets dominated the Bills in most statistical categories, including time of possession and 3rd down conversions.

Jets under MW converted 8 of 17 on 3rd down.  Bills were 2 of 13.

The difference in the game was the clueless CJ Mosley play and the 2 lost fumbles (Flacco, MC)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/401437889

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Oh No 90S GIF by Acorn TV

Another one… just like the @Alka thread.

What makes you guys think you’re breaking new ground starting these threads? 
You really don’t notice the other 15 or 20 threads where you could post this stuff, or do you honestly believe what you wrote here is more compelling than anything there?

I don't see moderator after your screen name so your opinion means exactly zero to me and the many others who have commented.  You are free to ignore the thread instead of trying to stifle the discussion.. 

22 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

The game was lost in the trenches. The Oline and running game got us the win in the first game with that amazing 4th quarter drive (just run the ball). The turnover battle did not favor us this game either (I believe we were +2 in the first game and -2 this game?)

White missed a couple throws, but overall, had a good performance.

I do believe the change will be made if / when Zach has demonstrated he can play better, not if / when White struggles.