Big Shout Out Too ......

Smashmouth

Preseason playoffs were NOT a mandate, only tangible progress.

At this point of the season if we want to be contenders next year I think we HAVE TO close out with a playoff birth…gain that confidence and build a winning foundation for next year.

The next 4 games won’t be easy but they’re winnable.

3 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This MW fan club is die hard I’ll give you that. Why should he be the starter next year? Why not bring in a vet FA? Or trade for one?

Why not ?  Because this team likes MW he's a damn good QB who gives everything he's got as evidenced in todays damn game and by doing anything else other than starting MW next year would be dreadfully stupid . 

This could be the single dumbest post I have read in weeks hell you're giving jetson's and the other butt hurt buffon's a run for their money and you have no basis for it.

This is not about a Mike White fan club this is about the best QB on this roster going out and moving this team and said team loves playing hard for him. This is NOT about pretty boy or free agents.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Preseason playoffs were NOT a mandate, only tangible progress.

At this point of the season if we want to be contenders next year I think we HAVE TO close out with a playoff birth…gain that confidence and build a winning foundation for next year.

The next 4 games won’t be easy but they’re winnable.

Make no mistake this team is young and currently beating itself that includes the players and the coaches. We are better deeper and more talented that the teams we are losing too. As we grow as a team that will start to fade and this team will start beating the hell out of these teams. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Why not ?  Because this team likes MW he's a damn good QB who gives everything he's got as evidenced in todays damn game and by doing anything else other than starting MW next year would be dreadfully stupid . 

This could be the single dumbest post I have read in weeks hell you're giving jetson's and the other butt hurt buffon's a run for their money and you have no basis for it.

This is not about a Mike White fan club this is about the best QB on this roster going out and moving this team and said team loves playing hard for him. This is NOT about pretty boy or free agents.

How is he a good qb?? He hasn’t scored a passing td in 2/3 games. Sure he’s above what we’ve had in complete trash, but not good. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that’s what we’re trying to see here—is Mike White good enough to let us avoid paying Derek Carr or Garoppolo, etc? Is Mike White good enough to be worth developing in 2023? Mostly, is Mike White good enough to let Douglas move on from Zach Wilson and take the cap hit? I don’t think they’ll go into 2023 with both White and Zach, so it’s really about deciding which one they want to commit resources to, if it’s either of them.

Mike white is a FA next year and if he’s being paid to start he’ll likely be in the 20 mil range. Is he worth that much in your opinion?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Mike White if healthy should start the rest of the way ? but he should not be considered for starter next season we need an upgrade over him AND Wilson badly, White can be the backup sure.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Mike white is a FA next year and if he’s being paid to start he’ll likely be in the 20 mil range. Is he worth that much in your opinion?

Mariota got $10M per year to start and Winston got $14M per year.

A smart GM builds incentives into the contract for a player with a limited starting history.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Make no mistake this team is young and currently beating itself that includes the players and the coaches. We are better deeper and more talented that the teams we are losing too. As we grow as a team that will start to fade and this team will start beating the hell out of these teams. 

Yeah because that’s how the Jets always go when they have a talented roster and morons in charge, I’ve seen this movie before some idiot will ruin and blow this thing up right after we just fall short.

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Carter , Mosley and Flacco for costing us this game. The Flacco play was the worst knowing the pocket was collapsing on him and he still fumbled it away instead of protecting the ball. Zach needs to be elevated too number 2 and Flacco needs to be cut no one needs that kind of mentor . Streveler can be #3 possibly even number 2.

How many games can this team hand out ?

Any Jet Fan who says anyone other than Mike White should be the QB of this franchise moving forward is an Idiot that includes trades or any other idiotic idea's . And Yes he should also be the QB starting next year.

On the bright side this team can make the playoffs as a WC since now the division is out of reach .... then its zero - zero again BUFFALO and we will be coming for you Josh Allen.

Even Brighter next year this team will be a Super Bowl Contender .

P.S. LeFleur needs to stop handing the ball to Michael Carter inside the damn tackles. He a 3rd Down/Receiving back and that's all he will ever be. I think Carter had 6 yards Rushing and Knight was really starting to roll so why not feed the hot hand with the damn game on the line. A fumble is a fumble sh*t happens but Carter is just not cut out to run the ball inside and he never was.

White has won 3 friggin games in this league, he has lost his last two critical games.  I agree with most of your post but this whole sale love mike white, he is THE one after a good game vs frigin chicago is absurd.  The fact that Wilson and flacco are horrid does not make white the sudden saviour QB. 

White is getting his big chance, we were in a playoff spot when he took over, if he keeps us there he is probably the starter going in to next year but if he doesn't all bets are off.  In any case even if we have white and wilson next year they have to go out and get another viable guy,  Preferably a guy that can run.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Mariota got $10M per year to start and Winston got $14M per year.

A smart GM builds incentives into the contract for a player with a limited starting history.

Two teams who have 9 wins combined. They weren’t willing to pay for a decent starter which neither of them are and the falcons drafted a qb this year. Both of those qbs are bad and aren’t even starting anymore. 

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Two teams who have 9 wins combined. They weren’t willing to pay for a decent starter which neither of them are and the falcons drafted a qb this year. Both of those qbs are bad and aren’t even starting anymore. 

They are benchmark contracts for a starter who has question marks.  With White you build some upside into a contract but teams aren’t just going to hand him $25m to come and start. 

Just now, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

They are benchmark contracts for a starter who has question marks.  With White you build some upside into a contract but teams aren’t just going to hand him $25m to come and start. 

It’s happened plenty of times before. Jimmy g, Brock oswieler, Nick foles just off the top of my head 

Listen, that penalty was dumb and embarrassing for him. Turnovers are a part of the game and a credit to the defense on a slippery day. Our guys didn't get any. End of story.  Would this have happened of Flacco didn't come in or Bam didn't need a breather? Probably not. Them the breaks.

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

It depends how he looks in this upcoming stretch. Does he get us to the playoffs and look alright along the way? If so, I’d try to sign him to a Jameis show-me contract: 2/$28mm with oodles of incentives. If he doesn’t improve and it’s spotty the rest of the way, there won’t be much of a market for him anyway, so you can play it by ear. IMO, the ideal situation for 23 is White+Veteran insurance guy, and if it all falls apart, go into the 24 draft ready to draft a QB. 

• Upvote 2

Guys that will be/could be available:

Garoppolo, Derek Carr, Minshew, Brady, Daniel Jones.   Out of those guys, only Garoppolo and Carr would interest me.

Aaaron Rodgers would be enticing depending on the compensation.  A wildcard could be Carson Wentz in an open competition with Mike White

Just now, T0mShane said:

It depends how he looks in this upcoming stretch. Does he get us to the playoffs and look alright along the way? If so, I’d try to sign him to a Jameis show-me contract: 2/$28mm with oodles of incentives. If he doesn’t improve and it’s spotty the rest of the way, there won’t be much of a market for him anyway, so you can play it by ear. IMO, the ideal situation for 23 is White+Veteran insurance guy, and if it all falls apart, go into the 24 draft ready to draft a QB. 

I agree with the first part of white turns it around and we rally for a playoff spot then sure I’d be cool with 14 a year if that’s possible. Seems low, but who knows. If we continue to lose why pay him and a vet? We’re stuck with zachs contract at 10 mil unless he’s traded, then white who will be what like another 10? Then another vet who will be wildly varying depending on quality say between 5-25. Id rather just sign a good vet at that point instead of white and a meh vet. 

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

White has won 3 friggin games in this league, he has lost his last two critical games.  I agree with most of your post but this whole sale love mike white, he is THE one after a good game vs frigin chicago is absurd.  The fact that Wilson and flacco are horrid does not make white the sudden saviour QB. 

White is getting his big chance, we were in a playoff spot when he took over, if he keeps us there he is probably the starter going in to next year but if he doesn't all bets are off.  In any case even if we have white and wilson next year they have to go out and get another viable guy,  Preferably a guy that can run.

Well here's this you go out and find "THE" QB who can throw it, run it , catch it for his WR's, and Not fumble it for his RB's . Mike White did his Job today and he stood tough in the pocket and took huge hits to get the ball away. If we don't make the mistakes we did today Buffalo would have been lucky to get 200 yards of total offense. We gave this game away like the others we gave away this year  with stupid penalties and stupid turnovers. 

Carter was terrible today and terrible at picking up the blitz as well he had 6 yards running the ball but at a critical time in the game with White once again driving this team to score his fumble was the dagger. Zonovan Knight should have been getting every carry in that 4th quarter because he was actually gaining yards and Carter should have been used on short passing downs/3rd downs. Carter sucks between the tackles and its been proven over and over yet at a critical time in the game we hand it to him instead of Knight ??? What happened to go with the hot hand ? 

Those 3 frigging games White won were out of five so I'm ok with 3-2 and not only that but White gave this team a chance to win every game he's played in this year and we failed as a team not because of Mike White throwing for 100 yards.

This fan base after 50 years of sh*t QB play has no clue how to identify a really good QB if he kicked them in the teeth and if said QB is playing this well and this tough after 5 games this fan base can't even recognize he will only get better. 

Playing teams like the Buffalo Bills are always going to be tough games for the QB just like today vs the Jets defense was a tough game for Josh Allen. You guys somehow think there's a QB out there that can play good in every single game and that does not exist especially after 5 games like you point out.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I agree with the first part of white turns it around and we rally for a playoff spot then sure I’d be cool with 14 a year if that’s possible. Seems low, but who knows. If we continue to lose why pay him and a vet? We’re stuck with zachs contract at 10 mil unless he’s traded, then white who will be what like another 10? Then another vet who will be wildly varying depending on quality say between 5-25. Id rather just sign a good vet at that point instead of white and a meh vet. 

I think you have to make the calculation of how much better a “good vet” is than White looks to be. Personally, I don’t want to pay Derek Carr $40 million dollars, and I’d be squeamish about giving Garoppolo big money with his injury history. But White on a cheap show-me deal with a good QB class coming up in 24? IMO that’s ideal unless Zach has an epiphany before March rolls around.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that’s what we’re trying to see here—is Mike White good enough to let us avoid paying Derek Carr or Garoppolo, etc? Is Mike White good enough to be worth developing in 2023? Mostly, is Mike White good enough to let Douglas move on from Zach Wilson and take the cap hit? I don’t think they’ll go into 2023 with both White and Zach, so it’s really about deciding which one they want to commit resources to, if it’s either of them.

They are not getting rid of Zach. They just aint doing it. JD would look like a buffoon. They'll hold on to him another year even if it means sitting him behind White. Key word in your post - Developing White.  He is still RAW and just hasn't played a lot of games in NFL. And he needs certain accommodations like a kick azz OL, kick azz running game and needs to get more accustomed to his WR's. And LaFluer needs to find and refine his strengths. The red zone offense is pitiful under Mike White. These flaws can be fixed and adjusted. Right now, Mike White is not working with a full deck. Lot of potential there if they can cross the T's and dot the I's.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think you have to make the calculation of how much better a “good vet” is than White looks to be. Personally, I don’t want to pay Derek Carr $40 million dollars, and I’d be squeamish about giving Garoppolo big money with his injury history. But White on a cheap show-me deal with a good QB class coming up in 24? IMO that’s ideal unless Zach has an epiphany before March rolls around.

I’m thinking more so along the lines of Baker Mayfield or Danny Dimes. They probably won’t be crazy expensive and will likely be better than white. Keep Zach as the backup and draft a mid round qb If needed or see if strev can be qb 3