Big Shout Out Too ......

Smashmouth

40 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

How about having Joe Flacco suit up as your backup?  Berrios would do better in wildcat the rest of the game over him.  That’s on Saleh.  The decision making is on Saleh he is HC.  This staff has proved absolutely NOTHING other then they can’t develop a QB.

Those were mistakes, absolutely.  
Whenever a team loses a game you can point at coaches of the losing team for some glaring error(s).

I like the job Saleh is doing in totality.  To each his own.

• Upvote 1

On 12/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, BurntDice said:

This MW fan club is die hard I’ll give you that. Why should he be the starter next year? Why not bring in a vet FA? Or trade for one?

Put a name on it.  Who are you bringing in?

So many of the Mike White doubters refuse to even suggest a name.  Meanwhile even I, a White believer, want the team to add Minshew and draft a QB in the middle rounds.

22 hours ago, Beerfish said:

White has won 3 friggin games in this league, he has lost his last two critical games.  I agree with most of your post but this whole sale love mike white, he is THE one after a good game vs frigin chicago is absurd.  The fact that Wilson and flacco are horrid does not make white the sudden saviour QB. 

He also played well against the Bengals last year, the Vikings and Bills this year.  

Why are you only counting the Chicago game?  4 of his 6 starts have been quality ones.  And he even looked very good against Indy pre-injury.

The only reason not to believe that White can at least be "a guy" at this point is to suggest he's brittle.  Tough, but brittle.  That's the only reasonable argument.  Nothing about his play has suggested he can't at least be a middle-of-the-pack starter.  And likely one we can bring back for a reasonable price.

21 hours ago, EM31 said:

How big of a contract does Mike White deserve this offseason?  Will there be other interested teams?

What he deserves is pretty irrelevant, given Joe Douglas' ability to pay guys their market value and little more.

I think a 2 or 3 year, incentive-laden deal that comes in at a starting price around $15M per would be fair for both White and the team.  And a contract like that also wouldn't be prohibitive of the team adding to the QB room as a hedge.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Put a name on it.  Who are you bringing in?

So many of the Mike White doubters refuse to even suggest a name.  Meanwhile even I, a White believer, want the team to add Minshew and draft a QB in the middle rounds.

Minshew, Baker, Carr, Daniel Jones. There are probably others who will be available who i haven’t noticed, or aren’t known yet. 

Would probably go 

1. Jones

2. Baker

3. Minshew

4. Carr (contract and trade compensation put him in last.)

If I had to choose one it would be Jones. He’s been set up terribly with the giants. Had a trash ol or trash weapons his entire career. Even with that he’s played pretty well in the past few years. He has all the intangibles to take off with everything this jets team provides. 

I don’t believe White is bad, just below average. I want to win a Super Bowl and I don’t think he’s capable of pulling it off