Mike White

choon328

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

We are now comparing Mike White to Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Joe Montana, and Dan Marino. 

This is my sign. Time to step away from this board for a few weeks lol

Your IQ is lower than ZW’s QBR

You’re the one that cited athletic profile

ZW is a twitched up piece of sh-t

Please do

You’ll be missed as much as ZW has been missed in the starting lineup by his teammates 

• Haha 2

We are now comparing Mike White to Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Joe Montana, and Dan Marino. 
This is my sign. Time to step away from this board for a few weeks lol

You just can’t make this stuff up, guys comparing White to those guys is comic relief. Haha, even my wife, who knows nothing about football, is laughing at those comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

Now we’re comparing Mike White to the greatest QB of all time simply because they are both slow, while ignoring Brady’s brilliant pocket movement and spatial awareness. I give up 

You really should give up bc you can't read. Brady didn't have that pocket movement and spatial awareness his first few years, that was the point. Did you not watch Brady his first few years and the type of offense they ran?  He obviously didn't come into the league with those traits bc he was drafted in the 6th round.

You look at things like a scout where you put players in boxes based on physical traits. Although, every single game there are many players out playing scouts projections for example,  Brock Purdy. You then have to minimize the success of players that don't fit into your box bc God forbid you're wrong. Get the **** over yourself,  you aren't any better than the rest of us here just bc you know somebody in the Jets front office. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

You just can’t make this stuff up, guys comparing White to those guys is comic relief. Haha, even my wife, who knows nothing about football, is laughing at those comparisons.

Not comparing MW to those guys obviously 

Was merely responding to the attempted point about athletic profile 

What’s Kirk Cousins’ “athletic profile”?

If you want to argue MW isn’t good, that’s reasonable 

But to cite athletic profile is meaningless at the QB position 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Berrios was dreadful today, outside of one nice mid-range sideline catch.  Murdered us in field position today, especially early.

Mosely mistake was horrible, he had to know the fake count was likely there.

Carter's fumble was the death-nail in the coffin today.

So was Flacco's one play and fumble too.

The spineless call to kick the FG with 4th and 1, also a killer.

And the Jets complete lack of ability to run the ball in short, hard yardage situations has been killing us all year and killed us again today.

And yes, Mike White didn't do enough.  He has got to lead scoring drives, not just accumulate yardage.  Was a gutsy day, comming back from those brutal near-unblocked leveling hits, no question, but he has got to move away from being checkdown Charlie, and find ways to make more yards downfield, especially in crunch time.  Right now, if we're down late, it's a given we lose with MW.  Till he proves otherwise.

Berrios also had a throw go off his face mask at the end of the game on 3rd and 1 on the goal line. He catches it he’s at 1 or falls in the end zone. He has killed us these last two games

Not comparing MW to those guys obviously 
Was merely responding to the attempted point about athletic profile 
What’s Kirk Cousins’ “athletic profile”?
If you want to argue MW isn’t good, that’s reasonable 
But to cite athletic profile is meaningless at the QB position 

Athletic profile? Cousins is meh at best, but he does have 10 wins and beat our Jets. When he gets punched in the mouth, he’s beatable due to his limitations as most QB’s. Guys like him can win in the NFL, but are they the QB’s you aspire to lead your team? Cousins ran a few times against our D cause plays broke down and it was key to moving the chains. I think White needs to add some of that to his game as well.

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Athletic profile? Cousins is meh at best, but he does have 10 wins and beat our Jets. When he gets punched in the mouth, he’s beatable due to his limitations as most QB’s. Guys like him can win in the NFL, but are they the QB’s you aspire to lead your team? Cousins ran a few times against our D cause plays broke down and it was key to moving the chains. I think White needs to add some of that to his game as well.

Yeah man

You might want to read stuff before responding once in awhile

I even bolded the text I was responding to (in “football guy”s post, not yours)

He / she / it cited “athletic profile” as a reason why Mike White is doomed to mediocrity 

Nobody thinks MW is Tom Brady

But he’s clearly better than ZW and that’s all that matters right now 

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

27/44 268 yds

0 Ints

You Wilson d**k riders were counting on a 4 int day by White bc you kept pointing to this game.  Well against a top 10 defense Mike White  looked good,  much better than you thought he would. A terrible mistake by Moseley and a worse one by Carter cost the Jets dearly.  

Wilson was 18/25 154 yds against the Bills at home in good weather and you all acted like he was the next coming of Jesus.  Keep that same energy now. 

The next thing that needs to be put to bed is the arm strength thing. In Buffalo, 35 degrees, rain and snow,15 mph winds and White threw the ball really well in those conditions

White is the QB going forward and he's about to light up the next 4 defenses. 

This game that you all pointed to as the ultimate test for Mike White has come and gone, he passed. Take the L bitches. 

yelling jimmy fallon GIF

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

The offense ran through Breece Hall prior to his injury. The offense now runs through Mike White. The offense could not run through Wilson. It’s a completely different philosophy.  The only way White isn’t the QB, is if gets knocked out. 

Guess what every team is now going try to do when playing Mike White? Hit Him.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t all teams trying to do that, on every single play, since always? 

He was hit by a delayed ILB Blitz..they probably rightly saw that White will hang in pocket and try to deliever even when rush coming at him...you notice he got hit after he threw the ball? very close to being late...He was going to hit him regardless.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

old school football....as much as I hate the Bill, the Bills played it right...hats off to them.

Every team tries to get to the QB. It's literally the main priority of any defense. Nobody sits back and tells their rushers to not try to get to the QB. 

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

27/44 268 yds

0 Ints

You Wilson d**k riders were counting on a 4 int day by White bc you kept pointing to this game.  Well against a top 10 defense Mike White  looked good,  much better than you thought he would. A terrible mistake by Moseley and a worse one by Carter cost the Jets dearly.  

Wilson was 18/25 154 yds against the Bills at home in good weather and you all acted like he was the next coming of Jesus.  Keep that same energy now. 

The next thing that needs to be put to bed is the arm strength thing. In Buffalo, 35 degrees, rain and snow,15 mph winds and White threw the ball really well in those conditions

This game that you all pointed to as the ultimate test for Mike White has come and gone, he passed. Take the L bitches. 

Zach Wilson should be gone next season.  Mike White should be 1 of 2 backups.  He is average at best with big balls and a monster heart.  The balls and heart get him hurt almost every game if not multiple times a game, he just isn’t average he is also an injury waiting to happen.

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

You really should give up bc you can't read. Brady didn't have that pocket movement and spatial awareness his first few years, that was the point. Did you not watch Brady his first few years and the type of offense they ran?  He obviously didn't come into the league with those traits bc he was drafted in the 6th round.

You look at things like a scout where you put players in boxes based on physical traits. Although, every single game there are many players out playing scouts projections for example,  Brock Purdy. You then have to minimize the success of players that don't fit into your box bc God forbid you're wrong. Get the **** over yourself,  you aren't any better than the rest of us here just bc you know somebody in the Jets front office. 

Did you not read the Mike White the man fluff piece?  He is a family man who leaves football at work.  He won’t put in half the time to hone his craft as Tom Brady, he doesn’t want to and that’s ok. But he shouldn’t be the Jets starting QB in 2023 period.

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

27/44 268 yds

0 Ints

Shut em down open up shop oh no

That’s how d**k riders roll

EACA56B0-D6A4-436B-B66E-C3E26F08E3FF.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Zach Wilson should be gone next season.  Mike White should be 1 of 2 backups.  He is average at best with big balls and a monster heart.  The balls and heart get him hurt almost every game if not multiple times a game, he just isn’t average he is also an injury waiting to happen.

You don't know what you're watching