QB Depth chart with 4 games remaining.

JTJet

Just from a tactical standpoint, one would think you HAVE to dress Streveler now right? If White is healthy going into the next game, one of these big hits is going to eventually knock him out indefinitely it seems like. 

Do you roll with...

1 White 2 Streveler 3 Flacco 

Zach Inactive? Zach back to the 2 spot? 3? 

What say you? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Just from a tactical standpoint, one would think you HAVE to dress Streveler now right? If White is healthy going into the next game, one of these big hits is going to eventually knock him out indefinitely it seems like. 

Do you roll with...

What say you? 

Yes, lets put a QB that never played a down in a regular season game as the backup. LOL Jets fans.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

After Flacco handing the Bills 3 points today, it's going to be very telling and interesting if Zach is inactive next week. 

I thought the whole point of him being inactive is he's running the scout team vs the first string defense?  By elevating him to 2, they need to have him take game plan snaps to get ready to play.  It's kind of counter productive unless he's ready to come back (he's not). 

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I thought the whole point of him being inactive is he's running the scout team vs the first string defense?  By elevating him to 2, they need to have him take game plan snaps to get ready to play.  It's kind of counter productive unless he's ready to come back (he's not). 

Joe aint ready either.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Right, I hear ya, good point but idk, Flacco is such pure poopoo I dont see how that is the best thing for the team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

After Flacco handing the Bills 3 points today, it's going to be very telling and interesting if Zach is inactive next week. 

It was clear when Flacco was deactivated as backup for White earlier in the season that Saleh had moved on from Flacco. Keeping Flacco as the backup really says something about what Saleh thinks about ZW right now. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Yes, lets put a QB that never played a down in a regular season game as the backup. LOL Jets fans.

Smooth brain thinking. 

Hes played in regular season before with Arizona, and theres nowhere but up from Flacco and Wilson anyways. 

Also, at one point White was that guy too, so what's your argument exactly? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Put Zach at #2. See how White responds.

White is playing for his job no matter who the back up QB is. White is not going to play differently with Wilson backing him up. White came into the game twice after getting his ribs drilled today with Crappo as the back up. That is because he didn’t want to give up the QB 1 spot to anybody. 

Depends how well this Zach “reset” is going. The goal is for Zach to correct his issues, if he hasn’t, you can’t put him back in. Flacco is washed but this year is not about making the playoffs, it’s about setting ourselves up for long term success. I’d love to see this team grab a playoff spot, don’t get me wrong, but if white isn’t playing, this offense will be in bad shape regardless of who is playing. I would rather let the jets play out their “reset” vs rushing Wilson back and destroying any confidence he might still have. Let’s be honest here, if Wilson gets rushed back and looks like trash, he’ll be boo’d out of the building. Flacco and The wilson we saw won’t be much of a difference. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Smooth brain thinking. 

Hes played in regular season before with Arizona, and theres nowhere but up from Flacco and Wilson anyways. 

Also, at one point White was that guy too, so what's your argument exactly? 

He's played a game? OK put him in genius. LOL

I thought the rationale for benching Wilson was: 1. 'White gives us a better chance of winning now' and 2. 'Wilson needs a reset'.... in that order of priority.

If White is questionable next week, you go to the original question, 'who gives us a better chance of winning now', Flacco or Wilson. The answer should be Wilson, but the Jets have mangled the QB position all year, so why would they change that now.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Do you roll with...

What say you? 

you have to trust the jets on whatever is going on with Wilson...however....Wilson would have to literally be having an ongoing stroke for me to want to start Flacco over him.

Just now, JTJet said:

Now rewind that back to Mike White's first NFL start and say it again slowly... 

the jets saw enough of White to make him the backup, while everyone yelled about bringing in a competent backup.

the jets think so little of Streveller that they wouldnt even make him QB3 over Flacco with Wilson out.

stop.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

the jets saw enough of White to make him the backup, while everyone yelled about bringing in a competent backup.

the jets think so little of Streveller that they wouldnt even make him QB3 over Flacco with Wilson out.

stop.

Flacco is only om the roster and over Streveler because JD botched his release/trade and has to justify him being on this team. 

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Flacco is only om the roster and over Streveler because JD botched his release/trade and has to justify him being on this team. 

thats not how that works man. they make decisions that are most conducive to wins. the backup QB decisions is one of the most important ones you can make going into the game.

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

thats not how that works man. they make decisions that are most conducive to wins. the backup QB decisions is one of the most important ones you can make going into the game.

... yet they've botched it how many times this season alone? 

17 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

stop.

Don't you know? Strev played a few downs, but he's ready now because Mikey. LMAO

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I hope white is ok obviously but I if they don’t start Zach next week Saleh officially becomes a place holder for the next HC, which will be an offensive guy to develop Zach properly 

Eh I don’t believe in this one. The D has been very good. Qbs bust often it happens. Bring in a vet qb and this team will be a contender. 

WHITE
ZACH

Not a fan of this for Mike’s sake. You need him to play without looking over his shoulder. He won’t be honest with injuries, because if he loses any time to Zach and Zach plays on par to White he loses his job. White needs every chance to be successful and not have to worry about his job. Flacco just isn’t good and has no future here.