Zach played better against the Bills.

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

The Bills had Von Miller in the first game.  

Average yards per attempt are a slight edge to Zach, but basically the same.  White threw for more yards on way more attempts.  

Zach led the offense to 20 points.  
Mike White led the offense to 10 points.  

Zach was elusive and could add yards with his legs. Mike White was a battered statue. 

Zach led the team to a victory.  Mike White does a nice job getting statz between the 20’s. 

Start Zach.  Mike White QB2.  

16BD59E2-2066-4A69-85D3-4566FA3DFC39.jpeg

C056D078-A9D7-427B-9A75-5E1BE7FD0112.jpeg

I think, anyone being honest will agree Zach played better against Buffalo than Mike White did today.

Circumstances were different - home v. away, bad weather etc. So it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Every week is different.  

While I didn't think Mike White was good today - I wouldn't say he was bad either -  he was't the main reason they lost - there's plenty of blame to go around.  

So, not knocking Mike White - but if we're being honest, the OP was correct - Zach played better than Mike White against the Bills.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, artemusclyde said:

Get back to me when White starts winning games. Cause we were winning with Zach and are now losing with White. Oh, but Zach was mean to the media and is rich, so I guess that means we should roll with White.

I’m lying if I wasn’t hoping he was active when Mike White went down and Flacco  came in. Neither one of these QBs proved they can win when the defense plays less than amazing against really good teams. I’m hoping Mike White can win next week, if not I may join you. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think, anyone being honest will agree Zach played better against Buffalo than Mike White did today.

Circumstances were different - home v. away, bad weather etc. So it has to be taken with a grain of salt. Every week is different.  

While I didn't think Mike White was good today - I wouldn't say he was bad either -  he was't the main reason they lost - there's plenty of blame to go around.  

So, not knocking Mike White - but if we're being honest, the OP was correct - Zach played better than Mike White against the Bills.

Not really; the team played better when ZW was along for the ride. 

4 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Lol please, you White fanboys were rooting for the Jets to lose cause you hated Zach with a passion cause the media doesn't like him. Meanwhile, we were winning with him and losing with White. Everybody and their mother making excuses for this team when White's playing and saying we'll be good next year cause we'll probably miss the playoffs since we benched Zach. Nah man, I'm not letting that sh*t slide, all year long I had to listen to you idiots crying about Zach and how this is a playoff team. Well, this playoff team has a worse record without Zach then it does with and is set to miss the playoffs. 

Jets would have as bad a record with Zach, maybe worse because Zach was playing so badly, he probably loses to Chicago. Tell me, what did you see in Zachs play that tells you he beats the Vikings? Zach was making excuses about the wind in Foxboro. What do you think he would say about today's weather in Buffalo? 

As far as me, I actually started a thread that was titled I believe. After the Steelers game, I thought Zach turned the corner. Boy was I a suckered. At least I admit I was wrong about him. I have no idea what it is you see in him. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Jets would have as bad a record with Zach, maybe worse because Zach was playing so badly, he probably loses to Chicago. Tell me, what did you see in Zachs play that tells you he beats the Vikings? Zach was making excuses about the wind in Foxboro. What do you think he would say about today's weather in Buffalo? 

As far as me, I actually started a thread that was titled I believe. After the Steelers game, I thought Zach turned the corner. Boy was I a suckered. At least I admit I was wrong about him. I have no idea what it is you see in him. 

Don’t bother responding

It’s just the Kapono trolls ? coming out of hiding and rejoicing at a Jet loss so they can sh-t on MW

The QB threw for 260 or whatever it was despite getting absolutely blasted in the pocket.  (LaFleur doesn’t believe in picking up blitzes apprently.)

Didn’t turn the ball over.  Was let down by MC fumbling in the RZ with a chance to come back and win it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Get back to me when White starts winning games. Cause we were winning with Zach and are now losing with White. Oh, but Zach was mean to the media and is rich, so I guess that means we should roll with White.

No reason to attempt meaningful conversation with a poster that struggles with why Zach had clipboard duty today, again. Keep spewing crap - somebody will argue it with you.

• Upvote 1

Zach did have a 101.1 rating compared to White’s 78.6 today. Wilson also threw a TD that game and White did not. To be fair, each game has varying degree of factors which affect the game. White had the chance to win the past 2 games, but the team lost both. He gets a bit of blame, but it’s a team game and there’s plenty of blame to go around when each guy is back there. Zach was inept against the Pats the 2nd game, hence the reason White is in there. But at some point, being likable and above average gets old quick if the team is not winning. Hopefully, White is good to go next week and the Jets can stack a bunch of wins. If not, then not sure what the future holds. Honestly, a win is a win and a loss is a loss, stats are nice for fantasy, but these guys have to lead the team to victory. I think the Ravens QB had something like 12 attempts today and won the game, all that matters is the win.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ask the WRs how they feel about Zach Wilson.  

I don't disagree.  WR's get more yards with Mike White throwing.  

That wasn't my point.  

I was responding to a poster that told me - the team played better with Zach Wilson than Mike White and that's why they won with Zach.

I was just curious - As I've been told, the team hates Zach Wilson and loves Mike White - shouldn't that then translate to performance?

But maybe not...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

The Bills had Von Miller in the first game.  

Average yards per attempt are a slight edge to Zach, but basically the same.  White threw for more yards on way more attempts.  

Zach led the offense to 20 points.  
Mike White led the offense to 10 points.  

Zach was elusive and could add yards with his legs. Mike White was a battered statue. 

Zach led the team to a victory.  Mike White does a nice job getting statz between the 20’s. 

Start Zach.  Mike White QB2.  

16BD59E2-2066-4A69-85D3-4566FA3DFC39.jpeg

C056D078-A9D7-427B-9A75-5E1BE7FD0112.jpeg

This is hilarious. Thank you

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't disagree.  WR's get more yards with Mike White throwing.  

That wasn't my point.  

I was responding to a poster that told me - the team played better with Zach Wilson than Mike White and that's why they won with Zach.

I was just curious - As I've been told, the team hates Zach Wilson and loves Mike White - shouldn't that then translate to performance?

But maybe not...

The Jets DO perform better with White under center.  This bullsh*t W-L only analysis without context is getting more lame and stupid by the day.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets DO perform better with White under center.  This bullsh*t W-L only analysis without context is getting more lame and stupid by the day.  

For the record.  I'm not saying the team doesn't play better with White.

I was responding to someone that told me why Mike White's record is 1-2.

I'm sure the team plays harder because they love Mike White...and I suspect tries less hard when the hated Zach Wilson was the QB.

That reality hasn't translated to wins and losses though.  I hope that trend turns around though.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Joining the cult again? 

I've answered this already :-)

I was simply responding to someone that told me the reason they won with Zach and losing with Mike White was because the team played better with Zach. 

I don't agree with the premise, I'm with you on this one.    Team loves White, plays harder for White.  They'll start winning soon.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Really?

Silly me, I thought that's why they played.

Yet you can’t use that alone to evaluate individual players.  Funny how that works eh?  

If Wilson deserved any legitimate credit for his 5-2 record he wouldn’t be inactive right now.  He was along for the ride.  He didn’t drive the bus. Like, at all.

White performed better in a loss against Buffalo than Wilson did in a win.  Those things happen.  If they didn’t, then Trent Dilfer and Mark Rypien would be considered better QBs than Dan Marino.  

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Really?

Silly me, I thought that's why they played.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet you can’t use that alone to evaluate individual players.  Funny how that works eh?

Example:  Earlier today a Pats fan I’m friends with mentioned that Justin Jefferson had a monster day today.  To which I noted that Sauce held him to 46 yards.

His retort:  “Vikings won though.”

You’re not a filthy, stupid Pats fan are you?  Thought not.