The Jets can win BIG with Mike White in 2023, provided a few things ..

15 hours ago, Green Truth said:

The 3 things killing drives today. Joe Flacco twice and Michael Carter. Hate to say it Carter may not be on this team next year. Hall, Knight and Johnson because he plays specials well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw numerous posts stating the same about QW prior to this season. 

• Upvote 1

This doesn’t mean anything. By this metric, half the league should be “backups”
I actually agree with that observation .. about 30% of the starting QBs in this league should not be solidified starters. Don't you ? All the guys in that category should have competition on the roster. I'm excluding guys like Lawrence as I do believe rooks should get an extended window to develop if they are forced to start right away.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for so many to grasp the fact that our franchise QB isn’t currently on the roster.

Wilson is a complete mess and White is limited and gets banged up constantly. Flacco and Streveler don’t even deserve mentioning.

The stuff people are saying about White is probably the same sh*t half the Vikings fanbase was saying about Case Keenum 5 years ago.

White has the look of a quality, longterm backup.

Committing to this dude for at least the next 2-3 years just because he looks more competent than Zach has all the makings of biting us square on the assh0le.

Whats your definition of "franchise QB" and how many of them are in the league?  I understand fans were hoping Zach was the next Mahomes or Allen but at best theres five of those guys in the league and none of them are gonne be free agents.   So whats your plan draft more QBs and pray you hit the lottery because signing Jimmy G or Carr won't get this team any further than MW can imo. And signing Minshew or Mayfield is just a joke.

15 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Mike White is like a 27 year old rookie. He needs playing time. He’s a late bloomer. He needs a kick azz OL. Give it to him. He needs a running game. We will have it. He needs a tall WR in the red zone. Get one. He needs a stud TE. Get one. These are things Saleh needs to put on his Xmas list to Santa next year. This can be accomplished. Dress JD up in a red suit. He looks just like Santa ? 

So weaponzzzz ? 

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I actually agree with that observation .. about 30% of the starting QBs in this league should not be solidified starters. Don't you ? All the guys in that category should have competition on the roster. I'm excluding guys like Lawrence as I do believe rooks should get an extended window to develop if they are forced to start right away.

There are maybe five elite QBs in football and everyone else is starting their iteration of Andy Dalton. Mike White has shown enough promise to be considered among those other 27 QBs. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

How can you make a "damning" critique like that while being a fan of this team?  We've been through Sanchez, Geno, Darnold, Wilson, etc. and we finally get a stretch of QB play where he's not making bone-headed, turnover-worthy plays left and right, and you're complaining about taking check-downs.

Davis Mills, Matt Ryan, Kenny Pickett, Russel Wilson, Marcus Mariota, Sam Darnold, Taylor Heinicke...

That's 7 NFL starters out of 32 Mike White is playing better than through 3 games (he's only played 3 games!).  Main reason why is because he hasn't made costly mistakes that drag the team down, unlike those I listed above.

Mike White overcame the dreaded Buffalo game.  The narrative for Zach-cucks is over.  I don't know what list of top 64 QBs you have but I'd be interested in seeing it, and I'd argue Zach Wilson wouldn't deserve a spot on it.

WTF does that even mean , he threw 4 picks against a team last year and didn't throw 4 picks against them this year . If that's the criteria Zach overcame the dreaded NE game. Also context , White threw 4 picks in a game the Jets were losing badly, most QB's in that scenario 1) compile lots of yardage and 2) end up with lots of turnovers.   

8 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Interesting take and quite conclusive when it seems far from it from given a multitude of reasons that seem like obvious factors in the evaluation.  What happens if Mike White wins out, he continues playing well (lets not act like he's not) and they make the playoffs and get a win?  

Also curious how are you defining "natural talent" because it seems as though you're only using athleticism as criteria which is obviously not the only criteria.  Besides, his athleticism in on par with many of the all time greats and so is his arm, which I whole heartedly disagree w/ your take on, you dont throw darts on deep outs in a wintery mix vs. one of the best corners in the NFL if you dont have a strong arm.

The Jets have lost in back to back weeks vs. better Football teams on the road because they lost the turnover battle, not because of the QB.  The fun takeaway is actually, Mike White look like the better passer than both Kirk Cousins and Josh Allen in those outings. 

Yes, I’m talking about physical, athletic ability, and Mike White is on the low end there. I can’t praise his toughness enough, but he doesn’t have the durability to back it up, or the escapability to avoid getting clobbered. I’m a big fan of what he’s got between the ears but, if he’s seeing plays downfield, he’s not trusting his own arm to get there. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ahhh, so here’s where all the aggrieved Zach dead-enders went. I do love how you start all these statements with “I get that Zach was bad, but…” and then sh*t on Mike White because you’re desperate to have that little consolation praise on the mantel if/when the Jets cast Wilson into the ocean. Have fun rooting against the Jets the rest of the way in support of a catastrophic draft bust. 

Not gonna get lumped in here. I’ll say the same **** about Zach that I said about Geno 100 years ago: he’s got all the talent in the world, but his head is not right. I understand the Jets sticking with that talent, and understand them benching the head. If they pitch him to the curb, I’ll shrug my shoulders and root for the next man up. I really don’t care about Zach Wilson unless or until he becomes a viable franchise QB. He has not come close; certainly not as close as your beloved. It’s the folks who venomously hate Zach that keep bringing him up here. It’s not Zach vs. White. The Jets need someone better than both of them. Unfortunately, it’s Zach who’s under contract next year. That presents a challenge when they’re looking to make a significant upgrade to the room. If they decide to trade Zach away -and can find a taker!- and pay White high end backup money while seeking a solution at starter, I’ll be quite content. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There are maybe five elite QBs in football and everyone else is starting their iteration of Andy Dalton. Mike White has shown enough promise to be considered among those other 27 QBs. 

I think this reality escapes many fans, and truthfully, many gms.  Finding a decent qb who has the mental capacity and maturity to run a real offense, that’s hard to find.  So if the jets found a guy who’s 27 who can do it decently, run with that guy and build the team and continue to look for a better qb.  I’m much more curious to see how white plays at home vs Detroit than on the road in a crappy weather show at buffalo.  If he can win these winnable games, that’s a huge start.  

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, Larz said:

Guys.

He’s too slow to avoid the hits and too small to survive them. He takes the check down too quickly. He’s not trash, he’s not a CFL player.  Of the top 64 QBs in the NFL I’d rate him between 30-40.  If you disagree, go ahead and list the starting QBs he is better than, and why, but don’t use the comp % stat because that’s the problem, he takes the easy throws the defense wants him to make too often. 

sorry, right now he’s a lovable loser. 

I disagree. Just went through all QBs and counted 37 guys who can or have started.

I got 18 guys who are definitely better. Then there’s a list of 12 guys in which I would include Mike White in. White is in the bucket with Baker, Jones, Brissett, Winston, Dalton, Goff, Lance, Mac Jones, Rus, Mariota, Jimmy G. So I got White some where between 20-30. Within this bucket, I’d say somewhere in the middle.

White is better then Pickett, Matt Ryan, Mills, Cooper Rush, Minshew, Love, and Darnold 

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I disagree. Just went through all QBs and counted 37 guys who can or have started.

I got 18 guys who are better. Then there’s a list of 12 guys in which I would include Mike White in. White is in the bucket with Baker, Jones, Brissett, Winston, Dalton, Goff, Lance, Mac Jones, Rus, Mariota, Jimmy G. So I got White some where between 20-30

White is better then Pickett, Matt Ryan, Mills, Cooper Rush, Minshew, Love, and Darnold 

You are  basing this analysis on 5 starts in the NFL ?

I guess by those criteria , we should call Canton and get the bust of Brock Purdy started . 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Yes, I’m talking about physical, athletic ability, and Mike White is on the low end there. I can’t praise his toughness enough, but he doesn’t have the durability to back it up, or the escapability to avoid getting clobbered. I’m a big fan of what he’s got between the ears but, if he’s seeing plays downfield, he’s not trusting his own arm to get there. 

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What?  ok  I dont, i ok

Tom .. he's 1-2 .. thrown how many TDs over 3 games ? The possibility is still there that he's not the answer.

He's tough .. hasn't turned the ball over much, and has a very accurate short game.

Don't hate him .. but not blown away either.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think this reality escapes many fans, and truthfully, many gms.  Finding a decent qb who has the mental capacity and maturity to run a real offense, that’s hard to find.  So if the jets found a guy who’s 27 who can do it decently, run with that guy and build the team and continue to look for a better qb.  I’m much more curious to see how white plays at home vs Detroit than on the road in a crappy weather show at buffalo.  If he can win these winnable games, that’s a huge start.  

Teams want to win Super Bowls, and Andy Daltons don’t win many. This is why Jim Harbaugh benches Alex Smith for Kaepernick and gets to one, or why Andy Reid benches him and wins one. Why Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch went in so heavily for Trey Lance over Garoppolo. 

25 minutes ago, slats said:

What was his excuse in a dome against the league’s #31 ranked defense last week? 

He has an NFL caliber arm. It just happens to be backup caliber. 

???

He made several elite throws.  Jetsxfactor has good cut-ups of them and I posted a video last week of all his throws.  Watch them.  He also missed a couple, like all QBs do.

He also made a few big time throws against the Bears, for example the in cut to Moore hitting him in perfect stride 20+ yards down the field.

I’m not arguing he has a great arm, but his anticipation and accuracy allows him to hit some tight windows.  His arm is good enough and he will continue to prove this. 

• Upvote 2

???
He made several elite throws.  Jetsxfactor has good cut-ups of them and I posted a video last week of all his throws.  Watch them.  He also missed a couple, like all QBs do.
He also made a few big time throws against the Bears, for example the in cut to Moore hitting him in perfect stride 20+ yards down the field.
I’m not arguing he has a great arm, but his anticipation and accuracy allows him to hit some tight windows.  His arm is good enough and he will continue to prove this. 
People have to stop using the Bears game ... There was NO secondary .. their entire starting unit was injured.

4 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

???

Here is the article with the video.  Scroll down a little to find under ‘big time throws’

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/12/05/ny-jets-mike-white-qb1/

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Teams want to win Super Bowls, and Andy Daltons don’t win many. This is why Jim Harbaugh benches Alex Smith for Kaepernick and gets to one, or why Andy Reid benches him and wins one. Why Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch went in so heavily for Trey Lance over Garoppolo. 

My point is not that you stop trying to find that true franchise qb.  My point is that you got who you got and ultimately if the coach/gm do not win enough games they’re fired.  So if you have a decent option like mike white, run with that until you find something better.  

Now, how good is mike white, i will give more weight to this week’s game vs Detroit than in the snow at buffalo.  If they lose and score 13 points this Sunday that tells me white is not even a shorter term answer.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is incredibly accurate. 

Mahommes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen, Hurts - Elite

Below that you're just hoping your QB doesn't F it up for you. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

???

I stayed out of this conversation last week and I’m gonna leave it again, lol, but the Jets should’ve beaten the Vikings and White’s limitations are a primary reason that they didn’t. Team was good enough to get into the red zone frequently, while White was good for one TD in perfect conditions against a weak defense. 

I have no dislike for White and will be rooting for him to start and play well this week, but I do not see him as a long term solution. I think as teams get more tape on him, his limitations will come more into focus. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

The thing to note is that there aren’t any guys that will be available next offseason that can lift this team. Rodgers is the only guy but he is 40.

I say continue to develop White and Zach. Tell Zach to fix his feet and tell White to build a stronger frame. Get a veteran to replace Flacco and be the 3rd stringer. Then let the better player between White and Zach next offseason win the job. The guy who is actually better none of this potential stuff.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

WTF does that even mean , he threw 4 picks against a team last year and didn't throw 4 picks against them this year . If that's the criteria Zach overcame the dreaded NE game. Also context , White threw 4 picks in a game the Jets were losing badly, most QB's in that scenario 1) compile lots of yardage and 2) end up with lots of turnovers.   

"Wait until Buffalo" was regurgitated over the last 2 weeks regarding Mike White's play.  Mike White showed he could play against Buffalo's defense.  That's what that means.  Really not that complicated.

Zach has never shown he can play against NE so you are incorrect.

We are talking about some big time throws in tight windows.  Check out the Vikings video I just sent.
Yeah I'm with you 100% on that game ... Only thing missing was the W. Kid has excellent short and midfield accuracy. And he can definitely spin the ball.

• Upvote 2

I really don't see the Andy Dalton or Jimmy G comparisons for White.  I 100 % think he's shown enough to suggest he can be better than those dudes.  

Of course you look to upgrade at QB wherever possible but easier said than done.  Those hoping the Jets let White walk are taking an enormous gamble that the grass will be a lot greener on the other side.  Some of those posters aren't even willing to provide the name of a single other QB they would like to acquire instead to be the new QB1, even though several QBs out there clearly look like they'll be available.

Good luck with that.    

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

My point is not that you stop trying to find that true franchise qb.  My point is that you got who you got and ultimately if the coach/gm do not win enough games they’re fired.  So if you have a decent option like mike white, run with that until you find something better.  

Now, how good is mike white, i will give more weight to this week’s game vs Detroit than in the snow at buffalo.  If they lose and score 13 points this Sunday that tells me white is not even a shorter term answer.  

This thread is about next year. White is not under contract for next year. I’m all for him starting this week, and the rest of the season if that’s where his play leads, but they need a solution at QB, and White’s physical limitations will always make him a guy you want to upgrade from - like Alex Smith. And White doesn’t even have Smith’s athleticism. 

Just now, Darnold's Forehead said:

"Wait until Buffalo" was regurgitated over the last 2 weeks regarding Mike White's play.  Mike White showed he could play against Buffalo's defense.  That's what that means.  Really not that complicated.

Zach has never shown he can play against NE so you are incorrect.

Again by that same criteria , Zach beat the Buffalo D, MW almost beat, you're just digging yourself a bigger hole . Stop trying to compare everything between the two and take it for what it is.

White is a popular backup amongst the team and fans  , because he says the right things , plays hard and with fire ( ala Fitzy , even (cringe Tebow) . Question still to be answered is he good enough  ?

3 minutes ago, slats said:

This thread is about next year. White is not under contract for next year. I’m all for him starting this week, and the rest of the season if that’s where his play leads, but they need a solution at QB, and White’s physical limitations will always make him a guy you want to upgrade from - like Alex Smith. And White doesn’t even have Smith’s athleticism. 

White will likely be their best option for 2023, but he’s got a heck of an audition for the jets and the rest of the nfl the next 4 weeks. 

17 minutes ago, slats said:

How did Kaepernick work out?  Niners would have had more success rolling with Smith for a few more years.  They got fooled by Kaepernick's Vick-effect which wore out real quick.  Andy Reid benching Smith for one of the greatest, young QBs the sport has seen is not a good comparison.  And how is the Trey Lance experience working out for San Fran?

So we sweep Mike White under the rug for who?  Are there any Patrick Mahomes clones lying around that I'm not aware of?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

???

Imo his best assets are he gets the ball out quickly and is usually decisive on his throws. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, undertow said:

Whats your definition of "franchise QB" and how many of them are in the league?  I understand fans were hoping Zach was the next Mahomes or Allen but at best theres five of those guys in the league and none of them are gonne be free agents.   So whats your plan draft more QBs and pray you hit the lottery because signing Jimmy G or Carr won't get this team any further than MW can imo. And signing Minshew or Mayfield is just a joke.

A franchise QB is a player capable of putting the team on his back in pivotal situations.

A franchise QB doesn’t need a brick wall in front of him, a Top 5 backfield and a host of pro-bowlers at the skill positions just to appear competent.

A franchise QB should be able to consistently threaten all 3 levels of the defense.

I’d say there’s maybe 8-10 of them in the league at any given moment.

And to regularly compete for championships, you need one.

I don’t think Mike White is dogsh*t and has no place in the league. I think he looks like a high end backup in the mold of a Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater or Jacoby Brissett.

And that’s not the kind of QB I want to commit to as my starter for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 2