Why isn’t Mike White getting credit for cutting down his picks against Buffalo from last year?

The Crusher

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He also hasn't thrown any INTs these past 3 weeks.

Yeah the whole point is to use the same paint brush to look at good or bad things qbs do.  Wilson has been good at not throwing picks most of this year and at the end of last year, that is a fact.  Everything else is a cluster Fug but he has been good at not turning it over overall.  In his last 12 games he has throwing ints in only two games.

White has thrown picks in 4 of 7 games.

White is the best option now to be the QB because he does almost every thing else better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Hrs better than last year no question. I’m just not convinced it’s good enough to win a playoff game 

Is he worse than Sanchez?

If we make it to the playoffs with our "real" team next year, you don't think White can win games the way Sanchez did?

In fact, couldn't he be our version of the Ravens' Flacco?

I wouldn't expect him to put the team on his back, but I think he could do better than a guy like Tannehill has . . .

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah the whole point is to use the same paint brush to look at good or bad things qbs do.  Wilson has been good at not throwing picks most of this year and at the end of last year, that is a fact.  Everything else is a cluster Fug but he has been good at not turning it over overall.  In his last 12 games he has throwing ints in only two games.

White has thrown picks in 4 of 7 games.

White is the best option now to be the QB because he does almost every thing else better.

If we're really using the same paint brush, then let's acknowledge the only INTs White has thrown in his 3 starts this year were flukes (tipped ball, desperation throw) while Wilson has hit multiple defenders in the numbers who just didn't catch the ball.

If you feel more confident when Zack releases the ball than when White does, I guess we're not watching the same games . . .

• Upvote 2

Because of his draft status and scouting reports, mike white will have to silence his doubters week by week as they move the goal post to highlight his weakness of the week. 

He overcame the Buffalo Int hurdle this weak, but now they’ve erected the durability hurdle for him to clear. Yeah, it may seem unfair, but it’s the road mike white is required to travel because he is not the QB the team “planned” on starting. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

If we're really using the same paint brush, then let's acknowledge the only INTs White has thrown in his 3 starts this year were flukes (tipped ball, desperation throw) while Wilson has hit multiple defenders in the numbers who just didn't catch the ball.

If you feel more confident when Zack releases the ball than when White does, I guess we're not watching the same games . . .

Delusional 

I think it's fair to say that White has been, and still continues to be, our best option at QB.

This may or may not change, based on how he plays in the coming weeks, how Zach is performing against the requirements he's been set, etc. Obviously physical health is a factor too - if White can't go it's a different discussion entirely.

I think it's also fair to say that right now we don't have a QB on our team who can go on the road in sub-par conditions (weather, sub-par OL play, assorted injuries) and win us these types of games.

Two additional comments on this point:

1. none of this is directed purely at the QB position, as we had various other let-downs that contributed to one or both losses - drops, too many penalties, turnovers etc. Both have been very much team losses that only a true star QB would be able to overcome
  2. very few teams in this league have these sorts of guys. Even Buffalo couldn't do it when they played us last time

Back to back road games against 10-3 teams are now behind us. We lost both. We cannot afford to lose any of our next two, possibly three, games against - in theory - "weaker" teams. Det 6-7, Jax 5-8, Sea 7-6. These are the games that a fringe playoff contender has to win down the stretch to earn a playoff spot. 

• Upvote 1