Whites mobility sucks.

Jim dean

22 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the mobility of Garropolo, Carr or Minshew ain't much better.  They're pocket passers.  You just have to accept some things, that's why he gets it out in 2 seconds.

If you want to throw downfield, you need to not let guys come unblocked first.

Minshew is pretty mobile.  I’d say the one thing that stinks about White is his mobility.  Not quite a statue but no Mike Vick.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the mobility of Garropolo, Carr or Minshew ain't much better.  They're pocket passers.  You just have to accept some things, that's why he gets it out in 2 seconds.

I don’t think it’s the mobility that’s the issue. A qb can be successful if he’s not very athletic etc. it’s his lack of pocket presence. He just doesn’t sense when pressure is coming and move around to avoid it. 

58 minutes ago, Jim dean said:

Tough as nails but slow as a snail.yes steveler would help in certain packages.dont knock it till they try it.yes steveler again

He’s quicker than Flacco

But yes, he’s a pocket passer who will perform sub-optimally when free rushers are allowed to sprint totally unaccounted for through the A-gap and launch themselves into the QB’s sternum

He needs an offensive line that can do its job   

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Agree as to Jimmy G. Disagree as to Carr and Minshew.

Look Zach is mobile except he runs backward more than forward. But considering White’s lack of mobility that’s not good for his health he got beat up today and not sure how much longer his body can handle it. It makes a lot of sense that White starts but Zach backs him up against Lions. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t think it’s the mobility that’s the issue. A qb can be successful if he’s not very athletic etc. it’s his lack of pocket presence. He just doesn’t sense when pressure is coming and move around to avoid it. 

His feets don't move 

• Thumb Down 2

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

White was sacked four times and hit on another eight drop backs. His time to throw was 2.7 seconds, which isn’t high. 

He was only sacked three times.

Flacco took the other and actually highlighted how well White had been doing.

Of the sacks White took only one was pretty bad, he had a good chance to throw it away. 

• Upvote 1

Dont need to be mobile in the sense of running. Mike White shifts well, steps up, back, side to side enough to avoid huge contact. Yesterday he ran into a stellar defense. If it is not the Jets, some of those would have been "excessive" and a penalty. Those yards could have turned into points. For whatever reason the NFL lets other teams T off on Jets QBs and players. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

And that limb would be breaking , because this take is comical. 

The last sentence I agree with.  

13 hours ago, BurntDice said:

He’s shown that he does have pocket presence, does step up in the pocket and deliver passes.  He took a couple of big hits trying to throw downfield while his OL played spotty at best.  
Overreaction Monday

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Jim dean said:

His feets don't move 

You should watch the games.  He moves around fine.  Sometimes you aren’t protected and get hit.  Was Allen taking lots of sacks, especially in their first matchup because his feet don’t move?  
It’s football.  

And Jet fans here who overreact to everything

• Upvote 1

He’s shown that he does have pocket presence, does step up in the pocket and deliver passes.  He took a couple of big hits trying to throw downfield while his OL played spotty at best.  
Overreaction Monday
Yup .. Zach's headless chicken act masked some of the issues on the OL. Been saying that since week 5.

White is ok in the pocket ... Not super elusive ... Buts can step up... Would prefer some deeper attempts into contested 1v1 coverage late in games.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yup .. Zach's headless chicken act masked some of the issues on the OL. Been saying that since week 5.

White is ok in the pocket ... Not super elusive ... Buts can step up... Would prefer some deeper attempts into contested 1v1 coverage late in games.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

There were lots of complaints with hero balls by Zach.  MW should have taken the short quick plays yesterday given the way the OL was playing

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There were lots of complaints with hero balls by Zach.  MW should have taken the short quick plays yesterday given the way the OL was playing

Agree but are any other WR’s not named  Wilson getting open running proper routes. Mims seems like he might finally be other than that we have nothing at WR. Need another viable option for any QB to succeed our TE’s are slugs.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Claymation said:

Maybe...just maybe, MiLF doesn't think Moore is any good.

Moore had a really nice rookie year. Just can't see how he would fall off the cliff that fast. I could be wrong but at least put in the guy in a position to succeed. Let him do what Berrios is doing I don't know, work the slot, put him outside whatever.  Just seems like a wasted talent right now with what they have him doing

• Upvote 2

Just now, shawn306 said:

Moore had a really nice rookie year. Just can't see how he would fall off the cliff that fast. I could be wrong but at least put in the guy in a position to succeed. Let him do what Berrios is doing I don't know, work the slot, put him outside whatever.  Just seems like a wasted talent right now with what they have him doing

I think Moore is a solid WR, but MiLF has an axe to grind with him. And it is becoming detrimental to the success of certain drives.

• Upvote 1