The hit on Mike White

AFJF

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He earned ton of respect from his teammates. Does it really matter what fans think ? Hearing them call him “ warrior “ “ soldier “ is enough for me to know Zach Wilson is done here

you're right it does not matter I just find it hard to listen to people who don't get the fact MW is solidifying his hold on the starting QB position. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Vader said:

It's like we are barely playing offense in the first half these days. It's like vacation. Come back for the second half. Shouldn't be too far behind.

To be fair, the first half had almost zero offense from either side. Barring Mosely's stupidity that's a 0-0 ball game at the half.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Also after taking those big hits he still came back out and took more punishment. You would think that type of toughness would have endeared him to this ridiculous fan base and for the most part I think it did when he started driving us up the field yet again before the Cater Fumble.

Oh man Carter what a let down

Everyone is team white now

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

When basically the Entire team sees one guy as QB1 (Mike White) and the other guy (Wilson) as Not QB1 that's the ball game, end of story.  Mike White is the starting QB of the NY Jets.

Also the Entire team has to see that as far as courage goes (right or wrongly) one guy will stand and fight, stay in the pocket and step up which gives the team a much higher probability of winning the game, which of course is hands down the most important thing because it translates into longer contracts, bigger dollars for a winning team and their families.......and the other guy will turn and run away at the moment he thinks he is about to get hit, which almost always becomes another 3 and Out.

One guy passes for around 300 yards virtually every game.  So far in his short career that has meant moving the ball, almost effortlessly between the 20's, the Red Zone problems Will be fixed, you have to "walk before you can run" and Mike White has the walking part down, at least getting to Red Zone, whereas Wilson is rarely there.  This will soon translate into Points....Lots of them.

Yeah it's not even debatable anymore.  Mike White IS QB1.

You get it.. not only is white playing a lot better than Wilson ever did, but it’s very obvious this team is 100% Mike white.. can you sense the statements they have made ? In the press, and the dam T-shirts.. they are clearly sending a message to Saleh and JD, “ don’t ever dare to mess with our guy and stop threatening to bring back Zach”

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

I'd rather not watch Carter take another snap. Bam knight should be our rb2 next year

Agree . Hall is going to need some time to get going next year and Bam Knight should be the guy who can let him ease into coming back not Carter. I was pretty harsh on Carter last year for the first 6 games or so but even then he didn't become a factor until we started throwing him the ball more when MW came in but his running was never really inspiring and at times it was terrible. I promise in this offense if he keeps missing blocking assignments he's going to get benched before getting the QB killed like he almost did a few times today along with terrible running and a critical Fumble. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I thought it was insane to put him back in.    There’s tough and there’s negligent and stupid.  

you would think the medical staff is competent enough to know whether its safe or not. and that they wouldn't make a stupid decision. but it's been shown in the league that it isn't always the case like what happened with tua

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You do realize most guys like white have a brass pair. They were trying to win a very important game.. was not going to raise white flag and give up..

The HC has a responsability to protect the players.  It's a very fine line and yesterday they crossed it.  

5 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Was a clean, textbook hit but the NFL’s foolish objective to protect QBs is embarrassing.  Either include torpedoing into QBs as part of the foul or abolish it entirely (preferred).

C0C15BE0-86B1-4D9D-83B9-4A0288F1E001.jpeg.2a3093040e2bf786cfa2a038f415b1a6.jpeg

Well you think that the Mike White hit was rough, take a look at this!!

This as they say in the law speaks for itself and tells you all you need to know…..

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

Not “roughing” because Milano didn’t land with “body weight” and because he hit him in the chest / torso as opposed to the helmet, I suppose

Look at this laughable comp last night when roughing was actually called for Herbert.

Bottom line is franchise QBs — with name recognition as such — get the calls.

• Post of the Week 2