Something Else We Seem To Have Lost...A LOT of Smart Jets Fans

SoFlaJets

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

It took you this long to join the Anti-Zach militia?   Mike White gives me Glenn Foley vibes.  Welcome to the board. 

Thanks for the welcome!

I know MW has thrown more interceptions than TD’s like Glenn Foley did (and of course Zach too), but what I remember of Foley was that he was very inconsistent. I know MW just had 2 losses, but I don’t believe everyone thinks he was the main reason for either loss.

8 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Nowhere was I saying that the remaining posters were stupid, what I am saying is we've lost a lot of intelligent Jets fans who used to post here a lot.  I know some of the names I listed are still around but for some reason even guys like Southern Jet and Johnny GB and Greenbean (the NC one)  don't post as much as they used to and that's a shame. JGB mentioned why yesterday in a thread, saying something about people always ending up calling someone they disagree with "a troll". That's almost as infuriating as the "dump this thread" garbage that was a big thing at Jets Insider for years, reminding me of high schoolers at the lunch table cliques. 

Being called a C multiple times by the same person who also calls people “b*tches,” “whiny girls,” “sisters,” etc. with no action taken was just final verification that there is an in/protected crowd and then everyone else. Despite being here 20 years I’m in the latter because I’m by nature a Jets pessimist. This is why I have taken a step back and other than popping in every once in awhile, this is how it will be for me going forward. Not going to talk for my dad, he can share his reasoning if and when he wants.

A group of us started a WhatsApp group that’s enjoyable.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Born in Brooklyn, grew up in Farmingdale. I moved out east to Mt.Sinai (which is near Port Jefferson) when I got married. After my divorce I bought a place in Shoreham.

I’m down here 13 years now. (can’t believe I just wrote that… it feels like yesterday)

I went to (cough cough) Brentwood HS, moved to West Islip. Been in Charlotte since 95. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

There are still a lot of smart Jet fans here. Admittedly, I do post less due to a number of reasons:

-Although being retired for the past 5 years I have been absorbed in directing my sons lives (sorry for them), as they navigate college, one was a baseball player, and their start of careers. 

-There are a lot smarter people than me in discussing football.

-There has been a shift of what was formerly discussing what we see and giving opinions on this site, to digging in trenches and creating an opinion and then being steely hard in the conviction of that opinion, to the detriment of objective analysis. That is of course, just my opinion.

Great site and mostly great people. 

Sadly not exclusive to this board.  It's a societal issue that's only going to keep getting worse.

Edited by AFJF

On 12/12/2022 at 10:39 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Not a lot of new Jets fans were created over the last 12 years.  The ones that HAVE been created mostly just showed up this year out of the blue.  They arrived at this great site and acted like a bunch of millenials or Gen Z's entering a bar where most of the same people have been going for nearly 2 decades. 

Instead of settling in and getting assimilated they acted like they run the place and should dictate how things should be.  Many brought a cult-like obsession with defending Zach Wilson at all costs to the doorstep as well.

It'll get better though.  I think the new guys are starting to figure things out a bit.  Some humble pie has been delivered to the Zach stans and Mike White haters these last few weeks.

yep.  there seem to be a lot of fans climbing on the bandwagon.

9 hours ago, DireJet said:

I posted here/Jetsinsider from Herm to Rex (have since lost my email/pw of that original account). And that was the true golden-era of Internet forums. The Jetnation/Jetsinsider schism was classic. This place was always the Breakfast Club.

The previous decade was pretty brutal so I didn’t let the Jets dictate my free time anymore. I still watched the games but those teams and players were not worth devoting any additional time to in terms of diagnosing/discussing them with mostly strangers on the internet. 

Now, this year, Mike White (and also the rookies Breece, GW & Sauce) has piqued my interest — and he’s a player worth discussing and dissecting.

I think this guy’s 100% the real deal and he’ll make every single person who undersells and discounts him look like a fool. The Jets better not **** this up, but I’m almost certain they will. I’m just going to enjoy the final 4 games of this year (playoffs, maybe?!?!) and hope we get to watch #5 in green again next year. 

Welcome back to the herd DJ. Those teams and players were so bad I don't think they could have beaten many top college teams. My main complaint was ownership back then. How a family could allow perhaps one of the greatest New York teams go from what I saw when they won the Super Bowl and the few years afterwards to becoming an absolute joke. Well, from what I've read from beat reporters on Twitter it seems like Woody really "wants this now". Thank God.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DireJet said:

I posted here/Jetsinsider from Herm to Rex (have since lost my email/pw of that original account). And that was the true golden-era of Internet forums. The Jetnation/Jetsinsider schism was classic. This place was always the Breakfast Club.

The previous decade was pretty brutal so I didn’t let the Jets dictate my free time anymore. I still watched the games but those teams and players were not worth devoting any additional time to in terms of diagnosing/discussing them with mostly strangers on the internet. 

Now, this year, Mike White (and also the rookies Breece, GW & Sauce) has piqued my interest — and he’s a player worth discussing and dissecting.

I think this guy’s 100% the real deal and he’ll make every single person who undersells and discounts him look like a fool. The Jets better not **** this up, but I’m almost certain they will. I’m just going to enjoy the final 4 games of this year (playoffs, maybe?!?!) and hope we get to watch #5 in green again next year. 

When I decided to laugh and the comedy of it all, football became enjoyable again. Some people are at different points of their fandom journey and this really bothers them, however. No hate all love.

Welcome back. 

On 12/13/2022 at 8:01 AM, Scott Dierking said:

There are still a lot of smart Jet fans here. Admittedly, I do post less due to a number of reasons:

-Although being retired for the past 5 years I have been absorbed in directing my sons lives (sorry for them), as they navigate college, one was a baseball player, and their start of careers. 

-There are a lot smarter people than me in discussing football.

-There has been a shift of what was formerly discussing what we see and giving opinions on this site, to digging in trenches and creating an opinion and then being steely hard in the conviction of that opinion, to the detriment of objective analysis. That is of course, just my opinion.

Great site and mostly great people. 

? Smarter people than I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets fans have been tuning out or passing away faster than they are being created for many years. I say bring on the bandwagon!

Here here to that. I'll tell you guy, you have never seen what a Championship by the Jets can do to the whole country.The closest I've seen was when the Yankees finally won it all in 1977 after 16 years of nothing the whole area went Yankees crazy, but when the Jets did it in 69 there were TV shows galore, Joe was in the movies and there was the parade it was just all-encompassing. I think if we can get in the playoffs, and with a bit of luck, then we have a shot.

• Post of the Week 2