It's time to start Zach Wilson again!

Alka

1 hour ago, gdfodder said:

Everyone will continue to tee off on MW because they want to knock him out for good.  Hope protection is good this week and game plan is suited for a short passer.  ZW keeps defenses honest because he potentially stretches the coverage and hit a home run at any time. If I was a defense other than ne I would fear ZW over MW. Just mai 2 cent. 

Zach doesn’t even average one touchdown pass per game. And though he does have a strong arm, he’s not good at completing long passes. So I would have to disagree with you on the “hit a home run at any time”. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, gdfodder said:

Everyone will continue to tee off on MW because they want to knock him out for good.  Hope protection is good this week and game plan is suited for a short passer.  ZW keeps defenses honest because he potentially stretches the coverage and hit a home run at any time. If I was a defense other than ne I would fear ZW over MW. Just mai 2 cent. 

they said that was the 7th OL combination thats has started for us this season. not sure if having Fant and Herbrig start the same time made them need time to get into rhythm. hopefully they are better this week

• Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

He threw for 154 yards and 1 TD and was 5 for 13 on third down. He did minimal. On the other hand, the Jets rushed for 174 yards and a TD. If you think we lost the last game because of White, why do you think we won the first one because of Zach? 

Watch the all throws video.  It’s not bad.  It’s boring.  But it’s fine.  

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

right after Zach was drafted the Madden people asked the rookies what they thought their rating should be 

Zach said 90

for those unfamiliar with the game, rookies even the very best are rarely over 80. It takes time and Pro Bowls to get above 90

Zach thought he was 90 right out of the gate. He called it "not that great, because he hadn't done anything"

to put that number into context a 90 would be the 5th highest QB in the Madden 22 game. It was like Deshaun Watson's rating. 

that's this player's biggest flaw: unearned confidence

and the things that are wrong with him aren't going to be fixed in 3 weeks. There's even a debate if NFL coaches are capable of fixing him at all 

NFL coaches expect a certain level of competence, setting their feet, making easy throws, Zach isn't doing any of that 

because he thinks he doesn't have to 

such a terrible pick by JD and I suspect he will eventually get fired for it. Going 2-14, 4-13 and 7-10 isn't good enough 

Ok so Zach isn't a gamer and doesn't know the history of Madden.  This is a bad thing? 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I give you credit. It isn't crazy to think this, but to post it is a whole other thing. 

I could see your point if Zach actually was a factor in more than 1 of the 5 games he won, but he wasn't so I really don't  know what makes you think Zach would have won the games against the Bills and Vikings. 

Isn't that what makes our site great?  Putting it out there, and let's discuss it!  I feel weird saying this, but this site would be very boring if people held back because they were afraid of how they will be attacked.  It's actually people like you that make me want to be a part of this group.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The jets are 2-0 in games I’ve attended (home and away). Woody should pay me to attend games.

I've been to the Miami game this year, and the Jets won.  I was at the Colts game was it last year, and the Jets won.  The Jets beat the Giants a couple of years ago, and I was at the game, and the Jets won.  I have not personally witnessed the Jets lose in many years.  I was at the Miracle of the Meadowlands game.  I was at the "fake spike" game, and the Jets did lose that game however.  I also was at the AFC Championship game in 1969, and the Jets won.  I actually have a great record of the Jets winning at games that I attend.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiFields said:

Today?  Probably nobody, if he finishes the season continuing to play at high level and winning 3 of 4 or better, there could be a handful, for sure, including the Jets.

Nah. The bad teams will draft someone with talent and the jets want Zach to win the job back. No way they pay Mike Quite starter money and then have a camp competition. This popped up in my feed and I had to show you. 

D4DB905C-C271-4F0E-B1C9-C9F36367E5D3.png

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, and we have another answer

The question is why did you start this and the answer is you are another Zach fan boy.

I am not a Zach fan boy!!!  I wanted the Jets to keep Darnold and trade the #2 pick for a boatload of picks.  As a Jets fan, I will however root for whoever is Quarterbacking our team.  I have been rooting hard for Mike White,, but I'm convinced he's not the answer.  I don't think that Zach is the answer either.  I just think that he's the best guy for right now, to try to win games to get us to the playoffs.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Alka said:

I am not a Zach fan boy!!!  I wanted the Jets to keep Darnold and trade the #2 pick for a boatload of picks.  As a Jets fan, I will however root for whoever is Quarterbacking our team.  I have been rooting hard for Mike White,, but I'm convinced he's not the answer.  I don't think that Zach is the answer either.  I just think that he's the best guy for right now, to try to win games to get us to the playoffs.

It appears to me you are very quick to dismiss any positives MW has displayed over what we have suffered through with Zach. Yeah, yeah, I know, 5-2. The fact is to me we leaned heavily on Breece Hall in 4 of those games. I just don't  see how someone actually overlooks all this and wants the statistically  worst QB in the NFL to start another game until he has convinced the CS he isn't  that anymore and it looks like that hasn't  happened. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Alka said:

I've been to the Miami game this year, and the Jets won.  I was at the Colts game was it last year, and the Jets won.  The Jets beat the Giants a couple of years ago, and I was at the game, and the Jets won.  I have not personally witnessed the Jets lose in many years.  I was at the Miracle of the Meadowlands game.  I was at the "fake spike" game, and the Jets did lose that game however.  I also was at the AFC Championship game in 1969, and the Jets won.  I actually have a great record of the Jets winning at games that I attend.

I DEMAND you go to the rest of the games this year! Do not cost us the playoffs!

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If you watch the ball throws video of the last game, it is better. Look at the throw at 2:10 in particular. 

I did.   Rough 1st half other than the one throw.  

It looks good in the 2nd half.  MLF gets some of the blame for the first half but White also had real accuracy issues to start the game. 

36 minutes ago, Alka said:

Isn't that what makes our site great?  Putting it out there, and let's discuss it!  I feel weird saying this, but this site would be very boring if people held back because they were afraid of how they will be attacked.  It's actually people like you that make me want to be a part of this group.

Lol, you might be in the minority  about that last sentence but cool. 

I Do What I Want GIF by hero0fwar

8 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I did.   Rough 1st half other than the one throw.  

It looks good in the 2nd half.  MLF gets some of the blame for the first half but White also had real accuracy issues to start the game. 

This is the second game where MW has started slow. I don't think MLF trust MW to just come out and sling it right away. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

I DEMAND you go to the rest of the games this year! Do not cost us the playoffs!

I was at the Jets Colts game one year in the playoffs when the Jets won like 47-0, with Manning starting as QB.  I have gone to 1 or 2 games every year for the past 54 years, but mostly 1 game per year. The Jets have only lost a handful of games that I have personally seen. The worst like I said was the fake spike game against Miami.  That game hurt a lot.  Of course my best game was the AFC Championship game in 1969 with Joe Willie. I did not see any game when the Jets were 1-15 that one year.  I did see the Jets lose to the Cowboys the last game that the Jets played in Shea Stadium.  The Jets were awful that year.  If I had to guess, I think the record of my being at games is like 60-10 over the course of my lifetime. I think that's pretty impressive, don't you?  But then again, the home team usually has the advantage.

• Upvote 1

they said that was the 7th OL combination thats has started for us this season. not sure if having Fant and Herbrig start the same time made them need time to get into rhythm. hopefully they are better this week

The combo of MW getting his ribs tattooed often and the reluctance of putting his health first concerns me as a person. Rib injuries are scary, if fractured the wrong way, can act as an blade that can carve his insides up. I’m with u tho, hope he gets some protection this week. Go Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

The Jets announced Flacco as the backup last Monday for the Bills game. The fact that they haven't done the same by Tuesday night leads me to think they are giving Zach a chance to impress in practice to "win" the backup job back. Which is one step closer to him retaking the Job if White goes 1-3. 

Yeah, yeah White has been better but being better and losing games isn't enough for a guy like White to keep Wilson on the bench rest of year. White knows this and that (not the toughness) is what got White back out there on Sunday after getting crushed. He knows his leash is not as long as some here would like to think. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Jets announced Flacco as the backup last Monday for the Bills game. The fact that they haven't done the same by Tuesday night leads me to think they are giving Zach a chance to impress in practice to "win" the backup job back. Which is one step closer to him retaking the Job if White goes 1-3. 

Yeah, yeah White has been better but being better and losing games isn't enough for a guy like White to keep Wilson on the bench rest of year. White knows this and that (not the toughness) is what got White back out there on Sunday after getting crushed. He knows his leash is not as long as some here would like to think. 

This video says otherwise 

ZW is done for this year. Everyone needs to realize that. Sooner the better. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DireJet said:

This video says otherwise 

ZW is done for this year. Everyone needs to realize that. Sooner the better. 

Clean pocket after clean pocket and he still couldn’t hit open guys.  

Perhaps @FidelioJet should take a break from being a petulant child to watch this.  Jets lost AND Wilson’s stats sucked AND he failed the eye test miserably.

Piling on SZN babyyyy

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Clean pocket after clean pocket and he still couldn’t hit open guys.  

Perhaps @FidelioJet should take a break from being a petulant child to watch this.  Jets lost AND Wilson’s stats sucked AND he failed the eye test miserably.

Piling on SZN babyyyy

Hey remember a couple weeks ago when you and most Jets fans were a Zach believer?  Relax. A lot can change in a couple of weeks.  

nEVEr lET ZaCh oN ThE FIelD tHiS yEAr.   Last week.   Now even Bart Scott says Wilson should be QB2.  With the Jets current OLine we might see 4 more QBs this season.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then what happened 

Jets lost.   Zach said “no”.  Emotions high. 90% of Jets fans went from saying Zach was the guy to Zach should never play again this season.  Then White got crushed, Flacco played 3 snaps.  Now the consensus is Zach sould be QB2.  Then we had this lovely thread to share the moment.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

He threw for 154 yards and 1 TD and was 5 for 13 on third down. He did minimal. On the other hand, the Jets rushed for 174 yards and a TD. If you think we lost the last game because of White, why do you think we won the first one because of Zach? 

This is what I don't get. ZW is lauded for a game in which he threw for 154 yards, while MW more than doubling that production is dismissed.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

This is what I don't get. ZW is lauded for a game in which he threw for 154 yards, while MW more than doubling that production is dismissed.

It all comes down to the final score of the game, really. There are other factors, like Zach's completion % and TD passes (Which he both outdid White in) but 1) Yards are a big indicator and 2) If the QB looks ok but the team loses it looks worse than if the QB looks ok but the team wins.

Zach showed a lot of growth that day. There was a lot of hope. He played like an NFL QB should, albeit with a really good rushing game. That all went down the toilet the next game.

• Upvote 1