It's time to start Zach Wilson again!

Alka

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Jets lost.   Zach said “no”.  Emotions high. 90% of Jets fans went from saying Zach was the guy to Zach should never play again this season.  Then White got crushed, Flacco played 3 snaps.  Now the consensus is Zach sould be QB2.  Then we had this lovely thread to share the moment.  

“Consensus”, lol.

I think the consensus is Streveler as the QB2, if we’re just gonna make sh*t up.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s been on what, 2 teams?

Dallas and the Jets?

Journeyman doesn’t have anything to do with travelling. “Journey” is from the French word for day. It basically means work-a-day dude in a sports context. Competent, but nothing special.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Clean pocket after clean pocket and he still couldn’t hit open guys.  

Perhaps @FidelioJet should take a break from being a petulant child to watch this.  Jets lost AND Wilson’s stats sucked AND he failed the eye test miserably.

Piling on SZN babyyyy

Zach Wilson should be on the bench, Zach Wilson fell apart in that second NE game.  Got to a point where it was clear he was literally afffraid to throw the ball - and the oft chance he did it was wildly inaccurate.  His head was a mess.   I do not believe he should play another down this year and for his sake not another down as a Jet.

I'm not talking about Zach.  You want to continue to attack our 3rd string (possibly 4th) inactive QB.  

Mike White should be the starter and he should be for the rest of this season.  Win or Lose.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The defense won that game, not Zach. 

The offense scored 20 points that day, 10 more than this past Sunday.

Zach had more yards per attempt than Mike.

And the defense gave up more yards in their 1st meeting than the 2nd.

One could argue that the offense lost the game this past Sunday.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Lowest point total for the Bills on the year. 

They go by points. 

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

They turned the ball over twice and lost.

We turned the ball over twice and lost. 

both one score games 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And the Jets scored 10 more points in the 1st game, as you say "They go by points."

I think it's  obvious that the Jets lost the last game. What is your point? Zach didn't  win the first game for the Jets. The defense shut down the Bills. The real difference was the running game as far as offense.  

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i tell you something, if Zach isnt the backup this week then he is not doing good in his reset. we shouldn't see him till next year if thats the case.

Agreed.  I do think part of his being inactive was to give white a chance to play without Wilson lurking over his shoulder. 

I think after watching Flacco last week they have to think even bad Zach is better than that. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s been on what, 2 teams?

Dallas and the Jets?

Well he's 27 and been waived about 5 times and only the Jets seemed interested in adding him as a depth piece.  

I'm rooting for him and I hope he has a good week against a horrible defense but until he starts winning games and/or putting up big numbers he's pretty much the definition of a journeyman QB.

51 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I think it's  obvious that the Jets lost the last game. What is your point? Zach didn't  win the first game for the Jets. The defense shut down the Bills. The real difference was the running game as far as offense.  

The defense held the Bills to a 17% 3rd down efficiency in the 2nd game. The defense played better in the 2nd game but they lost. Turnovers were a big factor in both games, but to be dismissive of the performance of Zach in the 1st game isn't accurate. He played well. And was a reason why they won. Not the sole reason but one of the reasons. 

I don't expect Zach to play again this year, and it wouldn't shock me if he never plays another down for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The defense held the Bills to a 17% 3rd down efficiency in the 2nd game. The defense played better in the 2nd game but they lost. Turnovers were a big factor in both games, but to be dismissive of the performance of Zach in the 1st game isn't accurate. He played well. And was a reason why they won. Not the sole reason but one of the reasons. 

I don't expect Zach to play again this year, and it wouldn't shock me if he never plays another down for the Jets. 

Zach was a game manager. Minshew  as well as a host of other QBs could have won the game. His TD pass was by the GL. Zach's  performance was the most average I have seen. I will also say this though.  It was the smartest I saw  him play all season. He didn't force anything and he was climbing the pocket, something he rarely does, but in no way do I think he did anything that White or Flacco couldn't  have done. 

Younstart a player because they give you the best chance to win. Considering the performance, I think White or Flacco would have given us an equal chance

3 hours ago, Claymation said:

hell, one could argue that mike white lost the game this past sunday.  5 straight incompletions to end the game

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Zach was a game manager. Minshew  as well as a host of other QBs could have won the game. His TD pass was by the GL. Zach's  performance was the most average I have seen. I will also say this though.  It was the smartest I saw  him play all season. He didn't force anything and he was climbing the pocket, something he rarely does, but in no way do I think he did anything that White or Flacco couldn't  have done. 

Younstart a player because they give you the best chance to win. Considering the performance, I think White or Flacco would have given us an equal chance

You could be right, but we watched what Flacco and White did against the same team. And for the lack of a better word, they were underwhelming. Gutty performance by White, as he was harassed all day. But in the end, he and his offense only produced 10 points.

If the Jets want White to be their long term QB, he will have to perform against the tough defenses of the AFC East. The Jets only play the NFC North once every 4 years.

I just want to add, that I am not a fan of having Zach as White's backup. It is unfair to White to have to look over his shoulder constantly. The Jets are in the midst of playoff run, I would hate for this team to miss the playoffs because Mike is constantly looking over to the sideline wondering if they are going to yank him or not.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You could be right, but we watched what Flacco and White did against the same team. And for the lack of a better word, they were underwhelming. Gutty performance by White, as he was harassed all day. But in the end, he and his offense only produced 10 points.

If the Jets want White to be their long term QB, he will have to perform against the tough defenses of the AFC East. The Jets only play the NFC North once every 4 years.

I just want to add, that I am not a fan of having Zach as White's backup. It is unfair to White to have to look over his shoulder constantly. The Jets are in the midst of playoff run, I would hate for this team to miss the playoffs because Mike is constantly looking over to the sideline wondering if they are going to yank him or not.

Horrible weather conditions on the road facing the best team in football. Btw Josh Wilson needed CJ Mosely’s help to get 20 points in his own stadium that day

I can only agree with your post title: “It’s Time To Start Zach Wilson Again” if that is what his teammates in the locker room have been calling for, maybe they have all been doing a “Rudy” type of chant “Zach, Zach, Zach”  . . . but a more likely reaction if Zach is named the starter again is his teammates shake their heads in disgust, saying to each other we got to go out there with this guy as our leader after he claimed he was not responsible in anyway for our loss, even though he threw less completions than our punter had punts in his last game as a starter.

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I think as long as MW can walk, he will be the QB this season. 

I want to add, Zach played a Bills D that was without Milano and Poyer. That is a huge difference. 

Just now, VJphillyfan said:

Horrible weather conditions on the road facing the best team in football. Btw Josh Wilson needed CJ Mosely’s help to get 20 points in his own stadium that day

Bad northeast weather is going to be the norm moving forward, if he is unable to perform under these conditions then maybe the Jets will need to look for a different QB.