Respect on that name

Integrity28

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I've been hearing out the team has cost the Jets the game even though the QB has been all world.

Honest question...

What's the point of the team loving him if they underperform for him?  Or does all this Mike White love have no bearing on wether the team wins or loses?

I thought you were ignoring me…

Nobody is calling the QB all-world, btw. 

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Impressive, ehhh, errrr we still loss. 

Whole team is struggling to adapt to change. Defense relaxing now that they have an offense, and offense choking in key moments, while coaches are struggling to adapt to change in personnel.

All we can hope for is that it stabilizes. The pieces are in place. 

I believe. Don’t you?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Chargers have 16 players on IR vs the Jets 6.  No excuses now. 

It’s not an excuse. What are you even talking about. Fido commented on the OL being strong, I comment in why. That’s not an excuse - save that sh*t for the derp threads.

3 minutes ago, greasyt said:

Mike has earned the QB1 role for the rest of the season......however, shame on this coaching staff for suiting up Flacco.  Not only is he slow to move/process......he is clearly disinterested in playing......it was all over his face yesterday.....this coaching staff has done very well this year and I truly think we are in good hands going forward.....but if you want to win at all costs, Flacco can't dress for these games down the stretch

Glad it wasn't just me. It almost felt looking at Flacco on the sidelines that he had no interest in playing, especially the 2nd time he came in. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s not an excuse. What are you even talking about. Fido commented on the OL being strong, I comment in why. That’s not an excuse - save that sh*t for the derp threads.

Haha. I hate when that happens. Adult add is a thing lol 

• WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hyperbole.

The O line has been up and down all season.  As well as makeshift, pretty much all season.  

The biggest difference the past two weeks is quality of opponent.  Vikings and Bills are both potential Super Bowl teams (Vikings perhaps less so), and we played both in their house, and in one case in horrific weather conditions.  It's different than playing the down and rookie-led Steelers, the very down Packers, or The Dolphins led by their #3 QB.  I've been telling you all along, the quality of opponent has risen from early on, and worse, our own depth has continued to get worse every week.  Another season of mostly hurt players.

There were several failures Sunday.  The two turnovers are definitely up there.  Berrios sucking at returns and blowing any and every chance at a field position battle early on was up there (two weeks in a row he's played very poorly overall).  Mosely's fatal penalty.  Our now scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of a rushing offense is a big problem too, we clearly don't have any faith in rushing the ball, especially in short or must-gain situations, at least in part due to the makeshift O-line.

We're going to be lucky to win another game.  Not because Zach is sitting, I'd say the same with him as starter.  We're just worn down, and face mostly good teams now (Jags really the only should-be easy win left), and have little leeway for error.    

This is why your "Zach was 5-2, so White should be 6-1 of it's a fail" was and is silly agenda-driven nonsense.  The loss of QW alone was a gamebreaker yesterday, along with the weather, meaningful differences from the same Bills, in our house, with a wee early game drizzle, a few weeks earlier. 

Yes, of course it's hyperbole.  There's a level of ridiculousness around here right now that's worthy of it.  

What you're saying is mostly rational.  I think "lucky to win another game" is a bit of hyperbole too. But I get your point.  I'm quite a bit more confident in that I honestly expect then to be playing for a playoff spot the last week in Miami.  Taking 2 of the next 3 should set that up.

I don't necessity agree that the only reason we've won games is because of back-up QB's.  I think this defense is legitimately good and teams will keep us in every game.  The offense is just really banged up so points are going to be hard to come by against quality defenses.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Defense takes a big step backwards

the biggest thing that pissed me off is that Sause and DJ ar not following the 2 best WRs. when a CB was on him he did nothing. then he lines up in the slot and Whitehead is 10 yds away and Diggs blows pass him for a big play. 

whats the point in having 2 shutdown corners when they only cover the #1 when he lines up by them.? Diggs should have never had anyone else on them. not for one play. NEVER!!

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Whole team is struggling to adapt to change. Defense relaxing now that they have an offense, and offense choking in key moments, while coaches are struggling to adapt to change in personnel.

All we can hope for is that it stabilizes. The pieces are in place. 

I believe. Don’t you?

No. We need a reliable big target receiver. Mims hasn't done enough, and Davis is always hurt. We need a fullback. Someone who won't screw up his blocking assignments.  If we had one, MW's ribs would still be intact.

• Upvote 2