Respect on that name

Integrity28

24 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Respect on the name? I agree. We gotta respect Streveler more. Hes the answer. 

- Undefeated as a Jets QB 3-0

- Beat the best team in the NFL. Preseason or not. 

- Locker room loves him as much as Mike White. 

- Can throw AND run. A mixture none of the 3 other QBs on roster can accomplish. 

- Big bodied and can take hits. 

- Only QB to make Mims look like an NFL WR. 

Stats? 

24 of 33 277 Yards 5 TDs 1 Int 0 Sacks 71 Yards rushing 124.6 QBR

... and he did that in 5 quarters. 

Hes got Wilson's legs and arm, Whites accuracy, in a thick frame built to play football 6ft1 220lbs. 

Why in the holy **** would people NOT want this guy playing? Or even the chance of him playing? 

The locker room loved Fitzy and Tebow as well - just saying. 

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Whole team is struggling to adapt to change. Defense relaxing now that they have an offense, and offense choking in key moments, while coaches are struggling to adapt to change in personnel.

All we can hope for is that it stabilizes. The pieces are in place. 

I believe. Don’t you?

I believe in you so therefore I believe. 

• Upvote 1

I like MW. I think he a good, albeit slightly limited, qb who is obviously a solid teammate. His play seems to be improving despite playing some pretty tough opponents. There’s a lot to like about him.

He needs to start winning games as opposed to just coming up short. His teammates need to do the same. Until then it really is just SOJ. I hate to say it. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup.

Best QB play we’ve had and the Defense takes a big step backwards, the OL gets worse as they get healthier, and LaFleur doesn’t realize he’s outsmarting himself with his stupid ******* philosophies.

And meanwhile we have to read every day on this board about healthy scratch Zach Wilson's f**king win-loss record.  

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Chargers have 16 players on IR vs the Jets 6.  No excuses now. 

I asked in another thread, still waiting for the answer....did the Chargers lose 2 Starting Offensive Linemen and a probable OROY/All Pro Running back? Or did they just put a bunch of nobodies on IR? 

Context, dude.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Breece, the defense and playing a bunch of backup QBs have us playoff hopes in spite of our flaws and Wilson’s play. White gives us playoff hopes despite our flaws. We played very good defense, Breece was operating at a ROY/OPOY type level and we caught some good fortune. Injury bug coupled with more difficult opponents caught up to us. I just don’t understand how anyone could watch this season, objectively, and not understand Mike White is the QB going forward. I’ll say for the foreseeable future, but for the purpose of this thread, at least the rest of this year. 

Yea, agreed. 

One game at at time. Hard to figure watching these games, knowing we are a flawed team, and come to any conclusion other than this about the QB.

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, on this, I listen to The Athletic Football Podcast with Robert Mays and Nate Tice—two nerds who break down offense to a granular (sometimes boring) level. These two guys obsess over Justin Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, Hurts, etc, but have been openly dismissive of Mike White for weeks—like, clowning the Jets for even having to play someone like White at this point in the year. But today? Today, they did about five minutes on how tough Mike White is and how he makes some throws that “make you sit up in your chair.” It was pretty clear that this was the first time they’d ever watched Mike White play football, and they both came away impressed. Mina Kimes (fwiw) was in the same boat as far as doing lolJets shtick re: White, but she was tweeting today about how “improved” he’s looked, citing the high-difficulty throws he made against the Bills. I get that it’s just a few stupid podcasts, but there’s a new narrative forming around these Mike White Jets and that leads to national exposure, which leads to respectability which—let’s face it—would be kind of cool. 

Anyone that gives a **** about Mina Kime's opinion on Football worries me. Why she is paid to talk about Football still confuses me. 

1 hour ago, greasyt said:

Mike has earned the QB1 role for the rest of the season......however, shame on this coaching staff for suiting up Flacco.  Not only is he slow to move/process......he is clearly disinterested in playing......it was all over his face yesterday.....this coaching staff has done very well this year and I truly think we are in good hands going forward.....but if you want to win at all costs, Flacco can't dress for these games down the stretch

STREVELER!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup.

Best QB play we’ve had and the Defense takes a big step backwards, the OL gets worse as they get healthier, and LaFleur doesn’t realize he’s outsmarting himself with his stupid ******* philosophies.

Defense held the Bills, the leagues best offense to 20 pts, with 2 TOS, Josh Allen to under 150 passing yards, less than half his average, and the Bills to fewer yards than the Jets had.and far below their season average.  Defense didn’t come close to taking a big step backwards.  At least I didn’t see it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Anyone that gives a **** about Mina Kime's opinion on Football worries me. Why she is paid to talk about Football still confuses me. 

We're very happy that you're comfortable with this take on women in sports broadcasting.

31 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Breece, the defense and playing a bunch of backup QBs have us playoff hopes in spite of our flaws and Wilson’s play. White gives us playoff hopes despite our flaws. We played very good defense, Breece was operating at a ROY/OPOY type level and we caught some good fortune. Injury bug coupled with more difficult opponents caught up to us. I just don’t understand how anyone could watch this season, objectively, and not understand Mike White is the QB going forward. I’ll say for the foreseeable future, but for the purpose of this thread, at least the rest of this year. 

It's silly to me that people watch this team every week and think that Mike White couldnt have "won some games" going 12/23 for 150 and maybe a TD while Breece Hall was running wild and they were playing the dregs of the NFL and every teams back up QB.  Because when White he got his crack at a back up QB and a bad team at home, he lit them up for 300 yards and 3 TD's and the Jets won big in a torrential down pour.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Defense held the Bills, the leagues best offense to 20 pts, with 2 TOS, Josh Allen to under 150 passing yards, less than half his average, and the Bills to fewer yards than the Jets had.and far below their season average.  Defense didn’t come close to taking a big step backwards.  At least I didn’t see it. 

Yea, fair, let me qualify my comment a bit more... prior to the Bills and Vikings games, our defense was stifling for 60 minutes. In both of those games, however, there was at least one drive by both offenses where they just breezed right through our D. I felt it was uncharacteristic for what we've seen since like week 3. Forgivable, but still, a part of 2 team losses. So many on JN look to blame losses on 1 person or cause. These 2 games were largely determined by drops, penalties we deserved, biased officiating, turnovers, missed opportunities on some throws, and defensive and/or special teams miscues. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Leads the league in respect and t-shirts

Not so much in wins.

Niners players say the same crap about Purdy. It's what teams do to give marginal players confidence. White is still at 8tds and 10ints last 2 years and is 1-2 while crappy zachy was 5-2.

We need White to play good to make the playoffs.. he's had some flashes but needs to win some games behind a GREAT defense before I'll buy in to him being anything more than a glorified back up.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This offseason, we need to get MFW on this a-holes "supplement" regimen...

lol, joking aside MFW profiles very similarly to Brady... this isn't a comparison of ability, just comparing traits/profile

• Upvote 1

Yup.
That's a lot of excuses piling up.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

With MW, this team would be 7-0 over the ZW stretch with the only key difference being margin of victory 

Instead of having to sweat out games like Pittsburgh and Denver, they are comfortable wins 

MW hasn’t had the luxury of playing with a healthy AVT or Breece

The OL has been in shambles the last 2 games

• Upvote 4

Just now, Dunnie said:

That's a lot of excuses piling up.

I don't view things that actually happened and lead to causation for the loss as "excuses". Nobody with 2 brain cells to rub together would. If I was making up hyperbolic narratives that'd be one thing, but this is just what has happened in the games... 

IMO, the Jets problem right now is that they’re trying to transition to an entirely new offense in midseason and we’re seeing the growing pains of that transition. Zach had more physical talent and LaFleur had to conjure up this stripped-down version of the spread for him so he wouldn’t entirely short-circuit and, honestly, it hurt everyone involved—Zach bristled at the leash he was on, and every one of his receivers blamed their plight on Zach’s bristling. Once they transitioned to White, LaFleur added about 400 pages to the playbook and everyone is back in training camp, but now training camp is in Minnesota and Orchard Park against playoff teams.
Well ... That would be some dumb ass coaching. You don't throw an entire playbook at a team in one week.

I don't view things that actually happened and lead to causation for the loss as "excuses". Nobody with 2 brain cells to rub together would. If I was making up hyperbolic narratives that'd be one thing, but this is just what has happened in the games... 
LaFleur has been out thinking himself all year .. the OL has been suspect all year .. Zach's chicken headless scrambles masked a lot of that issues... Etc etc .. The Defense has not collapsed ... But they are giving a bit more. Tell you what .. if Q is down .. that's a massive massive hit.

Mike White is playing admirably.. but the wins need to start coming.