Respect on that name

Integrity28

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Nah .. before 3 weeks ago the QB was more elusive and had more escapability been screaming this since week 5.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Zach Wilson (and his massive time to throw number) faced pressure on 38% of his dropbacks and was sacked on 20% of those. Mike White—even after the Bills free-for-all—faces pressure on 19.9% of his dropbacks and takes a sack on 19% of those 

Zach Wilson (and his massive time to throw number) faced pressure on 38% of his dropbacks and was sacked on 20% of those. Mike White—even after the Bills free-for-all—faces pressure on 19.9% of his dropbacks and takes a sack on 19% of those 
Well .. if that tells the entire story ... Is the OL playing better all of the sudden. White gets the ball out much more quickly ... A bi product of being a less mobile pocket passer that doesn't run around.

30 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

With MW, this team would be 7-0 over the ZW stretch with the only key difference being margin of victory 

Instead of having to sweat out games like Pittsburgh and Denver, they are comfortable wins 

MW hasn’t had the luxury of playing with a healthy AVT or Breece

The OL has been in shambles the last 2 games

You’re trying too hard.  He was 5-2.  Leave it alone. 

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

We get it, mike white is cool. Win some fcking games now please 

The team has to win the games and while MW is part of that team he also cant help the Drops the Fumbles and the stupid penalties. before everyone who is butt hurt about Zach tries to point fingers at one guy because Zach outright sucks you should comprehend a little more about what's going on in these games. 

Summary -- When the Jets stop making critical mistakes they will start winning games

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

LaFleur has been out thinking himself all year .. the OL has been suspect all year .. Zach's chicken headless scrambles masked a lot of that issues... Etc etc .. The Defense has not collapsed ... But they are giving a bit more. Tell you what .. if Q is down .. that's a massive massive hit.

Mike White is playing admirably.. but the wins need to start coming.

and if White still plays admirably but we keep losing do we go back to Zach and his chicken dances and air mail screen passes?

and if White still plays admirably but we keep losing do we go back to Zach and his chicken dances and air mail screen passes?
Open competition regardless.what happens the remainder of the year. Barring a superhero emergence by White of course.

54 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, fair, let me qualify my comment a bit more... prior to the Bills and Vikings games, our defense was stifling for 60 minutes. In both of those games, however, there was at least one drive by both offenses where they just breezed right through our D. I felt it was uncharacteristic for what we've seen since like week 3. Forgivable, but still, a part of 2 team losses. So many on JN look to blame losses on 1 person or cause. These 2 games were largely determined by drops, penalties we deserved, biased officiating, turnovers, missed opportunities on some throws, and defensive and/or special teams miscues. 

I hear what you’re saying but the Bills and Vikes are 2 of the the leagues best offenses, at home.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

LaFleur has been out thinking himself all year .. the OL has been suspect all year .. Zach's chicken headless scrambles masked a lot of that issues... Etc etc .. The Defense has not collapsed ... But they are giving a bit more. Tell you what .. if Q is down .. that's a massive massive hit.

Mike White is playing admirably.. but the wins need to start coming.

So, good post, except the last bit. Not a single person here disagrees with this. No reason to say it as a “but…” 

I hope im wrong but im not totally buying it.

yes he is tough and a great leader, but the overall eye test and production tell me otherwise.

the game is about scoring points and somehow getting it done. The O is no doing its fair share when compared to what our D is doing

i really hope im wrong

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, good post, except the last bit. Not a single person here disagrees with this. No reason to say it as a “but…” 

People are not acknowledging it right now (Just like you did right now) so as long as he is getting some yards people don;t seem to care as long as it is not wilson.  Heck you even bring up the fact the is like 2-4 and people have a snit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The OL has been really bad the past 3 weeks really harming the QB's performance.

The 7 weeks prior - the OL was the reason for anything good to come from the QB.

He gets a pass for Duane Brown with the mess Becton created, and Ryan Khalil was signed for short money, but given the money and pedigree, Laken Tomlinson could be the biggest free agent whiff so far in JD's time as GM...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Hyperbole.

The O line has been up and down all season.  As well as makeshift, pretty much all season.  

The biggest difference the past two weeks is quality of opponent.  Vikings and Bills are both potential Super Bowl teams (Vikings perhaps less so), and we played both in their house, and in one case in horrific weather conditions.  It's different than playing the down and rookie-led Steelers, the very down Packers, or The Dolphins led by their #3 QB.  I've been telling you all along, the quality of opponent has risen from early on, and worse, our own depth has continued to get worse every week.  Another season of mostly hurt players.

There were several failures Sunday.  The two turnovers are definitely up there.  Berrios sucking at returns and blowing any and every chance at a field position battle early on was up there (two weeks in a row he's played very poorly overall).  Mosely's fatal penalty.  Our now scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of a rushing offense is a big problem too, we clearly don't have any faith in rushing the ball, especially in short or must-gain situations, at least in part due to the makeshift O-line.

We're going to be lucky to win another game.  Not because Zach is sitting, I'd say the same with him as starter.  We're just worn down, and face mostly good teams now (Jags really the only should-be easy win left), and have little leeway for error.    

This is why your "Zach was 5-2, so White should be 6-1 of it's a fail" was and is silly agenda-driven nonsense.  The loss of QW alone was a gamebreaker yesterday, along with the weather, meaningful differences from the same Bills, in our house, with a wee early game drizzle, a few weeks earlier. 

Nobody mentioned how bad berrios was in punt return this past week.  Good to see someone else saw it also.  He cost us lots of yards close to the goal line 

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Respect on the name? I agree. We gotta respect Streveler more. Hes the answer. 

- Undefeated as a Jets QB 3-0

- Beat the best team in the NFL. Preseason or not. 

- Locker room loves him as much as Mike White. 

- Can throw AND run. A mixture none of the 3 other QBs on roster can accomplish. 

- Big bodied and can take hits. 

- Only QB to make Mims look like an NFL WR. 

Stats? 

24 of 33 277 Yards 5 TDs 1 Int 0 Sacks 71 Yards rushing 124.6 QBR

... and he did that in 5 quarters. 

Hes got Wilson's legs and arm, Whites accuracy, in a thick frame built to play football 6ft1 220lbs. 

Why in the holy **** would people NOT want this guy playing? Or even the chance of him playing? 

He would be an all star at Amazon intermural football league

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Don't worry.....there will be some Zach fans in here soon sh*tting all over this because, you know.....ZACH WILSON!!!!

I don't care if the Jets are starting Al Woodall at qb as long as that qb wins. Whites a nice story but he's 2-5 overall.  I've never seen a bigger fuss made over a losing qb since Tim f'in Tebow.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Open competition regardless.what happens the remainder of the year. Barring a superhero emergence by White of course.

for next year i agree. but if White keeps playing like he is and we keep losing i wouldnt start Zach unless were out of the playoffs.

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

He gets a pass for Duane Brown with the mess Becton created, and Ryan Khalil was signed for short money, but given the money and pedigree, Laken Tomlinson could be the biggest free agent whiff so far in JD's time as GM...

Yea, shocking how bad Laken has been. Everyone was psyched about that signing.

6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I don't care if the Jets are starting Al Woodall at qb as long as that qb wins. Whites a nice story but he's 2-5 overall.  I've never seen a bigger fuss made over a losing qb since Tim f'in Tebow.  

EXACTLY!

So, we SHOULD stick with Mike White since, well he has a better career record than Al Woodall (5-14) and well, that other guy (8-12).

11 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I will be LIVID if this team lets Mike White down and messes up his opportunity and chance at the playoffs. There’s no wiggle room left. The OL and other stupid mistakes are killing our chances despite the best QB play all year. I don’t know if he can overcome that on his own since he’s not meant to be a Patrick Mahomes type player. He just needs to be competent and consistent, which he has shown. This may not be enough to get a fair shot at officially being the Jets QB though and that’s complete bullsh*t. 

good point.  mike white is doing his job.  the rest of the team needs to step up.  hopefully the oline will come out with some fire in their bellies on sunday.  and let's hope for no turnovers.  it can be said carter's fumble was one of the key plays.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Well .. if that tells the entire story ... Is the OL playing better all of the sudden. White gets the ball out much more quickly ... A bi product of being a less mobile pocket passer that doesn't run around.

Right, it’s a middling offensive line that gets exposed the longer you hold the ball. Sacks hadn’t been a White problem until Sunday. 

• Upvote 1

Right, it’s a middling offensive line that gets exposed the longer you hold the ball. Sacks hadn’t been a White problem until Sunday. 
Yeah ... The kid sped up his ball handling times ... Is he working through progressions or going with 1st reads more ?

Either way .. he has the 2nd fastest time to release.in the NFL that explains less sacks.

• Upvote 1