Need Advice for Sunday - Transportation to/from MetLife from Newark

Sunday will be my first home game since December 14, 2008 when Shaun Ellis recovered a fumble from Bills QB J. P. Losman and ran it for a touchdown in the final two minutes, for the 31-27 win. Coming into town from Detroit with two Lions fans, who you can keep and do whatever you want with if the Lions win.

Anyway need some transportation advice. Staying at the Hampton Inn l off Route 1 & 9 near Newark Airport and weighing my options to get to/from the game. I'll be tailgating with @Maxman and the JN faithful at the RV and plan on getting there early in the morning and will really be in no rush to get back to the hotel once the game is over. 

Current plan is to Uber/Lyft from the hotel to the stadium but I'm curious if that's going to be a nightmare and what everyone's experience is with that. I know I can take the train in as well and have looked into that, but I'd prefer to rideshare. 

Anyone have any experiences or advice in doing that, both for getting to the game and most importantly, leaving MetLife sometime after the game. I'm more worried about getting out of there after the game with thousands of others who are looking to do the same thing.

Appreciate any advice you can give me to help plan accordingly. Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Sunday will be my first home game since December 14, 2008 when Shaun Ellis recovered a fumble from Bills QB J. P. Losman and ran it for a touchdown in the final two minutes, for the 31-27 win. Coming into town from Detroit with two Lions fans, who you can keep and do whatever you want with if the Lions win.

Anyway need some transportation advice. Staying at the Hampton Inn l off Route 1 & 9 near Newark Airport and weighing my options to get to/from the game. I'll be tailgating with @Maxman and the JN faithful at the RV and plan on getting there early in the morning and will really be in no rush to get back to the hotel once the game is over. 

Current plan is to Uber/Lyft from the hotel to the stadium but I'm curious if that's going to be a nightmare and what everyone's experience is with that. I know I can take the train in as well and have looked into that, but I'd prefer to rideshare. 

Anyone have any experiences or advice in doing that, both for getting to the game and most importantly, leaving MetLife sometime after the game. I'm more worried about getting out of there after the game with thousands of others who are looking to do the same thing.

Take the train. It leaves you right next to the stadium. Uber is only going to take you as far as the parking lot gate if you have the patience  to sit in the traffic by the stadium. That is a long walk in the cold. There are some shuttles from outer lots but not sure they take you if you don't park there

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Take the train. It leaves you right next to the stadium. Uber is only going to take you as far as the parking lot gate if you have the patience  to sit in the traffic by the stadium. That is a long walk in the cold. There are some shuttles from outer lots but not sure they take you if you don't park there

Thanks!  From what I'm reading online, it sounds like getting out of there via Uber is a damn nightmare. 

20 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Thanks!  From what I'm reading online, it sounds like getting out of there via Uber is a damn nightmare. 

Hey Gun,

Tech challenged so not sure how to PM you but if you are interested in a ride to and from the game, I can help you out. If you can PM me I can explain and if you are interested, I would be happy to help.

On 12/13/2022 at 10:17 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Sorry Pat, I’m not going to make it this Sunday. Got Covid on my Florida vacation and am hunkering down in the BP Haus for the game. Have a good time and I hope @Maxman brings pork roll

uber

1 hour ago, BP said:

Sorry Pat, I’m not going to make it this Sunday. Got Covid on my Florida vacation and am hunkering down in the BP Haus for the game. Have a good time and I hope @Maxman brings pork roll

No pork roll I am still in Disney, fly in Saturday night. Will be at the stadium bright and early Sunday just no pork roll lol.

Sorry you got COVID, hope it's mild.

• Upvote 1

I like the mojo you’re bringing that’s for sure.

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No pork roll I am still in Disney, fly in Saturday night. Will be at the stadium bright and early Sunday just no pork roll lol.

Sorry you got COVID, hope it's mild.

Sniffles (a head cold + testing positive) I’m good, thanks! Enjoy your trip and safe travels home! 

• Upvote 1

On 12/14/2022 at 4:47 PM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Yes it is. A way to keep the fare down is to book your exit a while before end of game. After that the prices go way up. But it is no fun and also a nightmare to find the Uber if you try to avoid the cab zone.

I haven’t tried the train but sounds great. Busses to and from game from Manhattan is also ok, but not where you going.

1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Damn brother.  Hope you feel okay. 

Thanks bud! And have fun!

Heres my tip on Uber/Lyft. Secure a ride to stadium and negotiate cash pickup option with the same driver. I did that when I ubered from seaside park to the stone pony to see ss Johnny before dumbass Springsteen showed up with the cover bands. The trip there was $70.00 for 3 people, I negotiated $100.00 cash for the ride back and got her cell #(just to be clear I didn’t pay her nothing until she picked us up). I checked for sh*ts and giggles and Uber wanted $300.00 at the end of the night. It all depends on if you have a cool driver.