How good is Bam Knight?

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

Honestly, his emergence gives us great flexibility with Carter. We should flip Carter for the highest pick we can get. 

The really good teams know how to replenish draft picks like that with above average players that get scrambled in the depth charts. The Patriots did it for YEARS and we are starting to get into a position where we can too. 

The NE move would be to allow Q to walk. You ok with that?

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

The NE move would be to allow Q to walk. You ok with that?

Comparing Qs value to Michael Carters value is ridiculous, get out of here with that nonsense. In Qs situation, NE would pay him, and then move him halfway through his contract. 

I'm 100% fine moving Michael Carter for a draft pick. 

5 hours ago, KRL said:

In my opinion we won't know until next year.  Right now I believe Knight not being
hit the first 12 weeks of the season has allowed him to play at a faster speed than
the defenders he's going against.  Could he be a Lamont Jordan type?  

Agreed, being fresh certainly helps, but he topped out at near 20mph, which was the fastest run of week 13 (with a gps clocked 4.39 split). That’s fast regardless of what week. 

We’re going to need him, Breece, Carter and another. It seems like it’s shaping up to be like San Fran’s offense and they seemingly chew through 4-5 running backs each year. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KRL said:

In my opinion we won't know until next year.  Right now I believe Knight not being
hit the first 12 weeks of the season has allowed him to play at a faster speed than
the defenders he's going against.  Could he be a Lamont Jordan type?  

I loved Jordan. He had no second gear in madden, which made him obsolete. I say all this to say, Joe McKnight > Bam McKnight > Brian McKnight > Carter.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Love him. Not giving up on Carter so fast though, like everyone else. Think he’s misused like a lot of this offense is. 

100% misused. MC should be the RB moved around the formation. Instead MLF runs him between the tackles. Almost like he thinks he’s fooling the defense. .. but obviously not.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Praise  @Smashmouth

Carter is a good back in the passing game and next year Bam will be getting a lot of carries early to help ease Breece back into the mix. Once Breece is back to being Breece Michael Carter will be lucky to be the third down back not because of anything he did wrong in the passing game but simply because Knight is a better player than Carter in just about every way.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Carter is a good back in the passing game and next year Bam will be getting a lot of carries early to help ease Breece back into the mix. Once Breece is back to being Breece Michael Carter will be lucky to be the third down back not because of anything he did wrong in the passing game but simply because Knight is a better player than Carter in just about every way.

So trade him for assets once Breece is  healthy or keep the depth! Just asking because somebody mentioned it. Can’t help but feel we need 2-3 lineman for  next year. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

So trade him for assets once Breece is  healthy or keep the depth! Just asking because somebody mentioned it. Can’t help but feel we need 2-3 lineman for  next year. 

Well he would be good trade bait but if you're going to do that don't run his ass between the Tackles ever again he's just not that kind of back. I would be happy with Breece Bam and Ty . We also have Robinson who will be coming back fresh next year. Once again the Jets are loaded with Depth and JD did it in 2 short years and one stellar draft. If JD has another draft like this next year based on the picks we currently have we should fill holes on the OL, LB (depth) FS (not a Must), and go get a Big Possession WR maybe do that through FA

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bd71 said:

Good complimentary back to Breece.  Showing he can handle the load for an extended period of time.  His emergence means that Carter can move to strictly a  3rd down, pass catching RB out of the backfield, instead of a between the tackles type of runner.  

Imagine defenses trying to deal with these 2 guys next year. We don't have to Hammer either one just go with the hot hand from week to week and you will always have a fresh beast of a back ready to shut down games in the 4th quarter. What excites me more is having them both in the backfield at the same time and how much that will open up this offense, an offense IMHO that is ready to explode once they get the mistakes under control with Mike White at QB running the show.

I say Mike White because MW knows this offense and If we are going to bring a QB in here for more stability it would almost have to be to back up White and the only guy good enough to trust and not Balk at a back up role would be Minshew if he's available. 

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s awesome. I knew he would be awesome. MLF needs to stop the gimmicks and feed thus kid 20+ touches a game.

Thank you!

Why is this point not being pounded home more, MLF is simply not doing a good job in critical areas.

Think absent an injury we wouldn’t know that Knight was this good but we would still know that teams are no longer  fooled anymore about the end around trick plays!

Also on another front, MLR almost got Mike White KILLED on Sunday by refusing to Max Protect at times…

The dude needs to stop being cute!

7 hours ago, DireJet said:

He’s good enough that I’m sure most of us are wondering 2 things:

1) Why did we trade for James Robinson?

2) Why did Bam not play sooner?

Ummmmm answers…

1) MLF, because he did not think that we had a back or backs on the roster who could get the job done;

2) MLF……or see answer 1 above..

seems like bunch of scorn woman around here because MC dropped a pass.  MC is a great pass blocking back and as much as I love Bam, MC was way better in college.  The reason his stats have gone down is because they don't seem to be using Bam and MC like they were using Breece and MC where both backs were on field at same time.  I actually liked those formations and thought they worked well since both backs were good at pass protection, they can run or go out for pass.  I suspect MC good friend E.Moore is getting more of those reps as they try to utilize him more in backfield motion.  I think MC will be fine though he is definitely not one of the problems on this team.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DireJet said:

He’s good enough that I’m sure most of us are wondering 2 things:

1) Why did we trade for James Robinson?

2) Why did Bam not play sooner?

remember 32 teams had a chance to draft him for 7 rounds and they didnt. maybe Bam wasnt ready. everybody likes to blame this CS for this or Flacco playing over White but now that i remember it White wasnt all that good in preseason. 

like if today the say Flacco is the backup again this board will lose its mind. but Salehs been pretty good this year so i am going to trust them that Zach isnt ready.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DireJet said:

White carved up the Giants in preseason. He didn’t get reps with the 1s but would’ve played the same way if he did. Atrocious decision to start Flacco first 3 games. They were protecting ZW and it’s never been more clear now. 

that was the last game. first 2 he was not good. but i agree they did it to protect Zach.

interesting to see what they do today.