Which Position Unit Are You Most Impressed With This Season?

DKBxJets

Which Position Unit Are You Most Impressed With This Season?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Which Position Unit Are You Most Impressed With This Season?

• Quarterback
    • Running Back
    • Offensive Line
    • Tight End
    • Wide Receiver
    • Defensive Line
    • Linebacker
    • Cornerback
    • Safety
    • Special Teams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2023 at 08:00 PM

For me I'm going cornerback group. Having 3 cornerbacks playing as the top 15 best players in the unit is elite. I also don't think we would have seen the performances the defensive line has been able to display without the coverage the unit has provided this season. DJ Reed is young enough to get a second contract from us if this isn't a one year wonder, Sauce could solidify himself as the best cornerback in the NFL next year in an expanded role (following best player), and MC2 still has areas he can improve but has been more involved with takeaways and the run game. Brandin Echols will continue to grow and while we may lose Bryce Hall we can start throwing darts in the 5th-7th rounds on Tariq Woolen type players to stash and develop.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

For the injuries they’ve dealt with and the hell they took from fans for BYU sucking up the joint — the OL. Glad to see them get some retribution with Mike White in there.

This.

I don't recall a Jets season in recent history where so many were injured.  Hell, I don't even remember who started the first game.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

27 minutes ago, PS17 said:

It’s the defensive line for me. We’ve clamored for decades now about not getting pressure without blitzing. Well now we’re finally doing that and it’s transformed the defense.

CB in a very close second.

...because of the secondary. 

But yes, the D-line has been very good. 

• Upvote 2

CB and DL has been lights out.  LB not too shabby either.  CJ Mosley has been like a vacuum cleaner.  I forgive him for his 4th and 1 penalty.  He has political capital.  Even Joyner has stepped it up.

Offense.  Ummm... Ummmm... 

Love Garrett Wilson and really diggin' Bam Bam

If I had to pick the best overall, I'd say CB.  Jets arguably the best CB tandem in the NFL

1 hour ago, KRL said:

It won't be popular after the shots White took in the BUF game but I'm going
to say the OLine.  The coaching, depth and versatility they had to show with 
all the injuries they've faced has been incredible

Definitely in the top 3. Nobody has really been able to play with the same tackles all season long and we still have Duane playing at 50% at best with his shoulder injury and RT has been a revolving door.

49 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Special teams is getting no love? They've blocked punts in big moments. Converted first downs on fake punts. FGs are almost a gimme from 55 yards in. Cover teams have been awesome overall. 

100% We know it's not the flashiest unit even though they've had some of the biggest moments of the season for us. Boyer has them guys looking like a top 10 unit year in and year out.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

It won't be popular after the shots White took in the BUF game but I'm going
to say the OLine.  The coaching, depth and versatility they had to show with 
all the injuries they've faced has been incredible

I appreciate this take.  They have not been world beaters, but to do as well as they have with the amount of injuries they have had is shocking.  Every week they are trotting different guys out there.  They have played, what?  Seven different tackles?  Surprised they didn't just shut down and take their lumps like last year.  It really has been next man up. 

The defensive line is great, but they should be.  Lots of money.  High draft picks, few injuries.  By all rights the OLine should be horrific and they are generally fine.  Not great, but fine.  For that reason corner is what impressed me.  Sauce is great.  Reed is better than expected.  Carter II generally very good in the nickel and Echols was good filling ing.  Hall being inactive shows they are basing it on merit, not last year's rankings.

• Upvote 1

Most impressive: Cornerbacks. Self-explanatory.

Butt I gotta say I'm disappointed in the tight ends. They've been uncharacteristically loose.

I mean, we've now got a QB who can fit it in those tight windows, but all too often they let an easy one slip through their grasp. They really need to start clenching down and cradling some of those balls.

Also:

Penetrate To The Moon GIF

• Upvote 2

Sauce is the man, was my 1st choice at #4 overall

But his tackling leaves a lot to be desired

On the Knox TD he completely whiffed and let Knox leap over him

He doesn’t look like he’s willing to throw his body in there

May be a smart move in terms of his career longevity and business decisions but not necessarily optimal for team success

• More Ugh 1

Both Dline and DBs are doing really good. But I went with Dline, as their success getting after the QB has directly led to a lot of the success the DBs are having. A QB under constant pressure and about to get creamed will let the ball go a 1/2 second sooner than he wants to, which more times than not leads to an int or pass breakup.

I picked D-line, because they gelled into a major force to be reckoned with this season.

There are multiple positions that have played beyond my expectations though, most notable is the O-line, with the rash of injuries they have been sustaining. It's good to see there is hope of a solid future with the depth we have.