12 years old yes or no?

3 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

65545931-11533891-image-m-24_16709545169

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11538799/Texas-12-year-old-football-player-BULLDOZES-rival-field.html

The Texas native won an MVP honors award at the Youth National Championships in Miami over the weekend, bolstering his already impressive credentials.But his achievement has been drastically overshadowed by the viral response to his age - which left fans convinced some trickery must be afoot.After a picture of the young footballer sporting a mustache went viral on Twitter and Instagram, social media users were left stunned to learn how old Jeremiah actually is - begging the question: can anyone guess the young running back's real age? 

While many internet users guessed anywhere between 20 and 35, Jeremiah is actually almost a decade younger.

.....He looks older than Zach. Having a hard time believing he's 12...unless its in dog years. Maybe its the tattoo that's making him look older? Yeah that's a real tattoo.

While I wouldn't have guessed 12, his upper body is under-developed for a 20-35 y.o.

I would have guessed 16-17...and still been wrong

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11538799/Texas-12-year-old-football-player-BULLDOZES-rival-field.html

The Texas native won an MVP honors award at the Youth National Championships in Miami over the weekend, bolstering his already impressive credentials.But his achievement has been drastically overshadowed by the viral response to his age - which left fans convinced some trickery must be afoot.After a picture of the young footballer sporting a mustache went viral on Twitter and Instagram, social media users were left stunned to learn how old Jeremiah actually is - begging the question: can anyone guess the young running back's real age? 

While many internet users guessed anywhere between 20 and 35, Jeremiah is actually almost a decade younger.

.....He looks older than Zach. Having a hard time believing he's 12...unless its in dog years. Maybe its the tattoo that's making him look older? Yeah that's a real tattoo.

Antonio Brown 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I watched a 7th grade basketball game yesterday. You’d be surprised how developed some of these kids are.

Looking at his lack of muscle definition and considering he is likely an active kid, I’m not surprised he is a middle schooler. 

Dude has a mustache. I couldn’t grow facial hair till at least 15. Face alone he looks 35

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

The Chosen One of the NFL.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Dude has a mustache. I couldn’t grow facial hair till at least 15. Face alone he looks 35

I hear you. Kids develop different. My son is 12 and you could not guess which of his friends is older. The oldest of his friends looks like he is in elementary school. My son could pass as a young high schooler with his very light shadow. So two kids, born months apart, look at least 4-6 years apart. Late developer vs early developer. Boys in middle school vary wildly.

It’s even hard to use muscle definition as guide. In the middle school game I saw yesterday, one of the kids was jacked. Very muscular. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, DLJ said:

His mom said the tattoo is fake, it’s a temporary tat because he wanted some “ swag”, which if you look at it you can tell it is.

He has a child’s face he’s just bigger than normal.

I think what’s adding to it is the - technically fat tissue, I guess - elevated areas on his face on either side of his nose, that create his face lines around it that you don’t usually see on such a fit kid, until someone’s older.

His having that can be deceptive, because when I look at other middle schoolers in comparison & they all seem to have super-taut skin with no face lines, like if I gave myself a face-lift by mushing my hands to the sides of your face and pull towards my ears, making even middle-age lines disappear (aside from what else it distorts lol). But most 12 yr olds, unless they’re carrying around the extra weight of a non-athlete or OL in JHS, you see a sea of faces with not a line or crease on it unless they’re smiling.

The lack of age-like lines is a lot of what makes young kids look so young (at least skinnier/fitter kids like him). That you can see lines on his face, when he’s not obviously heavy, gives the illusion of older age (plus the ‘stache & goatee). Conversely, when those a bit older don’t have any “character’ lines on their faces - never mind if they’re guys who still don’t really grow facial hair yet - that’s what gives them a baby face. I had that for a long time. Not anymore, lol. Kids give wrinkles. And gray hair. Little monsters.