Any updates on Q?

CTJetsFan

20 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

My biggest concern right now. Q is what makes that defense roll. Gotta have him in there this week.

Yes, tough situation. Really calves are generally soft tissue injuries that if pushed will possibly tear or players could favor the calf and blow out an ankle or knee. But, without him this week if the rush is pedestrian and we lose the playoffs are probably lost. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Yes, tough situation. Really calves are generally soft tissue injuries that if pushed will possibly tear or players could favor the calf and blow out an ankle or knee. But, without him this week if the rush is pedestrian and we lose the playoffs are probably lost. 

Yeah… that’s all the Jets need is to play QW too soon, he has to move differently than usual, then tears his Achilles because of it.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

He's a big part but Reed and Sauce are bigger. Maybe even Huff too. But he has been elite this year and we need him

He's much more important to this defense now than the CBs.  A pass rush is more important than coverage. Without a pass rush, even the best defensive backs give up yardage.  Q is the key to the defense and the Jets will sorely miss him on Sunday.  

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He didn’t practice yesterday. Saleh said he is “50-50”  for the game. (My guess is he’s not playing)

I say rest Quinnen Williams for these next two home games, to get him right for the last two road games. I think our D-Line is deep enough to beat the Lions and Jaguars at MetLife Stadium. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I say rest Quinnen Williams for these next two home games, to get him right for the last two road games. I think our D-Line is deep enough to beat the Lions and Jaguars at MetLife Stadium. 

Yep....This is the most likely route....We will see Q after the mini bye for two huge games against Seattle and Miami

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He's much more important to this defense now than the CBs.  A pass rush is more important than coverage. Without a pass rush, even the best defensive backs give up yardage.  Q is the key to the defense and the Jets will sorely miss him on Sunday.  

Not worth arguing over. No question he is a critical part of our defense that we know need to pay.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I definitely get the sentiment, but I think it's all hands on deck right now. The Jets are very capable of losing to either the Lions or the Jags and they need to approach this game like it's round 1 of the playoffs. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I definitely get the sentiment, but I think it's all hands on deck right now. The Jets are very capable of losing to either the Lions or the Jags and they need to approach this game like it's round 1 of the playoffs. 

I could see them letting him heal for Lions game. Jags is a must win though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Calf injuries are tough to get over like a hamstring. You got to rest Quinnen Williams, or we don't have him for the road trip. The deepest part of this team is the D-Line. Rest Q. 

• Upvote 2

With us on a short week I don't see Williams playing both games unless he's had 
a miraculous recovery.  So I think he'll be held out of the DET game, this is
a perfect time for Ulbrich to alter his scheme.  If I were him I would flip
Franklin-Myers inside next to Rankins and increase the reps outside for Johnson,
Huff and Clemons   

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I could see them letting him heal for Lions game. Jags is a must win though.

Agreed that the Jags game is more important because it's an AFC game, but I actually think this Lions game is going to make or break our season. I think we are at a very critical point - coming off two heartbreaking losses on the road to elite teams, I think we need a "feel good/get right" game at home in the worst way. If we lose this game and head into the Thursday night game on a 3 game losing streak, I could see the wheels coming off emotionally and psychologically. I think this is a huge, huge game for our mojo. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed that the Jags game is more important because it's an AFC game, but I actually think this Lions game is going to make or break our season. I think we are at a very critical point - coming off two heartbreaking losses on the road to elite teams, I think we need a "feel good/get right" game at home in the worst way. If we lose this game and head into the Thursday night game on a 3 game losing streak, I could see the wheels coming off emotionally and psychologically. I think this is a huge, huge game for our mojo. 

It would be nice but not necessary. I think the feel good/get right thing is over rated. Remember when Rex announced we were out of the playoffs in 2009? ?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It would be nice but not necessary. I think the feel good/get right thing is over rated. Remember when Rex announced we were out of the playoffs in 2009? ?

I think it's important for a young team. The Jets have also lost 4 of 6. Losing 5 of 7 feels a lot worse than 4 of 7 . . . 

44 minutes ago, KRL said:

With us on a short week I don't see Williams playing both games unless he's had 
a miraculous recovery.  So I think he'll be held out of the DET game, this is
a perfect time for Ulbrich to alter his scheme.  If I were him I would flip
Franklin-Myers inside next to Rankins and increase the reps outside for Johnson,
Huff and Clemons   

Agree though not sure there are more reps to be had for Huff. He is sort of in there on any remotely obvious passing down.