28. Buffalo Bills – S Antonio JohnsonTexas A&M
29. Dallas Cowboys – DE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
30. Kansas City Chiefs – DE Jared VerseFlorida State
31. Philadelphia Eagles – DE Isaiah Foskey, Notre Dame

O'Cyrus Torrence

6'5"  347 lbs
Scheme: Gap/Power Run
Ideal Role: RG/LG

McShay has him listed as an OT but he doesn't appear fast enough to play that at the next level. I am very impressed with his play given the step up in competition this season.

Total Snaps

LG: 830

RG: 2,186

RT: 46

Career
1 Hit  |  24 Hurries  |  0 Sacks  |  No Penalties in 2022

Tape vs Georgia (2022) - Goes against Top IDL Jalen Carter

ee

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 12.10.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-15 at 12.09.52 PM.png

• Upvote 1

So with this I imagine AVT moved to an OT spot and Ocyrus plays RG? 

We would have Mekhi, Mitchell as depth pieces then? 

Feel like we have a lot of depth at OLine but no one really exciting aside from AVT who is going to be coming back from a triceps repair

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

So with this I imagine AVT moved to an OT spot and Ocyrus plays RG? 

We would have Mekhi, Mitchell as depth pieces then? 

Feel like we have a lot of depth at OLine but no one really exciting aside from AVT who is going to be coming back from a triceps repair

I’m on board with Ocyrus.  Could you imagine we draft him and the rest of our guys like AVT and Becton stay healthy? What a beast offensive line

6 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

I’m on board with Ocyrus.  Could you imagine we draft him and the rest of our guys like AVT and Becton stay healthy? What a beast offensive line

Unfortunately, I think our imaginations are the only place where Becton actually CAN stay healthy. 

• Upvote 3

I'm never anti-OL investment, to the annoyance of a lot here - Not up to speed on this year's class but looking at McShay's mock it seems a whole bunch of CB's and DB's that are going right after. If that's where the chips are falling then OL is the obvious play. Not a single LB taken in the first round which is discouraging - Is the class that bad? Normally mid-late teens is a good spot for them. 

Away from QB and maybe TE the line is the clear weakness on the offence. Relying on a 38 year old and the terminally undependable Becton is a recipe for disaster. Even if Fant is resigned he's been injury prone as well as flat out bad in a contract year. I hope we have the balls to bench Tomlinson if the poor play continues but you likely just have to hope he improves. McGovern is overrated trash, a PFF merchant if there ever was one. If AVT moves outside the interior needs some improvement. 

• Upvote 3

O'Cyrus Torrence had a good season last year playing next to Max Mitchell. Haven't seen him play this season at UF but this would ultimately be a travesty of a pick for the Jets to make. Please guys, don't talk yourself into this. McShay has Paris Johnson going top 10. That's the highest I've seen him go. Really liked him if we picked 15-24 range. Jaelyn Duncan from Maryland is on tier with Johnson on tape. Anton Harrison from OU should also be in the mix in the late 1st or 2nd round.

But going from this mock, I would go with Jared Verse, DE, FSU. JFM and Lawson cost a ton as above average to good players. Therefore for cap purposes draft their replacement because when they hit FA they're going to once again ask for a ton. Verse, Johnson, Clemons and Huff would make a great two unit edge group.

I would also favor Jordan Addison. We can spend the Davis and Berrios money elsewhere. Why do 1st round TEs ever workout? Therefore I would shy away from Michael Myers and look for a WR despite our TEs being high priced JAGs

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Literally what what everyone wants to do every year lol.

I wouldn’t hate it but it’s difficult to do.

It’s easier when Mcshay board has a group of CB’s going immediately after our pick. As Reed & Sauce have shown, that’s a position group that can have a big impact on a team. 

17 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

O'Cyrus Torrence had a good season last year playing next to Max Mitchell. Haven't seen him play this season at UF but this would ultimately be a travesty of a pick for the Jets to make. Please guys, don't talk yourself into this. McShay has Paris Johnson going top 10. That's the highest I've seen him go. Really liked him if we picked 15-24 range. Jaelyn Duncan from Maryland is on tier with Johnson on tape. Anton Harrison from OU should also be in the mix in the late 1st or 2nd round.

But going from this mock, I would go with Jared Verse, DE, FSU. JFM and Lawson cost a ton as above average to good players. Therefore for cap purposes draft their replacement because when they hit FA they're going to once again ask for a ton. Verse, Johnson, Clemons and Huff would make a great two unit edge group.

I would also favor Jordan Addison. We can spend the Davis and Berrios money elsewhere. Why do 1st round TEs ever workout? Therefore I would shy away from Michael Myers and look for a WR despite our TEs being high priced JAGs

Interesting, a travesty?  Why a travesty?  lol

I watched every snap by Torrence at UF, arguably the best player I've seen on the OL since Pouncey twins.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...