Frauds exposed, Giants,Geno,Vikings bucs etc

johnnyjet

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

It is. How can you deny this? I mean it wasn't all his fault but he played a major role. One pass bounced off his chest and the other his face mask. Yes, they were not easy catches but they were catches that should have been made. 

It's absurd on its face.  There are 60 minutes of football.  You can't point to two plays...

One of which the ball should have been thrown better - as much on the QB as the WR

The second is absolutely insane you're even pointing to it - ball shouldn't have been thrown and White is lucky he didn't get his WR killed.

The Punts are a different story, but haven't heard what was going on his mind...

Look, I'm no Berrios guy - honestly, I never have been.  Liked his as a special teams/gadget guy - never liked him as a legit WR option...so this isn't me protecting him..

This is more about passing the blame to ANY #5 WR is ridiculous.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s more absurd: that Berrios—who actively and flagrantly ****ed up in clutch situations in back to back weeks and couldn’t/wouldn’t field punts against the Bills—cost the Jets the chance to win in a pair of one-score losses, or that the league’s #34 ranked QB was the reason the team went 5-2 prior to that? 

Refusing to give Zach Wilson any credit for his 5-2 record has literally nothing to do with the insane idea of blaming a role playing WR for back to back losses - while putting none of it on the man that touches the ball on every offensive play.

Different arguments entirely.

• More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's absurd on its face.  There are 60 minutes of football.  You can't point to two plays...

One of which the ball should have been thrown better - as much on the QB as the WR

The second is absolutely insane you're even pointing to it - ball shouldn't have been thrown and White is lucky he didn't get his WR killed.

The Punts are a different story, but haven't heard what was going on his mind...

Look, I'm no Berrios guy - honestly, I never have been.  Liked his as a special teams/gadget guy - never liked him as a legit WR option...so this isn't me protecting him..

This is more about passing the blame to ANY #5 WR is ridiculous.

Every game has a play or 2 that the game turns on. These were them for the Jets. The pass in the viking game was not thrown so far behind Berrios that the pass would have required a one handed catch. It should have been a catch. The Bills pass went through his hands. Yeah, he would have taken a hit but if he can't  take it, why are we sending him over the middle at the goal line? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Refusing to give Zach Wilson any credit for his 5-2 record has literally nothing to do with the insane idea of blaming a role playing WR for back to back losses - while putting none of it on the man that touches the ball on every offensive play.

From what I have read, these plays were designed to go to Berrios. MW threw to the correct player. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You could really call this The Berrios Collapse. He drops a sure touchdown—in his chest!—against the Vikings that loses the game, then goes into Buffalo, forgets how to field punts—which cedes about 200 yards in field position to the Bills—then drops a dime pass in the clutch that would have given the Jets first and goal late in the fourth. ******* scab.

All Truths, but don’t worry…..”Someday…”

Anyway, he might just be a Belichick plant.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Geno still not great

Giants paper tigers with a lucky win here and there especially Tenn

Tua. Miami. Lol. Done

Bucs and Todd.  We were right in launching that clown

Vikes. Not gonna get a chance to lose #5

Pats. We had them Eli mated and choked it away. 

my point is we control our destinations and can win out…this team is the real deal and on the rise. 
NO ONE WANTS US IN THE PLAYOFFFS 

LETS GO JETS 

you're right no one wants to play an elite defense designed to destroy passing games. Teams like the Chiefs do not match up well against us nor do the Bills . With out self inflicted wounds we could be in first place right now so we need to learn as a young football team to stop making dumb mistakes and it starts this week with Detroit

• Upvote 1

Any player whether it's one play, or multiple plays can be (unfortunately) the scapegoat for a lose. It just happens that Berrios had 2 in consecutive weeks that cost us games. It's not saying we hate him, it's just facts.  It's like Mosley also... He's been playing mostly lights out, but he took a gamble on one play, and it cost us getting out of a 4th down, which lead to the Bills score.

It's just a fact...

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You can put up huge stats for an entire game and then miss the pass that would have won the game.  Conversely you can play like garbage most of the games but hit your key passes for a win.  

You can also drop the pass on third and long and drop the pass in the endzone and not pick up blitzes and nearly get your QB killed and make horribly stupid Penalties on Defense . We have lost more games on one play than any other team in the NFL.

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I would give Zach Credit for the Buffalo game the rest of those games not even close. 

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

You can also drop the pass on third and long and drop the pass in the endzone and not pick up blitzes and nearly get your QB killed and make horribly stupid Penalties on Defense . We have lost more games on one play than any other team in the NFL.

You started by saying there are a bunch of plays that go in to costing you the game then say we’ve lost more games on one play than any other team in the NFL.  I don’t even know how you could determine that.

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I would give Zach Credit for the Buffalo game the rest of those games not even close. 

Really?  He didn’t put up 40 vs the fish?  
I love how the MW crew can’t give anyone credit for the games they won at QB.  
I want Zach to develop but I also want the better QB today to play and that’s been MW.  I’m not anti MW and going out to discredit what he does.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You started by saying there are a bunch of plays that go in to costing you the game then say we’ve lost more games on one play than any other team in the NFL.  I don’t even know how you could determine that.

Dude find someone else to troll we have lost 4 games based on one play by individual players. Its an educated guess that has to be right up there  with other NFL teams losing games like that. Stop being so damn literal. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  He didn’t put up 40 vs the fish?  
I love how the MW crew can’t give anyone credit for the games they won at QB.  
I want Zach to develop but I also want the better QB today to play and that’s been MW.  I’m not anti MW and going out to discredit what he does.

Dude give it up already you're making a fool of yourself Miami was manhandled in every phase Zach played a decent game but you make it sound like Zach dropped 40 on the phins  when he was 14-21 for 210 yards and no TD's Breece Hall had 200 yards of offense and Zach should have had a TD on that one play to him the story in that game was Breece Hall not Zach Wilson.  So don't say did Zach not put up 40 ? Theres also the fact Miami had no QB and turned the ball over 2 times

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Dude give it up already you're making a fool of yourself Miami was manhandled in every phase Zach played a decent game but you make it sound like Zach dropped 40 on the phins  when he was 14-21 for 210 yards and no TD's Breece Hall had 200 yards of offense and Zach should have had a TD on that one play to him the story in that game was Breece Hall not Zach Wilson.  So don't say did Zach not put up 40 ? Theres also the fact Miami had no QB and turned the ball over 2 times

Listen I wanted (and still want) Zach to succeed as much as anyone, but up to what we have seen so far, he is just not ready, maybe never will be.  I hope that is not the case, and by him sitting these games out, he is actually learning something.   It is my opinion that it is way to early to give up on him but that doesn't mean he should start another game this season.   Only way he sees the field is if MW gets hurt.    I know I am probably in the minority but I think this benching is the best thing that could have happened to hime because it became clear that he has a lot of work to do to become a starting NFL quarterback much less a Franchise QB.   The worst thing this CS did was not provide any competition and start Zach as a rookie.   I am pretty sure they realize this now and can only hope he hasn't been to "damaged" to develop into that they thought he could be when he was drafted.   MW has to demonstrate that he can get the ball DOWN the field to his playmakers and get the ball in the end zone to truly lock down the job as a starter.  So far the jury is still out on that and these next 4 games are huge for him and the team.    

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Geno still not great

Giants paper tigers with a lucky win here and there especially Tenn

Tua. Miami. Lol. Done

Bucs and Todd.  We were right in launching that clown

Vikes. Not gonna get a chance to lose #5

Pats. We had them Eli mated and choked it away. 

my point is we control our destinations and can win out…this team is the real deal and on the rise. 
NO ONE WANTS US IN THE PLAYOFFFS 

LETS GO JETS 

I love the spirit and the intention, but we do not control our fate. We have too many injuries, and many more guys that are borderline on the injury report. The Jets needs their own effort + luck to get to the playoffs this year.

Just now, JetBlue said:

Listen I wanted (and still want) Zach to succeed as much as anyone, but up to what we have seen so far, he is just not ready, maybe never will be.  I hope that is not the case, and by him sitting these games out, he is actually learning something.   It is my opinion that it is way to early to give up on him but that doesn't mean he should start another game this season.   Only way he sees the field is if MW gets hurt.    I know I am probably in the minority but I think this benching is the best thing that could have happened to hime because it became clear that he has a lot of work to do to become a starting NFL quarterback much less a Franchise QB.   The worst thing this CS did was not provide any competition and start Zach as a rookie.   I am pretty sure they realize this now and can only hope he hasn't been to "damaged" to develop into that they thought he could be when he was drafted.   MW has to demonstrate that he can get the ball DOWN the field to his playmakers and get the ball in the end zone to truly lock down the job as a starter.  So far the jury is still out on that and these next 4 games are huge for him and the team.    

I feel Mike White can get it done and he's finally getting the shot to do so.

I also feel terrible Zach has not worked out, he certainly has the talent to be great but it's what's upstairs that counts with the QB position. I think Zach has one very bad trait and its not so much his mechanics nor is it his over all ability to play QB I think the Kid plays scared and that just so happens to be a death sentence for QB's.

Zach refuses to stand tough in the pocket and step up and let it rip, when you refuse to step into and throw the ball it effects everything including your mechanics so one bad trait can lead to other problems like throwing off the back foot or leaving the pocket while plays are developing. Once you turn and run like Zach does so much, it becomes a school yard and the offense loses or fails to get in rhythm.

In todays NFL you have plays designed to develop in 3 seconds with 3 4 or 5 receivers in play that you need to know every route and every hot read ...that's a lot of info and some guys just cant process that info its a gift IMO its not about being smart its just having the inherent ability to do so. I'm pretty sure that's what's hurting Zach because the word is he does well in practice but keep in mind at practice you have no fear of getting drilled in the game you do, just ask Mike White. You have to have that toughness in the pocket.

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

You’re right, Zach wasn’t there.  He had nothing to do with that game.  Thanks.  LOL  

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Dude find someone else to troll we have lost 4 games based on one play by individual players. Its an educated guess that has to be right up there  with other NFL teams losing games like that. Stop being so damn literal. 

Troll? 

Because you don’t understand how games are lost? Sure Dude.  They were all single plays that cost us wins, like in Minny.  You see Berrios not be able to make a really good catch on a poorly thrown ball while most see the problem was 6 trips into the RZ and no TDs cost is that game.  
Understanding it’s more than one play that costs teams a game makes someone a troll?  Then I’m a troll

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I feel Mike White can get it done and he's finally getting the shot to do so.

I also feel terrible Zach has not worked out, he certainly has the talent to be great but it's what's upstairs that counts with the QB position. I think Zach has one very bad trait and its not so much his mechanics nor is it his over all ability to play QB I think the Kid plays scared and that just so happens to be a death sentence for QB's.

Zach refuses to stand tough in the pocket and step up and let it rip, when you refuse to step into and throw the ball it effects everything including your mechanics so one bad trait can lead to other problems like throwing off the back foot or leaving the pocket while plays are developing. Once you turn and run like Zach does so much, it becomes a school yard and the offense loses or fails to get in rhythm.

In todays NFL you have plays designed to develop in 3 seconds with 3 4 or 5 receivers in play that you need to know every route and every hot read ...that's a lot of info and some guys just cant process that info its a gift IMO its not about being smart its just having the inherent ability to do so. I'm pretty sure that's what's hurting Zach because the word is he does well in practice but keep in mind at practice you have no fear of getting drilled in the game you do, just ask Mike White. You have to have that toughness in the pocket.

I am not going to debate Zachs toughness.  He has taken some shots of his own.  The problem is I don't care how tough you are, you take enough hits and he start getting gunshy.    As I said, before, he has a lot of work to do.    I don't think it has anything to do with how tough he is or isn't.   You don't get to this level by being a p***y.    

I like Mike White; and definitely impressed me with his performance last week.  He took his punishment like a man and that was very impressive.  One of his best traits, is his quick decision making; however he does tend to go for the check down a little to often for me.  I am interested in seeing if he can get the ball down the field (with velocity) to his play makers.   That to me, that will determine if we have in fact found our quarterback or if we need to sign/trade or draft one next year.  In fact thay will probably do one of those anyway.  

• Upvote 1