Are We Really Running the Same O as SF?

I didn't watch the game. I do have Amazon but this game just didn't  seem sexy enough for me to open an app to watch it but look at how well Purdy has played. Is SF OL so much better than ours that he has time to make the throws? What is it that SF is doing that the QB position is plug and play yet we are still struggling to find out who we have at QB and we are supposed to be running the same O. 

• Upvote 2

Yes, but Shanahan grew up with this system. LaFleur is doing his best impression of him.

Shanahan is the HC I wanted us to hire a decade ago. He’s good at this. 

Jury is still out on MLF. I’m not as high in him as I am Saleh, but he’s not without blemishes either.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JiFields said:

The guy has CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle and Jennings is very solid.  I'm sure the plays called would look incredibly more explosive if the Jets had skills players like that....remember what the offense looked like when Hall was running wild? 

I would say Kittle is the main difference there. If that is all we are missing, sign Dalton Shultz. I believe he is a UFA after this season. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I would say Kittle is the main difference there. If that is all we are missing, sign Dalton Shultz. I believe he is a UFA after this season. 

Shultz was someone I wanted in FA, I thought he resigned...but looking it up, it was only for 1 year, cant see them bringing him back....that would be a great signing but doubt it considering the fact they signed both Conk and Uzomah for 3 years?  Can they get out after 1 or something?  Only way I could see them going after Schultz. 

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Its foolish to continue to bash the OLine.  If you're a real Jet fan you know that there's been nothing

but injuries, shuffling and position changes since camp.  Its amazing they've played as well as they

have

This. 
Plus it’s not the sf offense, it’s a hybrid. Plus, mlf is still figuring things out. I hate to say it but he’s not the  same seasoned coach as shannahan. Plus with AVT out and guys being shuffled in and out constantly due to injury, yes, their o-line is playing better. 
I also think now that the jets have a half way functional qb, if they also had hall back from injury they would look a lot better. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And Kittle is awesome but signing CMC is next level for that team, dude had half their entire offense yardage himself between his runs and passes caught.  Huge reason why Purdy has been so successful, that play action is a killer with the threat of CMC in the backfield. 

• Upvote 1

This system needs a dual threat TE (great blocker, playmaker in the passing game). A lot of formations in the offense can be run out of or passed out of. The TE being able to do both is huge when you’re in 2 WR sets. You either have the extra blocker, or you have the disguised 3rd pass catcher on the field. Finding a kittle type of player is tough, but it’s an aspect of this offense that we cannot replicate. Eventually I’d like to see the jets spend some draft capital on a high upside TE that could potentially give us what kittle can do. Easier said than done though…

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

This system needs a dual threat TE (great blocker, playmaker in the passing game). A lot of formations in the offense can be run out of or passed out of. The TE being able to do both is huge when you’re in 2 WR sets. You either have the extra blocker, or you have the disguised 3rd pass catcher on the field. Finding a kittle type of player is tough, but it’s an aspect of this offense that we cannot replicate. Eventually I’d like to see the jets spend some draft capital on a high upside TE that could potentially give us what kittle can do. Easier said than done though…

They also have Juszcyk who played 50% of the snaps last night and makes you wonder why this team doesnt carry a FB like that...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, KRL said:

Its foolish to continue to bash the OLine.  If you're a real Jet fan you know that there's been nothing

but injuries, shuffling and position changes since camp.  Its amazing they've played as well as they

have

But would you agree with me if I said that the 49ers have a better OL? I think that's the idea going on here.

28 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Shultz was someone I wanted in FA, I thought he resigned...but looking it up, it was only for 1 year, cant see them bringing him back....that would be a great signing but doubt it considering the fact they signed both Conk and Uzomah for 3 years?  Can they get out after 1 or something?  Only way I could see them going after Schultz. 

I'm not a cap guy. @Sperm Edwards? @slats

27 minutes ago, JiFields said:

And Kittle is awesome but signing CMC is next level for that team, dude had half their entire offense yardage himself between his runs and passes caught.  Huge reason why Purdy has been so successful, that play action is a killer with the threat of CMC in the backfield. 

We should be able to do the blame thing with Bam. Not putting Bam in the CMC category,  but he is a threat to both run and catch. 

51 minutes ago, JiFields said:

The guy has CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle and Jennings is very solid.  I'm sure the plays called would look incredibly more explosive if the Jets had skills players like that....remember what the offense looked like when Hall was running wild? 

imagine this team with White at QB, and AVT and Breece still playing... if only the coaches would have made the change to White

Breece, G Wilson, E Moore (with White or anyone not named Zachenberg), Ruckert, new WR - doesnn't feel that far off if our Line is right. of course that's projection. Playcalling and play design is a bigger difference I think. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, but Shanahan grew up with this system. LaFleur is doing his best impression of him.

Shanahan is the HC I wanted us to hire a decade ago. He’s good at this. 

Jury is still out on MLF. I’m not as high in him as I am Saleh, but he’s not without blemishes either.

Its really hard to judge LaFleur, we have so many self inflicted wounds that cost us games based on single player performance .We also don't know how well this team is actually executing based on the fact we don't have the play calls in front of us but I do believe LaFleur when he says his team is not executing because if he's just throwing that crap out there and putting the blame on his team he had better be telling the truth. Keep in mind those same players are in the meeting room with him and someone needs to be held accountable.

14 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Really good breakdown of how well SF's Oline blocks.  Well team overall too.

Lol everything the Jets don't have right now. 

Jets need to do an overhaul on the OL (again). And find a legit TE and FB.

You now know you have a pretty damn good RB stable starting with Breece. Build around that to make it as successful as possible.

20 minutes ago, Stark said:

imagine this team with White at QB, and AVT and Breece still playing... if only the coaches would have made the change to White

Breece, G Wilson, E Moore (with White or anyone not named Zachenberg), Ruckert, new WR - doesnn't feel that far off if our Line is right. of course that's projection. Playcalling and play design is a bigger difference I think. 

If Breece was still playing, we Baker Mayfield Zach. Bad QB who's  shortcomings  are hidden by a strong run game

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Hunter Luepke out of NDSU... Thats the guy we need this year if we want to run it like SF does. 

I really thought Nick Bawden would make the team, even with the addition of the new TE's.  He played a ton of specials and was effective in the run game when they used him but I guess Conk/Ruckert could play the HB role but they just dont do it.  IT's not a part of their game plan, ever.

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

I really thought Nick Bawden would make the team, even with the addition of the new TE's.  He played a ton of specials and was effective in the run game when they used him but I guess Conk/Ruckert could play the HB role but they just dont do it.  IT's not a part of their game plan, ever.

Yea ive always maintained this offense has shown more similarities to GB's than to SF which would support the non use of a FB.  I think in the beginning the plan was to emulate SF which was what we saw that first preseason.  Lafleur has been a little all over the place with what he wants this offense to be schematically so far in his tenure. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If Breece was still playing, we Baker Mayfield Zach. Bad QB who's  shortcomings  are hidden by a strong run game

yes that's why I said if only staff still made move to white.... it was clear Zachenberg not a good QB jag at best