Just watched reply: Buffalo is a dirty team

Watched the compressed game yesterday.  NFL+ if you guys get it over in 45 minutes.   In any case in that amount if time I couldn’t help but notice the way the Bills played that game.  Blasting Garrett Wilson out of bounds.  On the okay Corey Davis was injured it looked relatively benign and I thought this guy is so soft.  Then I looked again and while he was on the ground he was hit right in the head with the usual no penalty flag.   Then the Bills linebacker clearly launching himself like a missile into the ribs of our unprotected QB.  Not to mention numerous instances where the Bills demonstrated a new way of tackling:  lifting an often engaged player up by his legs in a way that leaves him vulnerable to injury.   There were often cases were they just missed a hit but you could see the intent was to launch at our guys including the incomplete to Berrios where he may have been in the hospital had he made that catch.   Not sure if this is how they are being trained to play but the fact that they were not flagged for any roughing or late hit penalties is a concern and reinforces that their way is working.  I hope our CS and FO are showing some of this to the league because it’s ridiculous and should not be tolerated in this day and age. 

• WTF? 1

The GW “out of bounce” hit should absolutely been a flag. I’m still miffed at that since it was so obvious. It wasn’t vicious or anything though. The MW hit was a hard hit and in another game could have been called RTP, but it wasn’t vicious either. Just a good, solid hit that would have gotten Tom Brady a flag. As car as the Davis play, I feel like we see a few of those types of plays every game, Jets defenders do that kind of stuff too. Quincy and Moseley have both, imo, gotten away with “kinda rough/kinda late” hits over the course of the season. 

I don’t think anyone was being purposely vicious outside of the normal stuff you see every game.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I agree on the GW hit and to an extent on CD ( Not sure there was intent) but I have to disagree on the Milano hit. Milano never left his feet and he didn't  drive MW into the turf. It was just a very hard hit to the QB. This is on the OL inability  to pick up a Blitzer. 

Milano delayed blitz, Carter picked up Edmunds on the blitz, McGovern is already engaged in a double team on Oliver. Herbig is already blocking someone. Buffalo sent 4 to the right side of the line. Someone was bound to be free. I don't believe it was an OL failure to pick up the blitzer as it was a failure to recognize the blitz to dump it off to someone. 

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You actually pointed out the mistake. You don't have the luxury to double on a blitz. If you want to blame MW for not calling it out, that's fair

You can't expect McGovern to pick up a delayed blitz two gaps away. It isn't feasible. White stayed in the pocket a delivered the ball, problem is he won't be able to take many more of those hits. Experience should help with recognizing a delayed blitz. He needs to stay upright so he can get the experience.

6 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You can't expect McGovern to pick up a delayed blitz two gaps away. It isn't feasible. White stayed in the pocket a delivered the ball, problem is he won't be able to take many more of those hits. Experience should help with recognizing a delayed blitz. He needs to stay upright so he can get the experience.

Actually I saw AVT do exactly that last season as a rookie. He actually knocked the free rusher to the ground. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually I saw AVT do exactly that last season as a rookie. He actually knocked the free rusher to the ground. 

That's impressive.

The Bills sent 4 against 3 blockers, It was a well designed blitz. The Pats do it all the time. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the opponent and hopefully your OC can counter it.

35 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Now that Brady is gone, can Patriot fans start using this....,asking for a friend?

Dint get me wrong, refs treat Sauce with that sane sort of reverence. I was talking as a Jet fan, I was talking as a disenchanted Jets fan. You may use whatever you like, from the look of things so far you’re gonna need it. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:26 AM, Claymation said:

Milano delayed blitz, Carter picked up Edmunds on the blitz, McGovern is already engaged in a double team on Oliver. Herbig is already blocking someone. Buffalo sent 4 to the right side of the line. Someone was bound to be free. I don't believe it was an OL failure to pick up the blitzer as it was a failure to recognize the blitz to dump it off to someone. 

i don't know if it was on the milano play but it looked like in one case the te didn't chip oliver very well and he sacked white.

• 2 weeks later...