Zach starting Sunday (merged)

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

He doesn’t need to be a hero, he just needs to show he understands what is required of him.  Get the ball to the playmakers, follow the script.  

What is required from him?  The team needs a win.  It doesn't need 3 yard throws on 3rd and 7 or moving into the red zone without scoring TD's.  He's the QB.  TD's and points are required.  

Just now, Pac said:

I'm not a Zip fan but this is a little much..  He was the concensus 2nd best QB last year for a reason. 

I think a lot of his problem is he was and perhaps still is kind of a conceited dick. 

3 weeks is enough time to absorb the fact you're acting like a dick and not too many people like you.  Just ask @T0mShane

He was a late riser because the jets didn’t hide that they were zeroing in. The pundits predict draft results, not prospect success.

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

First Mike White was the next coming of Jesus, next any attempts to keep him off the field are acts of conspiracy. 
Got it 

I’m was in the middle. People were over the top on Whites performance. But anyone who watches football could see he’s the better QB. The Johnson’s stepping in here for whatever reason to get Wilson a soft landing is a joke. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

I’m was in the middle. People were over the top on Whites performance. But anyone who watches football could see he’s the better QB. The Johnson’s stepping in here for whatever reason to get Wilson a soft landing is a joke. 

you have ZERO proof of the johnson's stepping in here.

it's just an opinion you have.  a pretty dumb one.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

they benched him.  they didn't keep chasing it.

seems like MW can't play.  He's done well.  The doctors haven't cleared him.  you want flacco back there?  he has no interest in playing

You’re entitled to your opinion but not to mine.

If you want to debate against that position, I suggest you go find someone who actually holds that view.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DireJet said:

Team must be deflated like a balloon. They’re pros but still human. We’ll see how they rally but I don’t like our chances on Sunday. I see a flat/disinterested team getting their doors blown off. 

These are professional athletes earning their living in the sport, you think they are gonna be flat with a playoff spot on the line based on who is starting at QB. Nice take , however wrong it is. 

FYI the better conspiracy isn't that Saleh lied (in quite a bit of detail) about Mike White "exhausting" all possible options outside the Jets medical staff to find a doctor to clear him for contact. That would fall apart within hours/days. No, the better theory is that Mike White did visit multiple doctors, but the secret cabal of Woody Johnson, Joe D, Zach's mom and/or JetBlue paid them off.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Ok, but let's think this through. 

Let's say you are JD and you decide that the Lions are the weakest defense we have left on the schedule (Seattle and Miami's defenses are also kinda trash, but fair enough) and you want to save your #2 pick. Wouldn't this have been decided last Sunday or Monday? In fact, the Mike White injury would have been the perfect excuse for Saleh to come out on Monday and tell the world that Mike White has broken ribs and can't play going forward. Why wait until three days before the game? 

Everyone would have understood on Monday if you told the world that Mike White has 4 broken ribs and simply isn't cleared to start another game. In fact, why did they even put him back in the game last Sunday at all? 

As usual, this conspiracy theory doesn't really make any sense

Dude, don't even bother.  It's all the same 6-7 posters who are looking for any sliver of negative information to bitch over.  You're not going to convince them otherwise.

Jesus Christ himself could come down from heaven and swear on the bible that this wasn't some sort of conspiracy by Saleh/JD/Woody and they would still yell that it's BS.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

These are professional athletes earning their living in the sport, you think they are gonna be flat with a playoff spot on the line based on who is starting at QB. Nice take , however wrong it is. 

No one at your workplace is ever petty?

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because they aren’t and you’re falling into the trap of assigning a simple explanation to a complex situation.

complex situation?  The Jets have a game Sunday. As a fan root for a win.

All this other stuff is drama and conspiracy theories. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Dude, don't even bother.  It's all the same 6-7 posters who are looking for any sliver of negative information to bitch over.  You're not going to convince them otherwise.

Jesus Christ himself could come down from heaven and swear on the bible that this wasn't some sort of conspiracy by Saleh/JD/Woody and they would still yell that it's BS.

max has a no religion policy on this board.

• More Ugh 1

There’s no conspiracy theory here, doctors are in place to protect players from themselves. Of course White wants to play, but at what expense? He takes a hard shot, his career may be over and his overall health can be compromised. His health is more important than football. And there’s no way in todays day and age that the Jets can muster up an excuse by blaming doctors when in fact it’s not true. Was never into conspiracy theories and never will be.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Regardless of all our takes and biases, the thing that truly matters is this: Zippy needs to show and prove to his teammates that he is willing to put it all on the line to win because that is what everyone else is doing. If he's not willing to sacrifice his body to make a play like everyone else, like White, sht even the kickers will risk injury to try and stop a return to the house, then he will never EVER get the respect from his teammates that he desperately needs. If he reverts to the same ol' spinning ballerina sht just to throw the ball OOB and they lose to the Lions the locker room is going to fkg explode. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The less loud majority was in the middle for sure. The loud minority is this 

Just now, Pac said:

I'm not a Zip fan but this is a little much..  He was the concensus 2nd best QB last year for a reason. 

I think a lot of his problem is he was and perhaps still is kind of a conceited dick. 

3 weeks is enough time to absorb the fact you're acting like a dick and not too many people like you.  Just ask @T0mShane

My concern is less attitude and more issues pertaining to footwork, processing, etc.

I genuinely believe the kid developed the yips.  He didn’t get hit at BYU, played a few games behind a bad offensive line in his first season, completely regressed in every single facet, and now he overthinks things because he is a mess.  That is not getting fixed in three weeks.  The best you’re probably going get out of him is Jacksonville Zach Wilson, maybe Buffalo on a perfect day and the worst you’re going to get is a mix of the disaster-pieces that we got against NE.  If the offense can’t get rolling, our defense will not be able to contain Detroit’s offense for very long, especially if Quinnen Williams isn’t out there to assist with getting to Goff.  I have zero, maybe even negative, faith that Wilson will:

a.) Actually get the offense rolling.

b.) Be able to keep up/come back from any deficit the Lions create.

The only good that might come out of this is Wilson will, likely, once and for all, prove that he ain’t it, was a waste of the 2nd overall pick, and the Jets will go back to White for Thursday Night Football, having been all but officially eliminated from the playoffs, so that they can fully evaluate him as a potential replacement/solution.

5 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

FYI the better conspiracy isn't that Saleh lied (in quite a bit of detail) about Mike White "exhausting" all possible options outside the Jets medical staff to find a doctor to clear him for contact. That would fall apart within hours/days. No, the better theory is that Mike White did visit multiple doctors, but the secret cabal of Woody Johnson, Joe D, Zach's mom and/or JetBlue paid them off.

I agree! I like this one better 

Mike White played great and we went 1-2. He’s not a starter that you can win it all with.  He’s a GREAT number 2 that can save the season long enough for the real guy to get back from injury.

Is Wilson that guy?  I’m 95% sure the answer is no, but we have nothing to lose by finding out now instead of waiting until next year. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I hope I’m wrong but the Jets have not been a professional-level sports team for a decade-plus! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Johnson’s don’t care about winning. At my wits end with this one. It’s just such obvious BS. Wilson better go for 300 and 3.

Yes the Johnson's would rather lose and not make extra money by reaching the playoffs , they are all sabotaging the season to make supposed Jet fans suffer watching Zach Wilson . 

And even if Wilson threw for 300 and 3 then there would be people here saying did you see the wide open receiver his missed blah blah blah, the Lions  D sucks, the Jets had NASA calm the winds so it wouldn't affect ZW, the Lions are in on it also because the Ford family likes Jet Blue  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt

Mike White said he talked to 10 different doctors trying to get cleared and none of them would. Called it “frustrating.” Said he’s only feeling “general soreness.” Doctors are just worried about contact

Mike White admitted it was “wishful thinking” when he said there was no doubt that he would play.

• Upvote 1